BfA Pet Bug List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: BfA Pet Bug List

Unread post by Wain »

Aleu wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:13 am Dunno if anyone else has reported it, but Anzu is still unable to be tamed despite being flagged as so.
Thanks, yeah, we've kept checking him to hopefully catch when he's fixed :)

He wasn't on this list though, so thanks for reminding me. Added now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rukhmar and Rukhran both seem fine on the login screen now. Their scaling seems to be fixed. I'm not yet sure about the "stand back to attack" behaviour that some dread ravens have been reported to be exhibiting.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Is there any word on why the red aqir flying bug I tamed is now (still) blue? :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dewclaw wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 am Is there any word on why the red aqir flying bug I tamed is now (still) blue? :(
No, sorry :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dialga wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 pm Although most toads are an okay size, Bufo and Marsh Gulpers are still incorrectly sized on both live and PTR as being teensy-tiny along with the Direhorns from Isle of Giants. Theorized to be because of model sharing between Hex/Polymorph: Direhorn and the game thinking hunter pets having these models = they are under the respective spell even though they aren't, and sizes them down.
Which direhorns do you think are too small? I tried most of the ones on the Isle of Giants and they seemed a reasonable pet size (as a tauren they came close to my shoulder).

I confirmed the toads, though. They're comically tiny!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, is anyone able to tame those fel ravens that circle the outside of Hellfire CItadel? They're too quick for me. I just wanted to check if the reported scaling issues (in game or login screen) are fixed. Others seem to be.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

I went ahead and checked Wain, I got lucky after many attempts and nabbed one. After taming I completely exited the game, and started it back up, he is huge on the character select screen, as well my fel raven from inside hellfire cit. is still big as well on the character select screen. I also had them attack a training dummy, they still stand very far back and the stomp ability does not hit.

Pic 1: Is a Fel Raven from outside the raid that circles Hellfire Citadel, he never even left my side and I was standing far back from the dummy. So all stomps missed

Pic 2: Is the Fel Raven from inside Hellfire Citadel - all stomps missed
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020720_150113.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020720_150113.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 21905 times
WoWScrnShot_020720_150050.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020720_150050.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 21905 times
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Siliverin wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:00 pm I went ahead and checked Wain, I got lucky after many attempts and nabbed one. After taming I completely exited the game, and started it back up, he is huge on the character select screen, as well my fel raven from inside hellfire cit. is still big as well on the character select screen. I also had them attack a training dummy, they still stand very far back and the stomp ability does not hit.
Thanks for checking! :) How did you even tame one of those outside ones?

I've tested the ones from inside the citadel (both) and neither looked huge on the loading screen for me. I didn't test combat too much but it felt like they were running in.

If you empty the game cache are they still showing these bugs? Maybe it's just that.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

I landed on one of the buildings, one of the birds flies low enough to be in range but I had to lust a bit before he flew by and then spammed tame pet until he was in range and it went off. Trust me I raged a bit while doing this lol. I have cleared my cache and when i start WoW back up they are still huge on the loading screen. Tried combat as well on the training dummy after clearing cache, they " run in" but only a little and still keep such a great distance stomp does not hit the target. This SS is right after a clear cache
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020720_180446.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020720_180446.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 21884 times
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I imagine yall are aware of this but i saw the primary bug thread was closed and my searches came up empty. When used as the second BM Animal Companion, Blaithe is a floaty boi. (Ruhkran and the Legion rocs are also floaty.)

But whats worse is that he will fly up to fight airborne enemies. See my flightless scalehide beneath him trying his best. I also found a perch that was high and sent him after one of the Great Worms from Beyond, though their path is so large, pet would despawn.

This feels not good, so into the stable they go for now.

Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

Quiv wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:04 pm I imagine yall are aware of this but i saw the primary bug thread was closed and my searches came up empty. When used as the second BM Animal Companion, Blaithe is a floaty boi. (Ruhkran and the Legion rocs are also floaty.)

But whats worse is that he will fly up to fight airborne enemies. See my flightless scalehide beneath him trying his best. I also found a perch that was high and sent him after one of the Great Worms from Beyond, though their path is so large, pet would despawn.

