8.1 General Discussion

For discussion of the current expansion - pets, mounts, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Bowno
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 am
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Bowno » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:24 pm

I'm sure Megatork will get some love soon.

Siggy under construction!


User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Castile » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Not really 8.1 but anyway - so last night I discovered the warfront 370 is a "everytime" thing and not just a once off. I was...surprised to say the least. It seems pretty early on for welfare heroic epics for doing a scenario that you can't really loose. So ok free 370 everytime the flip occurs BUT the scaling for dailies azurite cache's still isn't right! This is really frustrating.

From what I understand you need an average ilvl of 370 to get a 370...that seems wrong. My ilvl is 362 and I'm getting 355 gear (which for the most part is going to be useless) like why? You give us a free 370 (with a minimum of 330 to enter the scenario) which is a good reward but give us shitty rewards for doing dailies (that are more of a grind sometimes). I dunno am I the only one that's confused by that logic?

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 pm

There are a lot of things that aren't making sense concerning BfA and how a variety of systems work, unfortunately, and the most recent Q&A further proved that.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Blood Elf Heritage Armor

Male

Image

Female

Image

New model for Gelbin

Image

User avatar
Teigan
 
Posts: 5153
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Teigan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Castile wrote:Not really 8.1 but anyway - so last night I discovered the warfront 370 is a "everytime" thing and not just a once off. I was...surprised to say the least. It seems pretty early on for welfare heroic epics for doing a scenario that you can't really loose. So ok free 370 everytime the flip occurs BUT the scaling for dailies azurite cache's still isn't right! This is really frustrating.

From what I understand you need an average ilvl of 370 to get a 370...that seems wrong. My ilvl is 362 and I'm getting 355 gear (which for the most part is going to be useless) like why? You give us a free 370 (with a minimum of 330 to enter the scenario) which is a good reward but give us shitty rewards for doing dailies (that are more of a grind sometimes). I dunno am I the only one that's confused by that logic?
No, it's bizarre at best. And the warfronts are so protracted and convoluted I don't even bother paying attention to what stage they are at at this point. Which...doesn't bode well for the rest of the expansion.

Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am
Realm: Zenedar

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Keilden » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:14 am


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:06 am


User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Castile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:17 pm

I so love that Heritage armour for blood elves but mine was a boost so he's only honoured - is old wrath dungeons with the tabard the best way for rep you think? I have most of the mounts so there's no motivation except maybe transmog lol

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11922
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by cowmuflage » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:18 pm

I'd say so yeah. Can you still donate cloth for rep?

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm

cowmuflage wrote:I'd say so yeah. Can you still donate cloth for rep?
I don't think so. Doing old quests in the first couple of zones (Eversong, Ghostlands) and wearing the tabard and running dungeons are the best options.

User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Rikaku » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Yeah I think Wowhead did some rep guide a month or so ago. I think one of the best ways to rep up is to get the tabard for that city and then running Arcatraz (TBC dungeon) repeatedly. Really really fast way. I'll see if I can find the guide again.


Edit:
Here it is, also I was wrong, it was the Mechanar dungeon.
https://www.wowhead.com/guide=3696/amba ... e-in-a-day

Edit 2:
Sorry for all the typos, blasted autocorrect.


User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Castile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Valnaaros wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I'd say so yeah. Can you still donate cloth for rep?
I don't think so. Doing old quests in the first couple of zones (Eversong, Ghostlands) and wearing the tabard and running dungeons are the best options.
Is it only dungeons that is works on? Not raids i'm assuming?

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Castile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Rikaku wrote:Yeah I think Wowhead did some rep guide a month or so ago. I think one of the best ways to rep up is to get the tabard for that city and then running Arcatraz (TBC dungeon) repeatedly. Really really fast way. I'll see if I can find the guide again.


Edit:
Here it is, also I was wrong, it was the Mechanar dungeon.
https://www.wowhead.com/guide=3696/amba ... e-in-a-day

Edit 2:
Sorry for all the typos, blasted autocorrect.
Oh awesome! tyvm :)

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Yeah, only older dungeons.

User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Castile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 pm

Valnaaros wrote:Yeah, only older dungeons.
So BC wrath and cata? Does pandaland count?

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:47 pm

From what I've read everything up to WoD can grant rep, but heroic Wrath dungeons seem to be a good way to go if you don't mind flying to each dungeon. Someone on wowhead reported getting 2-3k per dungeon.

User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Castile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Valnaaros wrote:From what I've read everything up to WoD can grant rep, but heroic Wrath dungeons seem to be a good way to go if you don't mind flying to each dungeon. Someone on wowhead reported getting 2-3k per dungeon.
Oh wow nice - yeah might devote a day to doing all the heroics from BC up then. Thanks everyone! My blood elf pally thanks you :)

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Myzou » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:46 am

Just spam run Halls of Lightning Normal.

That how I got exalted on my dwarf. Got it in about 3 hours.

User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11922
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by cowmuflage » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:17 am

If you don't have that white Hawkstrider it may pay to farm that BC dungeon too.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3845
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:06 pm

A new pet announced for the Blizz store: Whomper

Image

Post Reply