Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:Those were included in the leak, as well, but races like the Zandalari and Dark Irons being included gives the leak more creedence since they were not located in the 7.3 files (which contained LFs, VEs, HMs, and NBs) that started all of the subrace speculatiom prior to Blizzcon.

If am able to find it, I would definately share it here :)
The only one I can find is this http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/co ... -datamined but I don't see mention anywhere.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I remember reading that article. :) I believe the leak came out afterwards, but wasn't believed at the time due to all of the other "leaks" that were being posted. It was quoted and spoken about on mmo- and SoL after Blizzcon confirmed not only the races that were datamined, but also Zandalari and DIs.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Mmo-C datamined a map of AU Gorgrond. This, plus the armor labeled "DraenorOrc", basically guarantees that we'll be getting brown orcs :)Image
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Also

--SPOILER FOR OPENING QUEST--
Saurfang say after his rescue that he wants to talk with the boy king. What if it is the alliance that is getting orcs??
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is probably Saurfang telling Anduin that he isn't in support of Sylvanas.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Could you imagine the uproar if Blizzard took the core concept of Orc v. Human and ended up sticking them in the same faction? Oh wow, the forums would be ablaze :lol: Like Valnaaros said, I wonder if it's more a splintering of morals in the Horde, which we saw a small snapshot of in the cinematic of Sylvanas being shown the Azerite. Baine and Saurfang don't seem keen on the direction Sylvanas is moving in, and it could be possible that Saurfang is trying to prevent/lessen the all-out war that we're heading towards.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No kidding. The Horde would be absolutely furious. They have been asking for Mag'har for years, and it would be a huge slap in the face of Blizz had them go Alliance :lol: Yeah, it is looking like this xpac is going a similar route as MoP.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

No orc would join the Alliance. They'd be far too racist towards them.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I would totally play a Mag'har Orc on the Alliance, Fury Warrior with dual Gorehowls, Stormwind armor, and the Tusks of Mannoroth. Big F-bomb to the Horde right there if I could do that.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

I were thinking that maybe all the allied races thing is just a big prelude to Blizzard removing the faction restrictions entirely. After the expansion is over.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

I've just started playing WoW again so I've been checking out these new races. I'm disappointed that the biggest thing to happen to the Night Elf lore in ages -the Nightborne- went to the Horde, but I'm still going to play one when I unlock them and buy the game. I'm excited to finally see Dark Iron dwarves and Zandalari are coming into the game in the future. The Alliance is going to be drowning in Void Elves, drowning. Poor Lightforged Draenei.

I find it odd that those Vulpera things seem to be popular as a potential race when so many people kicked off about the Pandaren being a playable race. At least Pandaren were part of WoW lore. I don't hate Vulpera or anything, but they remind me of the token cute race that certain MMOs have, and honestly I think that the "slot" for a new race would be wasted on them when there are so many better options, ones people have been asking for for years.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think Arakkoa would be a much better option for Alliance, and it would be able to work since the Horde will be going back to Draenor to recruit the Iron Horde. The Alliance could also go back to Draenor and recruit the Arakkoa.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Krysteena wrote:Could you imagine the uproar if Blizzard took the core concept of Orc v. Human and ended up sticking them in the same faction? Oh wow, the forums would be ablaze :lol: Like Valnaaros said, I wonder if it's more a splintering of morals in the Horde, which we saw a small snapshot of in the cinematic of Sylvanas being shown the Azerite. Baine and Saurfang don't seem keen on the direction Sylvanas is moving in, and it could be possible that Saurfang is trying to prevent/lessen the all-out war that we're heading towards.
*Spoilers* Saurfang pretty much surrenders to the Alliance and lets himself get captured.

I think he'll be the one to recruit the Draenor Orcs... but I think he'll do it for the Alliance.

Sylvanas is pushing the Horde further and further apart. She forces Malfurion to pledge the Dreamgrove to the Alliance (which I'm curious how this will be handled with Horde druids) with the burning of Teldrassil.