This feels not good, so into the stable they go for now.

That is a known bug or a feature? every flying beast which is airborne in the world is airborne as an animal companion. Blaithe just looks stupid because hes got just a swimming animation.
tame a legion roc thats sitting on the ground and you see the effect.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its definitely two issues that I can tell. The first issue of animation is minor, but any pet that has a proper ground/walking animation should use that even as animal companion. The rocs are a great example. As the primary pet, they use the ground/walking animation. As companion, they are use flying animation. Its odd that it doesnt affect every pet that has both sets of animations. Legion hippogryphs are affected, but the wolfhawks arent. Obviously this doesnt apply to things like moths that dont have a ground animation. So yeah its minor, but I find it annoying :lol:

The second issue is worse though. The floaty pets arent grounded, they can actually fly and I can't imagine that is suddenly intended. This is different compared to a moth or bird of prey, while they use the flying animation, they are firmly grounded and must follow ground pathing rules. These floaty bois break all the pathing rules.

As long as its known is all I'm concerned about. My floaty/swimmy Blaithe will stay stabled for now.
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

The animation thing should be known by the petopians.
For example - the isle of giants - the pterrorwing skyscreamer
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... actyl_blue
Two different ID's. As the main pet both skyscreamers are on the ground. But as the companion one is one the ground and one flies.

That some pets fly towards their target should be known since... wotlk if i recall correctly. Some flying bat was the first pet with that behaviour.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It has happened before, but it generally is fixed quickly since it is not intended behavior.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

I didn't see it in the list so thought I'd post it here.

The starter pet for a Dark Iron Dwarf when selecting a hunter is not the same as the one you actually get with the ember effect on the mane.

What you see in character creation: -

What you actually get: -
(Doesn't do it justice!)

Don't get me wrong - I don't want the darkhound2_red as the starter pet ;)
Last edited by Darknez on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Darknez wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 am I didn't see it in the list so thought I'd post it here.

The starter pet for a Dark Iron Dwarf when selecting a hunter is not the same as the one you actually get with the ember effect on the mane.
What you see in character creation: - darkhound2_red
What you actually get: - darkhound2_fiery (Doesn't do it justice!)

Don't get me wrong - I don't want the darkhound2_red as the starter pet ;)
That is odd! At least it's not that way in game, but Blizzard should be made aware of the glitch. From memory the Mechagnome starter pet was also showing the wrong colour at selection. I must go check if that's fixed now.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Flying pet bug now extends to primary pets, at least for my tamed Ji-kun. I'm not using Animal Companion right now, and my Ji-Kun has flown after flying targets such as Nalak when I attack them.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Wain wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:56 pm
Dialga wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 pm Although most toads are an okay size, Bufo and Marsh Gulpers are still incorrectly sized on both live and PTR as being teensy-tiny along with the Direhorns from Isle of Giants. Theorized to be because of model sharing between Hex/Polymorph: Direhorn and the game thinking hunter pets having these models = they are under the respective spell even though they aren't, and sizes them down.
Which direhorns do you think are too small? I tried most of the ones on the Isle of Giants and they seemed a reasonable pet size (as a tauren they came close to my shoulder).

I confirmed the toads, though. They're comically tiny!
Oh the Direhorns aren't tameable anymore, these were the ones that got grandfathered many years ago. It's just the same model bug.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Finally had the chance to tame Rusan since nobody was there to AoE nuke it down for once. Rusan despawned when tamed, rather than actually being tamed. I had four empty pet spots, and still had four after taming Rusan. Relogging didn't make it magically appear, either, and I couldn't get another chance because people showed up and nuked it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:12 pm Finally had the chance to tame Rusan since nobody was there to AoE nuke it down for once. Rusan despawned when tamed, rather than actually being tamed. I had four empty pet spots, and still had four after taming Rusan. Relogging didn't make it magically appear, either, and I couldn't get another chance because people showed up and nuked it.
Odd! Try deleting your cache and logging back in?