Proposal: Pet Mog. (Solution for stable slots)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Proposal: Pet Mog. (Solution for stable slots)

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ultimately is it a place to store individual pets or should it be more of a collection game similar to how the transmog system works?
I worry that this will cause the whole argument of 'pets should/shouldn't be 'devauled' past what they are' to come back again, so I'll refrain from going back onto what I've said previously. However, I do hope that pets don't become like some type of transmog because, for me, it devalues the pet. At least, in their current state, they mean something, even if it isn't what the older players remember/want. That being said, I'm glad that they're obviously considering what to do with pets, and they seem to be acknowledging that something needs to be done about the stable system as it currently stands. With no design set in stone right now, I'm not going to freak out over what they could/couldn't do just yet.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'd like to see something in between, like garrison/order hall followers. You have your main team of 5 including your active pet, and then 20 more on the bench. Then more in retirement, but you can bring one out of retirement a day, for a cost. You don't need 5 spirit beasts on your bench, but sometimes you get tired of the one you've been running with, and want to bring back an old friend. We don't need a list of checkboxes with every look. Plus, that might hose over getting unique fx on pets. Also, if you want to stack your bench with multiples of the same skin (for dire beast etc), with different names, that doesn't fit into a xmog system.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I dunno.
The whole 'tame them all' thing makes me feel like pets will lose their 'value'. Not like how much they're worth. But make them feel less important.

I felt that way on GW2 when I played. You could just pick your pet out of a book. Didn't need to keep it. Once you had it, it was there. Whoop de doo.
Hated it.
Nothing really felt special or unique.

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Bowno wrote:I dunno.
The whole 'tame them all' thing makes me feel like pets will lose their 'value'. Not like how much they're worth. But make them feel less important.

I felt that way on GW2 when I played. You could just pick your pet out of a book. Didn't need to keep it. Once you had it, it was there. Whoop de doo.
Hated it.
Nothing really felt special or unique.
That is also my feelings in regards to this. A Pet Xmog tab would make pets feel less important. Instead of you choosing your favorites out of hundreds of possible pets, you could just collect them all. Like Battle Pets and Mounts, they would become a faceless mass.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It makes me think of a conversation I had recently. Someone asked me how many minipets I have, which is over 800 unique. They were impressed. And then they asked which one was my favorite. I can't answer that anymore, because there are simply too many of them. I don't want that for my hunter pets. It makes me sad.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Honestly, I think it'd be neat if they made 3 unique pets with a Gara-like questline.

Like, you are contacted by Hemet at max level about a rare hunt the likes you'll never see again. To hunt an incredibly rare Ethereal creature, that have the unique ability to shapeshift, that has been spotted.

In the scenario, instead of killing them, you befriend them and in the end, you end the scenario by taming all 3 of them.

One is Tenacity, one is Ferocity, one is Cunning. After meeting them, an Ethereal Hunter in Trueshot Lodge (nothing wrong with making us go back there) will show up with a one-time quest that causes you to "store" all looks of creatures you have tamed and tame in the future, which he can then apply to the ethereal creatures if you return to him with a sum of gold for his services.

However, for those who still want old fashioned pets, the option is still there to tame them regularly, use regular stables, etc. You'd only be able to transmog these three specific pets, which you would have a scenario to bond with.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I really like the creativity, but it is just a pet xmog tab with extra steps required in order to get it, which has been shown on this site to an unpopular option.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Myzou wrote:Honestly, I think it'd be neat if they made 3 unique pets with a Gara-like questline.

Like, you are contacted by Hemet at max level about a rare hunt the likes you'll never see again. To hunt an incredibly rare Ethereal creature, that have the unique ability to shapeshift, that has been spotted.

In the scenario, instead of killing them, you befriend them and in the end, you end the scenario by taming all 3 of them.

One is Tenacity, one is Ferocity, one is Cunning. After meeting them, an Ethereal Hunter in Trueshot Lodge (nothing wrong with making us go back there) will show up with a one-time quest that causes you to "store" all looks of creatures you have tamed and tame in the future, which he can then apply to the ethereal creatures if you return to him with a sum of gold for his services.

However, for those who still want old fashioned pets, the option is still there to tame them regularly, use regular stables, etc. You'd only be able to transmog these three specific pets, which you would have a scenario to bond with.
That's very creative, and I like that you threw the old stick in the mud players like me a bone at the end...

I would be one of those that wanted old fashioned pets, since, cool as that idea is, I'd in essence only actually have those three ethereal pets, whatever they might be. Seeming and being aren't the same to me. They would just be able to take on the appearance of old pets I used to have before I tamed those three new ones that can look like them all...

Wait....
Where did the old pets go?
Did....
Did the skin-walker pets eat them????
Shapeshifty skinwalkers and a suspiciously empty stable. Could be interesting RP, if nothing else.

(sorry, that's just where my mind went with it lol)