BfA Pet Bug List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: BfA Pet Bug List

Unread post by Dialga »

Bufo and Stunted Direhorns are still bugged size-wise; both from the issues with Hex and Polymorph: Direhorn affecting hunter pets that aren't actually hex'd or Polymorphed.
Last edited by Dialga on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

1. Pets call themselves out after being dismissed with these steps;
- Dismiss pet
- Mount up
- Ride around for any duration, or just dismount right away
- Pet is called out despite Call Pet not being used
- Optional; stable the pet prior to dismounting
- Receive "You do not have a pet to summon" pops up on dismount

Fixed

2. Pets in the stables come out with random health percentage. For example, pets I tamed and put away without using come back out with like 20% health, 85%, 90, etc. Not sure why.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Recently had an issue where if I was mounted and jumped onto someone using the Sandstone Drake my pet would become attached to whoever is the sandstone drake (flying next to it) and even after dismounting. It literally sticks by their side as if it was their hunter pet despite their class. It can cause issues if whoever it's attached to runs out of melee range of the mob then your pet can't reach it. Pet also ignores all commands despite bestial wrath. The bug fixes if you dismiss and re-summon though.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Here's a fun thing I noticed by accident; crocolisk legs are broken. Made a short video of it in action.

http://www.webmshare.com/play/v95Kd
Goraan
Realm: Baelgun/Doomhammer

Unread post by Goraan »

I have a bug but i getting told this is not a bug but a new feature for 8.1.5.. I been seeing some Hunter pets with their pre name still after tamed.. i saw Maia the White, Bloodstalker Alpha and Bilefang Mother so far. Is there a list of which Legion/BFA rares or non rare pets yet? Thanks
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

Try the pets from this list.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/browse.php?id=rare
If one is not working - that would be a bug.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GAJones4221 wrote:I'm not sure if this falls under bug or glitch but "Osca the Bloodied" his model isn't displaying the arrows stuck in him correctly, they now float by his face. I went to his tame location and did a re tame to make sure it wasn't just my pet glitching out. It's not. See for yourself
Osca seems to be fixed, or at least I couldn't get his arrows to behave weirdly, BUT some of his arrows are in different places to before, like he now has an arrow through his right leg as well as his left and two in his back instead of three. I tried killing and dismissing him and none of the arrows started floating weirdly.

Attachments
OscaNew1.png
OscaNew1.png (476.99 KiB) Viewed 19713 times
OscaNew2.png
OscaNew2.png (426.82 KiB) Viewed 19713 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

I think it does not go here but I do not know where to put it, so I'm sorry if it's not the right place.
And how to always ask for forgiveness for using an English as an automatic translator.
Valariel wrote:Try the pets from this list.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/browse.php?id=rare
If one is not working - that would be a bug.
From Valariel's list, Reassigned Warbeast, does not keep the name, I went to tame it yesterday, and it does not mark it as rare (only as elite), and when tamed it happens to have the generic name of the family.

I'm sure it's the right one (I have the original that was removed when Tanaan was opened) and I thought about going for this one by the special name, but it does not keep it, I think it's because it's not marked as rare, despite being a rare respawn of an elite.

Edit: And apart from that list missing another rare nail, Giantbane
Goraan
Realm: Baelgun/Doomhammer

Unread post by Goraan »

Ty very much.. I just thought it was a bug, turns out that it is a new feature not listed in the patch notes. I just tamed Spirocula on my alliance hunter, the npcs name is still kept.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Marsh Gulpers, Bufo and Stunted Direhorns are still bugged in 8.2 from being incorrectly tied into the Hex/Polymorph: Direhorn spells and thus cause said tamed hunter pets that use the Hex/Direhorn models to shrink down to Hex size, which makes them almost unseeable in size.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I went to Isle of Giant with my level 120 Vulpera Hunter to get the tome to learn how to tame Direhorns, but when I tried to use it the cast ended with an error message saying that the tome wasn’t for my character. So I went up to a Direhorn to tame it to see if Vulpera had the skill baseline like Zandalari Trolls. I got an error message saying I didn’t know how to tame them.

Just in case I switched to my level 120 Mechagnome Hunter to try it out too. Same result, can’t learn the skill and can’t tame Direhorns either. Both could learn to tame Feathermanes though, so my guess is that the Direhorn tome was forgotten and both new races weren’t added to it.

Earlier today during lunch break I made a post on the Bug Report forums, same text as above, I just copy & pasted it here to let Wain know.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... rns/417642
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the report! I’ll tweet about it :)
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

There was a mini patch today, not after the maintenance but later during the day, that made some hotfixes, one of them correcting this issue!
  • Vulpera and mechagnomes can now read the Ancient Tome of Dinomancy.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome thanks for letting us know :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm just updating this list. Could everyone please take a look at the list at the start of this thread and note if there's anything to add, or if anything there has been fixed? Thanks! :)
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Although most toads are an okay size, Bufo and Marsh Gulpers are still incorrectly sized on both live and PTR as being teensy-tiny along with the Direhorns from Isle of Giants. Theorized to be because of model sharing between Hex/Polymorph: Direhorn and the game thinking hunter pets having these models = they are under the respective spell even though they aren't, and sizes them down.

The Twilight Prowler is also a wolf with a cat model, though only available in the Vulpera unlock quest.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aha! Thanks!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mechagnome hunter pets still show up as the blue colour variant on character creation screens, but after entering game they change to the correct gold.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:29 pm Mechagnome hunter pets still show up as the blue colour variant on character creation screens, but after entering game they change to the correct gold.
Added. Thanks! Odd, I wonder where it's still getting that blue info from.

I'm going to merge the 8.3 bugs into this post now. Now most of the 8.3 stuff is sorted it's silly running two posts.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Dunno if anyone else has reported it, but Anzu is still unable to be tamed despite being flagged as so.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}