Level cap for Spiritbeasts increased again

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shadisar
Realm: Un'Goro

Level cap for Spiritbeasts increased again

Unread post by Shadisar »

You can no longer tame a Spirit Beast at lvl 10. Minimum level is 65 now. So the shale spider in Arathi and the griffon/raptor in the capitols are useless for low lvl hunters. :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Level cap for Spiritbeasts increased again

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yep, this is known. So strange that they made this change :/
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Rather frustrating-this is true for all exotics-so the hunter that could use her SB fox at level 30, can't use it now until she levels up a good deal. *shakes fist*
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Really don't understand this change. It seems pointless. Exotics are a beastmaster's thing. Why put the level back up so high?
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Considering the 1st SB is in a level 30 zone and the 1st Exotic can be found at level 10, I too am very confused about this. One thing I can reason is they needed to fill that spec tab with 6 skills and they took away one too many so they moved Exotic Beasts from 10 to (what was it 68?) because having only 5 things there would make BM off, compared to the other specs. :| :mrgreen:

Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

Rawr, doesn't this change suck. My poor lowbie hunters can't use their exotic beasts, hopefully they fix it and put it back to 10.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Theaden wrote:Rawr, doesn't this change suck. My poor lowbie hunters can't use their exotic beasts, hopefully they fix it and put it back to 10.
It does indeed suck and maybe another way of forcing people to play the other specs like Survival. They could have put AoN at 68 like they did with the other specs' UoL abilities. :| :mrgreen:

Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

Came back to the forums to see how some of the Petopians feel about the change. I don't like it, but I guess I just need to get cracking and level my lowbies.
Shadisar
Realm: Un'Goro

Unread post by Shadisar »

Rawr wrote:Considering the 1st SB is in a level 30 zone and the 1st Exotic can be found at level 10, I too am very confused about this. One thing I can reason is they needed to fill that spec tab with 6 skills and they took away one too many so they moved Exotic Beasts from 10 to (what was it 68?) because having only 5 things there would make BM off, compared to the other specs. :| :mrgreen:
The first Spiritbeasts are in Orgrimmar and Stormwind and could be tamed at lvl 10 after choosing BM spec, if a 110 Hunter triggered them for you. I actually triggered the raptor and logged to a low lvl hunter to tame it, it was up long enough to allow that.

I am not on social media but maybe someone could ask Blizz?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I believe it was brought up on the beta forums a couple months or so ago. To my knowledge, there hasn't been an answer.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's a sad change :( They've done a lot of backpedalling on older QoL changes lately - things that were made to make the game friendlier or more enjoyable to play. Viewed in isolation, no single change is really that earth-shattering, but they add up, and I don't understand why the management aren't more concerned about the impression that conveys.

Because, as a business, nothing conveys a stronger impression of "we don't really know what we're doing" than making a lot of changes and then reversing them. Even if the reversals are better for the game long term, it's very hard to backpedal on even a few things, let alone a lot. The other impression that it's giving is one of desperation. When you go out of your way to remove even the pettiest of niceties - like being able to find quest groups easily for non-elite world quests - it gives the impression that you're really scrounging to make existing game play take longer. Whether that impression is right or wrong, it's what they're conveying and they're doing nothing to allay that. Perhaps they really are out of money for more game designers, in which case I'd understand the need, though they can clearly afford to hire authors-in-residence, which I would consider a luxury for a game developer so maybe they're not doing too badly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Whaaaat the heckie! I don't like this one bit! What the heck was the point? Why are they undoing all the QoL changes?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

The only thing I can think of as to why they moved it back to level 65 is the Animal Companion talent at level 15.

It's possible they thought that people would be far more excited to run around with two pets than with exotic ones at earlier levels, especially new players who might not fully understand the differences between normal and exotic pets, if at all. And with Dire Beast as a choice on that same tier too might have helped to solidify their decision.

On a somewhat related note, all the glyphs that affect Dire Beast have to be bought again, since the new version of the skill is a talent. I honestly don't know the inner workings of programming those skills and talents, but apparently to make sure we don't lose the glyph effects every time we change talents Blizzard decided to make the Dire Beast glyphs applicable on the Exotic Beasts passive. This means that we can't use any of those glyphs at level 25 anymore and have to wait until level 65 to do so. Why didn't they chose Wild Call instead (which is learned at level 20) is beyond me, unless they made that decision early on before deciding to move Exotic Beasts to level 65 and forgot about the glyphs being tied to it.
ImageImage
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wow this is really lame. :(

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shadisar wrote:
Rawr wrote:Considering the 1st SB is in a level 30 zone and the 1st Exotic can be found at level 10, I too am very confused about this. One thing I can reason is they needed to fill that spec tab with 6 skills and they took away one too many so they moved Exotic Beasts from 10 to (what was it 68?) because having only 5 things there would make BM off, compared to the other specs. :| :mrgreen:
The first Spiritbeasts are in Orgrimmar and Stormwind and could be tamed at lvl 10 after choosing BM spec, if a 110 Hunter triggered them for you. I actually triggered the raptor and logged to a low lvl hunter to tame it, it was up long enough to allow that.

I am not on social media but maybe someone could ask Blizz?
I asked the devs on Twitter last week and got no response, I plan to bump and ask again this week.

Frankly it kinda peeved me off that my Draenei alt tamed a Spirit Beast at level 20 in patch 7.3.5, and now is being told "you cannot summon an exotic pet" in 8.0 when that was even her *active pet*. Sorry, but its a bad change and since Blizz has repeatedly asked for us to politely provide feedback on things that 'feel bad', I'm gonna do it. :cry:

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Blizzard just looking for more ways to time-gate content to keep player in the game. Want that cool ghostly pet well keep grinding, we also nerfed the amount of exp just to slow it down.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Friggen hate this change, and I really hope they change it back. You have an entire spec that people basically go into that spec usually for exotics and to once again they nerf it. And to top it off they made leveling HELL again. It sucked before now it just sucks worse. Kinda makes me wonder why I subscribed.. sigh.. I want my lightning paw T.T