War of the Thorns annoyances

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: War of the Thorns annoyances

Unread post by Aleu »

Iowawolf wrote:Nomi did it I have inside sources saying so. :mrgreen:
Now that's something I completely believe. :lol:

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Aleu wrote:
I found this.

Attachments
nomi.png
nomi.png (923.46 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Makes sense, he does burn everything............. :| :mrgreen:

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok, so I'm not thrilled with the Horde, gotta say. I don't have many Horde characters, and only one that I intend to level and am doing the War of Thorns stuff on. And I'm glad of that. I'm not comfortable with what Sylvanas is asking me to do in those quests. And, I just killed a Darnassian Scout who asked "Why are the birds so quiet?" as she died. My character may be a rogue, but that was a dagger through the heart.

....and that was the moment Yelan realized she had chosen incorrectly that day on the Wandering Isle....

I might have enough gold hoarded somewhere to buy tokens for a faction change, which I had intended to do anyway, but I'm feeling more inspired towards that end now.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Teigan wrote:
Aleu wrote:
I found this.

Pffft this made my night. XD

Anywho, after playing both sides of this, I gotta say. If Blizz is trying to make the Horde 'morally gray', then they're doing it oh so wrong. None of what Sylvanas asked me to do was 'morally gray'. It was outright aggressive and just....mrf. None of my hordies would agree to this and if they are doing this, then.....it's only to play ball so they don't get their butts murdered.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Teigan wrote:Sylvanas literally want Horde players to make the forest cry. That's an actual quest.
Honorable Saurfang is suggesting this as well, btw ;)

Nathanos: A wall of wisps? Surely it is nothing our dark rangers and a few demolishers cannot overcome, my lady.
Sylvanas: The scouting party I led to Malfurion underestimated the wisps. They paid the price for doing so.
Sylvanas: We cannot destroy the wisps... not in numbers enough to matter. But we may be able to disperse them.
Saurfang: Interesting. The wisps respond to Malfurion's call. But what if more of the forest were to cry out for help?
Sylvanas: Precisely what I was thinking. Champion, would you be so kind as to test our theory?

I dunno, I think all the "omaigad Azeroth's in peril, let's unite!" and class homogenization (all druids = Cenarion druids, all shaman = Earthen Ring, no Mage organization in the Horde, no big name racial organizations running for many classes) has finally come to bite WoW in the ass. I cannot wait for Zandalari, to reroll my poor cow and throw off Cenarius' shackles - never again will she have anything to do with Malfurion or Night Elves... until the war is over and Azeroth's in peril again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote: I found this.
That's brilliant :lol: I think we've found the true cause.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Teldrassil was Staghelm's tree. And he ended up founding the druids of the flame. Maybe there's an "in case of invasion, activate this idol" in Darnasus that nobody realizes what it does. Or maybe they do know, and decide its necessary. The Grizzly Hills world tree was destroyed because it was corrupted by Old Gods, maybe someone decides its better to destroy Teldrassil with its potential for recorruption than to let Sylvanas get it.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

@Shelassa
While that is true, I think he's just playing ball for the time being. Considering the Legion ending cinematic, he and Baine so not trust Sylvannas or Gallywix.

LisaaraPokefarm

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Xota wrote:Teldrassil was Staghelm's tree. And he ended up founding the druids of the flame. Maybe there's an "in case of invasion, activate this idol" in Darnasus that nobody realizes what it does. Or maybe they do know, and decide its necessary. The Grizzly Hills world tree was destroyed because it was corrupted by Old Gods, maybe someone decides its better to destroy Teldrassil with its potential for recorruption than to let Sylvanas get it.

I'm not sorry.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

@Thwip
Pffft! Mimron did yell at us for pressing the big red button.

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I only have one max level Horde right now and ohhh boy doing those quests with that toon was so out of character. My poor Pally is a fair, neutral good family man who basically came out of retirement to help the Paladin order fight the Legion so assassinating all those elves went against everything he stood for. Idk if the quests are open to lower level toons but I should have taken one of my locks instead. :?

Sylvanas's whole reasoning behind this was frustratingly flimsy to me. Everyone knows Anduin wanted peace so pulling a fast one on the Night Elf capitol, even if she dose not actually want to burn the tree, still seems like needless aggression. Tree aside, she is more than happy to start a war out of left field and kill Malfurion, who is not only an important figure to the night elves but also an important neutral leader among druids as a whole. Killing him for the dramatic effect would be like Anduin going after Thrall for similar reasons.
Who knows what happens to Teldrassil- but I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvanas fails in either her attempts at occupation, or fails in killing Malfurion and decides to burn the tree instead in a declaration of: "if I can't have it, no one can."

