8.1 Story - Spoilers

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.1 Story - Spoilers

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If what he tells you in the Vol'jin questline in 8.1, he has nothing to do with Vol'jin's death or Sylvanas being chosen as Warchief. Further, he hates her for disturbing the balance between life and death/undeath. That doesn't mean that he isn't up to something else; most likely he is, but I don't think he has anything to do with what Sylvanas is doing.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, if anything I imagine he's planning to deal with her, but I don't think he's still a good person. It seems like the original Bolvar personality is mostly gone, though I'm guessing the whole DK story involving the red dragon eggs *was* personal, and part of him now hates them for getting him to where he is.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In the cinematic released today, it is learned that Saurfang believes that Sylvanas will destroy the Horde and everything on Azeroth. He also didn't kill Anduin because he believed that he could stop Sylvanas. Anduin says he can't, but not alone. He then left and didn't close the cell door. He allowed Saurfang to escape.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sylvanas is wielding Xal'atath in 8.2.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

All I know is that we better not get some mechanical Mekkatorque out of this. No desire for Magni part deux, and would rather have just killed off that awful creature in the 8.1 raid than what ended up happening to him.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Either they are going to make him into a Mechagnome and make him king of both Gnome races (since we are killing the Mechagnome king in 8.2), or we need the Mechagnome's advanced tech in order to unfreeze him. Jaina and Anduin both say that the technology that has frozen him is beyond anything that the Alliance has.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

Valnaaros wrote:Either they are going to make him into a Mechagnome and make him king of both Gnome races (since we are killing the Mechagnome king in 8.2), or we need the Mechagnome's advantaged tech in order to unfreeze him. Jaina and Anduin both say that the technology that has frozen him is beyond anything that the Alliance has.

Yeah, I'd rather just to have killed him in 8.1. In a perfect world, he and Gallywix would have just blown each other up in the raid and saved everyone else the trouble of even having them as NPCs.

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Going by a answer to a question asked by Metzen in the Q&A, Thrall will be coming back and Saurfang might be pushing for him to be Warchief again.

Sylvanas is also going to continue to do terrible things. Will be far worse than Garrosh.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Because of course they are going to do that with her >.>
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

cowmuflage wrote:Because of course they are going to do that with her >.>
+1

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Valnaaros wrote:Sylvanas is wielding Xal'atath in 8.2.
She's wielding the prison-dagger, not Xal'atath, as at that point in the story line Xal isn't in the dagger anymore since our character will help in releasing her from it. She looks like a void elf female btw.

My guess is that somewhere down the line Sylvanas could use the dagger to syphon N'Zoth into it. Would she do that for good or for bad I can't say, but since Alex hinted that she would think that Garrosh was an amateur, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to use the dagger with a trapped N'Zoth in it to sow more destruction on Azeroth.
ImageImage
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Sylvanas is wielding Xal'atath in 8.2.
She's wielding the prison-dagger, not Xal'atath, as at that point in the story line Xal isn't in the dagger anymore since our character will help in releasing her from it. She looks like a void elf female btw.

My guess is that somewhere down the line Sylvanas could use the dagger to syphon N'Zoth into it. Would she do that for good or for bad I can't say, but since Alex hinted that she would think that Garrosh was an amateur, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to use the dagger with a trapped N'Zoth in it to sow more destruction on Azeroth.
I'm aware of both :) Xal'atath is the name of the dagger and Xal is the name of the VE/Void Being.

Pretty good chance of that, yeah. I very much doubt that they're going to try and redeem Sylvanas after all she has done/will do, and it would go over terribly if they did try.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm pretty sure it would go over terribly if we have to kill her also. More so if they make it cannon that the Alliance kills her.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

If shes gunna be worse than Garrosh and we had to kill him.. we'll have to kill her or she's gunna be imprisoned for literally FOREVER. Which, with the way shes written.. needs to happen she's committed war crimes and if shes dabbling with old god stuff.. yeah it's time to get rid of that. I mean she'll prob def die but it will prob def be both factions that kill her, the alliance do deserve a fair shot since she tried to extinct a whole race of people and burned their home to the ground so...

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I was thinking more along the lines of lore when I said that. Lore wise if she ahs to die it really should be by Horde hands.

Personally if she does die I'd like it via a cut scene like Garrosh.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

Can't trust Alliance to kill her, they'd just round up all the Forsaken and throw them in Interrment Camps.

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Setanta wrote:Can't trust Alliance to kill her, they'd just round up all the Forsaken and throw them in Interrment Camps.
What? Why would Anduin do that after trying to reunite them with their families?? Even Genn felt sorry for them. My night elf will gladly kill her and let one of the council be in charge of the forsaken.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What? Why would Anduin do that after trying to reunite them with their families?? Even Genn felt sorry for them. My night elf will gladly kill her and let one of the council be in charge of the forsaken.
This. Besides, it has been made clear that the main goal of the Alliance is to remove Sylvanas from power - not wipe out the entire Horde.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think the best way to "kill" Sylvanas without killing her would be to cure her of her undeath: through some powerful one-off magic make her a regular, living high elf again. She'd lose all her banshee power, lose the devotion of her people, become an outcast, and probably be put into shock, without actually killing her.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

That is a pretty good idea honestly.