BfA Pet Bug List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: BfA Pet Bug List

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I left for a bit, but I just tried that. Nothing changed sadly. Still no pet that I objectively did tame.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Although reported on Wowhead, I happened upon this thanks to Thwip in the Shadowlands thread; Anzu is now properly tameable. Problem is, taming it causes the loot it would've dropped to be mailed to you. A user on wowhead has said "There is one thing to know: The postmaster sent loot from Anzu's loot-table via ingame-mail. Twice! I did loot Anzu when I killed him after two tames, so without a doubt, that was additional loot that should have not been awarded.", which had me concerned right away. I put in a bug report, followed by a ticket asking a GM to remove the postmaster mail I got from taming Anzu. As much of a headache as it is, taming Blaithe is exploit-free right now while Anzu can literally be exploited for infinite loot by taming, abandoning, and repeating.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:55 am Although reported on Wowhead, I happened upon this thanks to Thwip in the Shadowlands thread; Anzu is now properly tameable. Problem is, taming it causes the loot it would've dropped to be mailed to you. A user on wowhead has said "There is one thing to know: The postmaster sent loot from Anzu's loot-table via ingame-mail. Twice! I did loot Anzu when I killed him after two tames, so without a doubt, that was additional loot that should have not been awarded.", which had me concerned right away. I put in a bug report, followed by a ticket asking a GM to remove the postmaster mail I got from taming Anzu. As much of a headache as it is, taming Blaithe is exploit-free right now while Anzu can literally be exploited for infinite loot by taming, abandoning, and repeating.
That sounds like trouble. If you've already reported it I won't bother saying anything. Since it's an exploit they should address it quickly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Got an update on that Anzu item bug, albeit a few days after I submitted the ticket. Attached is their response. So, the loot from taming it is fine to keep, so long as you don't go crazy and keep killing Anzu after taming it. I forgot to ask what their response would be assuming the hunter wanted to tame two Anzus (assuming they have no help in getting a Blaithe), so I'm just gonna say one Anzu a week if a hunter wants two.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (18.02 KiB) Viewed 15320 times
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

So far, I've tried LFR and Normal Throne of Thunder, but the yellow/orange/gold/whatever shale worms are not tameable. I am in BM, I have no pet out and I have open stable slots. The error message tells me the creature is not tameable, despite the skin page here saying they are.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101820_194434.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101820_194434.jpg (237.56 KiB) Viewed 8664 times