8.1 Mounts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Re: 8.1 Mounts

Unread post by Niabi »

Rawr wrote:Neat a hippocamus. :D
Image :mrgreen:
Wain wrote:I love the hippocampus! And it's very cool that idea was one of the winners of our mount contest last year - posted by Niabi! :) I wonder if any of other ideas will make it in... swan paddle boat maybe? :D

Omg! I never dreamed that my contest submission would actually make it into the game! This is amazing!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The model of the mount that drops from Jaina has been posted!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Pretty neat but not one I'd be aiming for personally. I would not say no to it dropping still :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated the 8.1 page with the latest data:
https://www.warcraftmounts.com/patch81.php

It looks like at least two of the new nightsaber mounts now have multiple NPC sources, and my guess (from the types of NPCs) is that one will be in the Horde warfront and one the Alliance. The Umber Nightsaber (the dark brownish one) still only has one listed source, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed to match the others.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what I saw in Darkshore, there were some rares that were Friendly to me (Alliance) and others that were hostile. Some rares would be in pairs with one being friendly and the other not.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah. Previously they only had one listed source, so it appears they're cleaning that up. According to Wowhead, the Kaldorei Nightsaber drops from a mob called Shadowclaw (https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=145268/shadowclaw) and if the Wowhead model is still correct it looks like a Broken Isles cat, instead of the model that resembles the mount. If you happen to see it and it looks like that please set a bug note for it :) I didn't see it at the time.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep, I found it earlier. Included it in the mini list on the final page of the Beasts in Battle for Azeroth thread :) I'll add the note that it the model is bugged.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Yep, I found it earlier. Included it in the mini list on the final page of the Beasts in Battle for Azeroth thread :) I'll add the note that it the model is bugged.
Cool :) Thanks. I'll post a bug report on the official forums. It really does look like that model was a placeholder until the new ones were released.