Personally I'm just waiting for the "surprise! the old gods were behind it the whoollee time!" twist because this isint making any sense. My personal guess is that Azurite corrupts anyone who touches it and now we are all infected.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Kinda feel like Old God machinations will be a tired and overused "twist" by the end of BFA. I think you're right that Blizz is going to make liberal use of it, and I'm bored of the idea and it hasn't even gotten into full swing yet. So much for any character development, etc when it's all just Old God corruption.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Tazza is loving this. Strategically, it makes sense to him, even if he is completely distrustful of Sylvanas. Kick the Alliance out and keep them as far away as possible from the largest source of Azerite while also finishing what Garrosh started and fully securing Kalimdor for the Horde.

The Horde in Durotar is usually in dire enough straits as it is, marching out of that desert takes pressure off those living in Orgrimmar and allows us to acquire resources it would normally have trouble getting. Also don't forget, tauren have a warrior culture of their own, perhaps not as pronounced or as violent as the orcs', but there are certainly a number of tauren who would be okay with this sort of thing. Druids are kinda screwed, but I always felt like they'd choose their faction over neutrality if it really came down to it.

Also, can we really afford to say "no" to Sylvanas right now? Baine and Saurfang are perfectly capable of it, but it would be a bad move. Sylvanas is making a smart power play here, I think. Splitting the Horde with internal strife and potentially civil war (because 99.99% of Forsaken would rally behind Sylvanas without a doubt) would just make them vulnerable to getting cut apart and destroyed by the Alliance.

Sylvanas starts a war that forces the Horde to go all-in with her or risk extermination, if she gets some big victories under her belt (which she already has after Legion) she'll garner more support from the "core" races and cement herself as Warchief, further distancing herself from that which she fears most - death. Sylvanas has seen what awaits the undead in the afterlife, and she is hellbent on keeping herself from suffering that fate.

So yeah, a lot of the Horde probably isn't cool with it, but I'd say that the majority is either neutral or in support of it, and no matter how they feel, their Warchief is their Warchief. Even Nazgrim sided with Garrosh despite his personal feelings because it was his duty.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Resources aren't even a big problem for the Horde. The treaty at the end of MoP specifically gave Azshara to the Horde so that they would have plenty of lumber and would not need to continue to deforest Ashenvale.

If the Horde and the Forsaken knew the truth about what Sylvanas has been up to, the majority of them would not side with her. Baine and Saurfang are the most recent individuals that have expressed a strong dislike for Sylvanas and her politics. Lor'themar has also expressed as much, and even threatened to kill Sylvanas at one point. Rokhan, whom is acting as pseudo-leader of the Darkspears, has also expressed distrust towards Sylvanas. If they all just chose not to follow her and rebel, she probably wouldn't be able to last very long.

A huge complaint by the Horde playerbase is that the Horde are fighting this war for no reason. There is basically no motivation for them to fight the Alliance. Stormheim isn't mentioned at all in BtS or in BfA, nor is the killing of Goblin miners. The only reason they are tearing their way through Ashenvale And Darkshore is because Sylvanas is assuming that the Alliance will use Azerite to create weapons, just like she is, even though they had no intention of doing so until she started to utilize them. And even though it was mostly just Sylvanas that had evil intent, the rest of the Horde will be dragged down with her (which is more of a issue with Blizz's writing than anything else).

Specifically regarding the Forsaken, they are being forced by Sylvanas to adopt new names and have to give up all of their possessions from when they were alive to be destroyed. She then outright lied to them regarding the events of Arathi so that they would continue to support her; knowing that if they knew what actually happened, that they might attempt to overthrow her.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SylviaDragon wrote: Who knows what happens to Teldrassil- but I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvanas fails in either her attempts at occupation, or fails in killing Malfurion and decides to burn the tree instead in a declaration of: "if I can't have it, no one can."
This seems the most logical thing tbh. But man this quest hurt my druids heart I can tell you...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I've done both sides and I think I enjoyed the Horde side more. I really did not like that Night elf lady's voice. Her accent I don't think fit her character.

Also I saw this on Tumblr and it made me giggle
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I actually don't mind Malfurion but atleast we get a kick ass mount after part two. That Hippogryph is fabulous <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

cowmuflage wrote:I've done both sides and I think I enjoyed the Horde side more. I really did not like that Night elf lady's voice. Her accent I don't think fit her character.

Can someone just pencil in "And Tyraaaaande" on that there meme?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Teigan wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I've done both sides and I think I enjoyed the Horde side more. I really did not like that Night elf lady's voice. Her accent I don't think fit her character.

Can someone just pencil in "And Tyraaaaande" on that there meme?
*pencils it in* Kill them off plz.

LisaaraPokefarm