Hati confirmed in later date

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tammo
Realm: Blade's-Edge EU

Hati confirmed in later date

Unread post by Tammo »

https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/1019990936665841664

Steve Danuser, Senior Narrative Designer on World of Warcraft at Blizzard. confirmed on twitter: Don't worry. You'll see Hati again. Just give it a bit of time.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Hati confirmed in later date

Unread post by Teigan »

This is good to hear :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is great news! It also confirms that there isn't anything to find atm :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In today's Q and A, Ion talked a little bit about Hati. There are no concrete plans, but we will see him again.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Feels like the hunters again got listened to. We asked for another pet option to replace our beloved storm mutt when we found he was going away at the time we thought forever what did we get animal companion which by the way is a cool talent I really like it no Hati but for a replacement it does real good.

Now we find our beloved mutt is still going to be alive somehow, somewhere I am hoping it will be like Gara where we have a quest chain to find and tame our mutt I do know once I find his butt he will be reunited with Skoll as animal companion to roam BFA kicking butt and taking names.
Last edited by Iowawolf on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Iowawolf wrote:Feels like the hunters again got another victory against Blizzard and they actually listened to us.

I wouldn't call it a victory against Blizzard. They aren't the enemy and I know it's easy to think they don't listen and thus to feel resentment, but, they are the people that make the world we're all so passionate about. So, not a victory. An example of the fans' feedback being heard might be a better way to look at this, for their sake and ours. As a youtuber I like pointed out recently, when was the last time you ran up to someone that was cursing you out, calling you every name in the book, saying you ruined their lives, and gave them a big hug and told them you loved them? That's not how people work. We should treat them with respect and hope that they do the same. Anything else is toxic and leads to neither side listening to the other.

*gets off soapbox*

I'm really excited about the prospects of him being a secret to solve! I've been thinking over possible ways he could be hidden, stories that might make sense for him, etc, etc. I really hope that it is done in the way of Gara or even the Lucid Nightmare! He is a fine beast and deserves a good chase. But I do hope that he is ultimately in the Storm Peaks, so that in my head, my boys can be forever hunting wooly rhinos in the snow :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

That is a good point and yeah at times as a hunter I did feel they were the enemy but in a sense now they really are listening to our feedback and how much we loved and wanted to keep our annoying pain in the ass at times storm mutt I do want to give them a hug and say thank you.

Thank you for animal companion allowing us hunters who wanted the two pet spec again to choose it as a talent there by allowing anyone not liking Hati to stay one pet and thank you for listening to our feedback about Hati.

I am not kissing their butt cause I have had my share of battles with them but this gives me great respect for Blizzard and appreciating them even more.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's assuming that Blizz wasn't planning on doing anything. They may have already had ideas for Hati and just hadn't said anything since there wasn't a single concrete plan yet. Either way, like what Teigan said, Blizz isn't the enemy. They have a ton to deal with on a daily basis, and Hunter pets are a very, very, very small portion of a giant game.
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

Just wait, hati will be turned as BfA's first spirit beast. Hati was exclusive to BM artifact. Blizz won't need to make Hati accessible to all hunters. BM were the only ones that had Hati after all. :D

Hati has 'spirit beast' written all over him.

Lightning surrounding his body like Skoll and Lightning paw.
Glowing features like those of spirit beasts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The campaign for Hati began with this Twitter thread :
https://twitter.com/Quest_the_Line/stat ... 1953701888

While they didn't say specifically, the impression I got was that there were no real plans for Hati at that point. But from the very start Johnny and Steve encouraged us to lobby for him. So, it's definitely not a 'victory over Blizzard', but a victory in showing our support.

While none of us (barring any Blizzard staff we have lurking here :) ) are privy to what goes on within the company, I think it's fair to say that when designers wish to work on a side project, they would need to be able to justify it - probably much more so when new expansion work has begun. So showing broad player support for something is probably really important for the designers to be able to justify it as well. I think we did good in that respect :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

It is impossible for blizzard to make everybody happy, and while I’m not always happy with their decisions or design, I don’t really understand how any hunters who love pets can feel like blizzard is the enemy. They are constantly adding amazing new beasts for us and often listening to feedback on things we really want (pterrodaxes, toads and unicorns!!). And again, they’re not perfect but the folks who are constantly feeling like blizzard is the enemy should maybe think about stuff like this and perhaps ask themselves if they themselves are behaving like brats.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

After reading some of the posts after mine I edited it since you are right in that they do listen to us hunters a lot and have given us so many awesome pets to tame.
Pixiestick
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Pixiestick »

Hopefully Hati comes back T_T I miss my good pupper