8.1 General Discussion

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.1 General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Still no warlock listed there for Zandalari Trolls, so I guess we will have to wait for an official statement on which is wrong, the panel from BlizzCon or the site. That's if they don't decide to change the site later on to add warlock.
Valnaaros wrote:Zandalari Warlocks and Kul Tiran mages were apart of the official WoW recap yesterday, but have since been removed. Looks like they are not a possible race/class combo.
They posted them as possible combos, but have since removed them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think the updated female worgen face is vast improvement on the old one. But I'm still not fond of her - she's very cutesy and she has big, wet eyes like an anime character - I expect bluebirds to come up and sing to her, or if she was in an anime she'd be stuck in a creepily skimpy schoolgirl outfit. But I suspect the designers feel restricted in how far they can make the new look deviate from the old, and that this is probably about the best they could achieve. If worgen were created from scratch now I suspect the women would have been designed far tougher and stronger than these cutesy puppy models, but that's what were stuck with. Don't get me wrong - I'm not against slender or cute models (I love the vulpera) but I think it was a terrible choice for a werewolf and goes back to a time where the designers seemed to be conflicted on whether to be true to the theme or give female characters bodies like fashion models, and ended up making unholy hybrids that made nobody happy. I think that philosophy is a thing of the past now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

People really want the glowing eye options for female Worgen—any plans to have that customization?

This option is planned, it just wasn’t shown in the presentation.

They would like to interate models even further. They’re happy the permanent scowl on Worgen Females are gone, but the models still have a chihuahua look, and they want more facial customization options.
From here:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288418/...shara-rises-na

But yeah even just from what we saw... I mean.. come on.

Edit:

And male comparison

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Nah, they don't look like chihuahuas anymore. Maybe corgis. Ok, so werecorgis. You know, the Queen has corgis. And the Gileans are all kind of Ye Olde English, so it works. Werecorgis works.

Edit: I googled werecorgis, just to see. I found this. No idea who drew this, but I wanted to share

Attachments
werecorgi.jpg
werecorgi.jpg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote:Nah, they don't look like chihuahuas anymore. Maybe corgis. Ok, so werecorgis. You know, the Queen has corgis. And the Gileans are all kind of Ye Olde English, so it works. Werecorgis works.
:D :lol: Maybe they'll give them a red coat option :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Possibly some interesting new pets/families from Nazjatar :D
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

*redundant and distracted accidental post removal*
:oops:
Last edited by Teigan on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Wain wrote:
Teigan wrote:Nah, they don't look like chihuahuas anymore. Maybe corgis. Ok, so werecorgis. You know, the Queen has corgis. And the Gileans are all kind of Ye Olde English, so it works. Werecorgis works.
:D :lol: Maybe they'll give them a red coat option :)
I'd use it. :D

Ok, someone with better Photoshop skills than I: go forth and recolor the new worgen models to look like corgis!
Valnaaros wrote:Possibly some interesting new pets/families from Nazjatar :D
Do tell?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd play a worgen if they came in corgi colours.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Teigan wrote:Ok, someone with better Photoshop skills than I: go forth and recolor the new worgen models to look like corgis!
Sorry this is shit, I couldnt be assed to plug in my tablet so I slapped it around with my mouse for a little bit instead.

EDIT: Mine also looks nothing like a Corgi. Whoops. Oh well. Im sure someone can do much better lol
Last edited by Bowno on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Siggy under construction!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm sorry but why the fuck are trolls paladins??! Is there some legit lore behind that? Cause they into the voodoo not the light. As someone who plays two of them - Alliance and Horde that makes no sense to me. :S

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Castile wrote:I'm sorry but why the fuck are trolls paladins??! Is there some legit lore behind that? Cause they into the voodoo not the light. As someone who plays two of them - Alliance and Horde that makes no sense to me. :S
Zandalari Prelates have been around since Throne of Thunder, and they seem to draw their powers from the loa themselves. I think it's a flavour twist, similar to Tauren paladins, in essence they play the same but from a lore standpoint the "light" powers come from different sources/beliefs.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prelate#cite_note-2
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Teigan In an interview Ion revealed that there will be new and interesting beasts for Hunters to tame, but he didn't go into details as to what they would be. Still something to look forward to :)
Castile wrote:I'm sorry but why the fuck are trolls paladins??! Is there some legit lore behind that? Cause they into the voodoo not the light. As someone who plays two of them - Alliance and Horde that makes no sense to me. :S
Adding to what Veph said, they've been around since even before ToT. You can see them in both Zul'aman and Zul'gurub, and they use abilities that are similar to Paladin abilities. Within lore, there was a group of them that existed long ago that drew directly upon the Light instead of a Loa. They were labeled as heretics and killed by other Trolls.

Whether they are actually drawing upon the Light or something else isn't entirely clear. Most likely Rezan was a font of the Light and they were able to draw upon that. Tauren originally were drawing upon a different power source but that was changed in Legion (where Aponi refers to the Light and praises it).
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Valnaaros wrote:They posted them as possible combos, but have since removed them.
I saw an interview with Alex Afrasiabi earlier where he said that he was on the side of giving mage to Kul'tirans, but that he wasn't the only one to make the call. There's still hope if he and others can convince the rest of the team to add it before release.

https://youtu.be/8nGnT6WZbeI?t=880
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'd rather it be Loa based then light based. The light is boring at this point imo. It always kind of has been. Mainly because the name "The light" is so unoriginal?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

It's pretty obvious they're setting Vol'jin up to be a Loa. I won't be surprised if they replace Rezan with him in 8.1.5.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Valnaaros wrote:
Whether they are actually drawing upon the Light or something else isn't entirely clear. Most likely Rezan was a font of the Light and they were able to draw upon that. Tauren originally were drawing upon a different power source but that was changed in Legion (where Aponi refers to the Light and praises it).
I really wish they'd stop changing things like that. Like it was unique and another interpretation of the Earthmother and now it's not. It's lame and ruins perfectly good lore imo
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

cowmuflage wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:
I really wish they'd stop changing things like that. Like it was unique and another interpretation of the Earthmother and now it's not. It's lame and ruins perfectly good lore imo
It hasnt been changed though.

They've had Rezan as their source of the Light since Mists. They just never directly named him. Their skills were named things like Light of the Loa and stuff.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm talking about the Tauren and it has. It was based of the sun which is one of the Earthmothers eyes.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

I don't think they changed that.

Aponi joined the Silver Hand, and as such, she started worshipping the Light.

The rest of the Sunwalkers still worship An'she. Aponi ceased being a Sunwalker when she joined the Silver Hand.

It was literally a requirement to join the SIlver Hand that you had to worship the Light. Did you not do the follower quest with the Night Elf?