Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Another poster put together his interpretation of the events, and I agree with them.

Alliance backed Calia's return to the throne, promising Forsaken co-existence with their living relatives. Desolate Council supports this endeavor and approaches Anduin in earnest, both factions having a chance for peace.

Per other pages in the preview, Sylvanas wants to burn down Stormwind and says she wants to feed the Horde the blood of Stormwind's people. She probably sees this as the best opportunity to make herself the good guy.

Sylvanas offs Calia (thus relieving Lordaeron civilians their rightful heir) and the Desolate Council, framing it in a way that it looked like the Alliance was responsible for the attack.

If Alliance defend their prospects and try to avenge the people, the Horde would unwittingly rise up and defend Sylvanas despite her being the real aggressor. The Horde thinks they're playing defense when they're actually offense.

TL;DR The Horde is invading Teldrassil because they think the Alliance is pushing them in when in reality it was Sylvanas setting things up to make herself look good.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have a hard time believing that the people of the Alliance would willinging let that kind of undead into their faction.

Then again they let DKs in with out much issue so what do I know?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As was mentioned, Calia was killed by Sylvanas. Calia was working with the Alliance and the Forsaken to bring peace between the two groups, but Sylvanas did not want peace.

However, after Calia is killed, Saa'ra (Naaru from Netherlight Temple) works with Anduin and Alonsus Faol to reanimate Calia as a Light Undead.

So it looks like Blizz might be preparing to remove Sylvanas and put Calia in her place.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

A Light Undead? What....?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:A Light Undead? What....?
As far as I can tell, it is a body animate with the Light instead of Necromancy.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Valnaaros wrote:
Teigan wrote:A Light Undead? What....?
As far as I can tell, it is a body animate with the Light instead of Necromancy.
I second Teigan on the "What?" :| This is stating to get really dumb. :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Oh joy just remove another Horde character >.>

Also I third the "what?"
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Valnaaros wrote:As was mentioned, Calia was killed by Sylvanas. Calia was working with the Alliance and the Forsaken to bring peace between the two groups, but Sylvanas did not want peace.

However, after Calia is killed, Saa'ra (Naaru from Netherlight Temple) works with Anduin and Alonsus Faol to reanimate Calia as a Light Undead.

So it looks like Blizz might be preparing to remove Sylvanas and put Calia in her place.
I hope this is true, I'll be sooooo happy, and they could become an allied race. Yesssss. :D

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

This actually might explain why Uther's tomb was revamped. What if he will be reanimated as a Light undead?
Silivren

Valnaaros wrote:This actually might explain why Uther's tomb was revamped. What if he will be reanimated as a Light undead?
OH, I LOVE it. He was Arthas teacher when he still lived, so presumably he knows Calia as well.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Valnaaros wrote: So it looks like Blizz might be preparing to remove Sylvanas and put Calia in her place.
I don't see why the Forsaken would want follow a "light undead".

This whole "light undead" thing sounds so stupid. If the light can make undead then why have they not done it before? Why should we trust them?

I've not heard of this Calia person and I would not want her as a Horde leader.
Silivren

cowmuflage wrote:
Valnaaros wrote: So it looks like Blizz might be preparing to remove Sylvanas and put Calia in her place.
I don't see why the Forsaken would want follow a "light undead".

This whole "light undead" thing sounds so stupid. If the light can make undead then why have they not done it before? Why should we trust them?

I've not heard of this Calia person and I would not want her as a Horde leader.
Calia is Arthas older sister, and she is the rightful heir to the throne of Lordaeron.

I for one LOVE the light undead idea, that's so unique and cool. To each their own but I hope they become playable/a thing in game. I'd LOVE to play one.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Holy Undead aren't uncommon in fantasy. I believe that DnD has a group of them.

As to why it has never happened, it looks like it requires a Naaru and individuals that heavily practice the Light. Saa'ra channels the Light through Alonsus and Anduin, which allows them to reanimate Calia.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Valnaaros wrote:Holy Undead aren't uncommon in fantasy. I believe that DnD has a group of them.

As to why it has never happened, it looks like it requires a Naaru and individuals that heavily practice the Light. Saa'ra channels the Light through Alonsus and Anduin, which allows them to reanimate Calia.

It just does not seem every Lightish to me? Like in WoW raising the dead has always been shown as a "bad" thing and so it's just odd that these supposedly "good" things are doing it now.

I think i'd be fine if it's just the one "light undead" but I think making a whole race of them would be a bit weird. like the Alliance would still view the Forsaken as monsters but be fine with them? They'd be kind of hypocrites :lol:
Silivren

The alliance weren't going to view them all as monsters based on the novel, Anduin was proposing an alliance and giving the Forsaken aka the Desolate Council his support. Anduin is it seems actively trying to change the way the alliance is, he wants peace not war.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The concept of a Light undead just makes no sense to me. If you resurrect someone with the light...they're just...resurrected. Alive again. That's generally how it works. There shouldn't be anything undead/zombie about it.

*shakes head*

This whole thing is worse than bad fanfiction.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Even Genn, at the end of the novel, comes to realize that not all Forsaken are evil and deserve to be killed.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vephriel wrote:The concept of a Light undead just makes no sense to me. If you resurrect someone with the light...they're just...resurrected. Alive again. That's generally how it works. There shouldn't be anything undead/zombie about it.

*shakes head*

This whole thing is worse than bad fanfiction.
Game mechanics make resurrection out to be something that is very easy to do, even though lore states otherwise. In this case, it is possible that Calia had been dead for too long to be resurrected, or perhaps it is something that the Light has done intentionally in order to allow Calia a better chance to rally and lead the Forsaken.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

If she was killed by sylvanas, then it's likely she can't be rezzed normally. When questing in stormheim, nathanos mentions sylvanas uses blight-tipped arrows. they're lucky there's enough left to raise.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Here is the actual page in the novel where Calia is reanimated