I would not be shocked at all if Draenor Orcs are brought into the Alliance by Saurfang, then Alterac Humans (Thin Humans) are brought into the Horde by Nathanos.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am very doubtful that they would give Draenor/Mag'har to the Alliance. Horde players have been asking for them for years. It would be a giant slap in the face if they gave them to Alliance.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:I am very doubtful that they would give Draenor/Mag'har to the Alliance. Horde players have been asking for them for years. It would be a giant slap in the face if they gave them to Alliance.
Eh, after them having the Nightborne join a global war mere weeks after saying they would join Azeroth as defenders, not conquerors, everything's fair game.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not really. There are plenty of good reasons for the Nightborne to join the Horde. The reasons expressed in the acquisition questline weren't great, but that is on Blizz. But outside of that, they fit far better alongside the Sin'dorei than Kaldorei.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Valnaaros wrote:Not really. There are plenty of good reasons for the Nightborne to join the Horde. The reasons expressed in the acquisition questline weren't great, but that is on Blizz. But outside of that, they fit far better alongside the Sin'dorei than Kaldorei.
The Nightborne storyline was written to be neutral between the Alliance and Horde. Both show up at the same time, do the same things, then are equally useless in the final assault on the Nighthold. It would make most sense for them to join whichever faction the player character is, since he or she is the one who actually helped them.

What I think happened is that the original plan was for the Nightborne to be available to both factions like Pandaren, but this was changed at some point and the Alliance were given Void Elves instead. This also explains why the Void Elves other than Alleria were completely absent from the Argus story.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It was written so that both factions would aid the Nightfallen in reclaiming Suramar. However, there was natural animosity that exited between the Nightfallen and the Kaldorei (as there should be). This didn't help relations at all. On the other hand, the Sin'dorei were much more understanding of the Nightfallen, due to having gone through a very similar issue in the past. On top of that, the Sin'dorei and Nightborne have a very similar culture. Both highly value the arcane, and thus mages are highly valued. Both have groups such as Spellbreakers. Both value extravagant lifestyles. etc etc. The Nightborne have very little in common with the Kaldorei. It just makes more sense for them to go Horde.

I could possibly agree with that if it wasn't for the reasons I listed above and the fact that, after MoP ended, Blizz said they regretted making the Pandaren neutral and probably won't do it again.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Uh... They were not written neutral.
Tyrande: "Let's motivate those citizen to fight so they can be cannonfolder for my soldiers."
Liadrin: "Let's motivate those citizen so they don't lose hope."

Apart for that, the 'debate' of the real faction of the Nightbornes have been raging on every WoW media since the Blizzcon. Can we please, please, choose another one?
Here some of the old ones if y'all want to read on the subject:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7 ... rde_makes/
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/23 ... ridiculous

There, let's talk about others Allied Races. Say, what don't the Lightforged start exalted with the Army of the Light? (I wanted to use that tabard on my LF alt)
I don't have much interest in the Fennec-people myself, at the moment, but damn, I'd like if we could have the Snake-people (or Sneeple). I would love if Blizzard put two NPC to make an Easter Egg to the Wheel of the Time. There's mythological tricksters in it, one folks fox and the other snakes. (Well, "tricksters" is.. maybe a bit advancing myself). It would be cool, is all I say.

I personally do not support orcs in Alliance and humans in the Horde, I must admit. They are, a bit too much of the poster child for each faction. But at the same time, it could provide the opening to end the faction war, maybe? I just have an hard time picturing orcs walking around Stormwind. I know that Alliance roleplayers will throw a fit, that's for sure haha. (And Horde too, probably? I'm less sure of that one.)

I'm still hoping for Ethereals as an Allied race, one day.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Inay wrote: I personally do not support orcs in Alliance and humans in the Horde, I must admit. They are, a bit too much of the poster child for each faction. But at the same time, it could provide the opening to end the faction war, maybe? I just have an hard time picturing orcs walking around Stormwind. I know that Alliance roleplayers will throw a fit, that's for sure haha. (And Horde too, probably? I'm less sure of that one.)
I don't think Saurfang would faction change, because he loves the Horde. He cares about the members and its people, bc they're his family. For him, the Horde is not just a platform for petty war/revenge. I see this more so as a rift between him and Sylvanas, than the possibility of orcs siding with humans. Even besides that, there is too much deep rooted prejudice for an orc to consider joining the Alliance. Where as most Horde leaders have no real issue with the Alliance races, many alliance leaders do have beef with races of the horde :lol:
(( Plus I would NOT want to be any sort of Horde race and join the alliance, when Jaina and Genn have a hit list and are crossing off names :lol: ))