8.0 Unobtainables and Bugged Pets

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

8.0 Unobtainables and Bugged Pets

Unread post by Zelhashan »

Just thought I'd start a threat pertaining to any pets going away in Patch 8.0 or any pets that need to be tamed quickly in 8.0 before any changes occur?

Anyone have any info?
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: 8.0 Unobtainables and Bugged Pets

Unread post by Teigan »

I guess tame Fenryr now if you haven't. The artifacts being OP is probably helpful. I don't know of any current glitch tames though, or anything going away.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nothing will be going away. Fenryr will still be obtainable after Legion and should be much easier to get.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

True, at 120 he'll be a cakewalk. I was thinking more specifically if a person wants to get him during Legion for the feeling of having done it while it was the current expansion, then doing it before Tuesday would be best.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place but after logging onto the game today, post 8.0 patch, I noticed that my Chasm Stalker (warpstalker) pet is now olive green with blue stripes instead of blue with red stripes. I remember this particular beast once being a color-swapper before it was permanently changed to blue. His appearance on Blizzard's site had been broken for years as well, as he always showed up in the stables wearing the olive green skin despite being blue in the game.

Could this be a bug and I should wait it out or do you think this change was intentional?

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It could be a bug. You could try reporting it and see if any changes are made.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Luckily there are other beasts that have the blue skin available so I'm not too worried about whether I'll be getting my baby back to his normal ol' self. It just took me by surprise because I had not heard a word about any warpstalker bugs/changes from Wain or BfA beta testers beforehand. Felt like I should get the word out there in case anyone else was affected by this. If it is an intentional change made by Blizzard though then Wain will see this and can make the necessary updates to the NPC's notes on Petopia.

Edit: Ok so after I made this post, I decided to hop on the game and recheck the Chasm Stalkers in the Abyssal Depths of Vashj'ir. All of them were blue. I tamed one and sure enough it retained its color, even after I dismissed him, recalled him, and did so again through a stable master. Based on this evidence, I believe that since I had one of the original models from way back in Cataclysm, it may have retained an older ID from the ones we see in the game today. Maybe, maybe not, it's just an assumption. In any case, my problem has been solved and I now have my blue warpstalker back!

Although, come to think of it, I do have a Son of Hakkar (retired red windserpent from the original version of the Zul'Gurub instance) on another hunter and it was updated with the patch so my assumption probably doesn't have any merit and this was all just a really weird bug after all.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising