Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

For discussion of the current expansion - pets, mounts, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 am

Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by pop » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Or do they get broken wings post tame? Must know. I really hate this non-flying flying beasts like Rylaks and Zandalari Pterrowings.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Qraljar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm

I can't say I've tamed one at this point, but my assumption is that - yes, they'll just be walking along the ground.

Unless you pull some trick with Animal Companion. Unless that got fixed in 8.1.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Bowno
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 am
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Bowno » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:00 pm

I havent been on PTR myself, but looking at the model and the ones we can already tame, it looks like they're going to be walking.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule! So we'll have to go out and tame them all!

Siggy under construction!


User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16010
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Vephriel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Nope, they walk.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11843
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Wain » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:07 am

Sadly they walk, like rylaks :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Qraljar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:34 am

Wain wrote:Sadly they walk, like rylaks :(
I know they made some changes to the ability and the mechanics, but does using Animal Companion with a pet that uses flight animations still cause the secondary pet to fly? (if they have flying anims)

I know people used a trick like that.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 am

The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I wish they'd fix the bug that makes your off pet fly (I reported it enough times geh) but I'm using a different talent these days anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go get one, I've wanted it for YEARS.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 am

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by pop » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Nachtwulf wrote:The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I wish they'd fix the bug that makes your off pet fly (I reported it enough times geh) but I'm using a different talent these days anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go get one, I've wanted it for YEARS.
I rather have it fill my screen rather than make it look like it had been paralyzed.

User avatar
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 am

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by pop » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Vephriel wrote:Nope, they walk.
O ty

NVM then, just another pet I would ignore and really don't care for.

User avatar
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood
Gender: Male

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Equeon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:02 pm

pop wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I wish they'd fix the bug that makes your off pet fly (I reported it enough times geh) but I'm using a different talent these days anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go get one, I've wanted it for YEARS.
I rather have it fill my screen rather than make it look like it had been paralyzed.
I think it's not for you as much as it is for everyone else in raid groups ;)

User avatar
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 am

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by pop » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 am

Equeon wrote:
pop wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:The pterrordaxes walk because they're so big, if they're flying, they just cover every damn thing with themselves. Frankly, I hate it, which is why I stopped using two of them at once (which is sad 'cause I love them.)

I wish they'd fix the bug that makes your off pet fly (I reported it enough times geh) but I'm using a different talent these days anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go get one, I've wanted it for YEARS.
I rather have it fill my screen rather than make it look like it had been paralyzed.
I think it's not for you as much as it is for everyone else in raid groups ;)
They aren't that big and everything else fills the screen. Raid bosses are bigger than players and pets are actually smaller, so saying it's for the raid doesn't make sense at all.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Raid and Dungeon bosses aren't always bigger than the players, and there are also adds which can be smaller than the players. If pet size wasn't an issue, then why did Blizz reduce the size of diemetradon's after BfA's launch?

Poppets
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 am
Realm: Twisting Nether -Vashj
Gender: Gril

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Poppets » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 pm

I’ve not tried the dinos but I sometimes run two Rylaks, they can both fly into the air to kill things. Might be interesting with upcoming flight and incursions.

Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 am
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Question about Sky Screamers. Do they fly?

Unread post by Sarynotsorry » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I’ve found that skyscreamers that are perched when you tame them do not fly. Skyscreamers that are flying when you tame them will fly when idle.

Edit: this must have been a temporary bug upon taming; after stabling my new friends and bringing them back out, they no longer fly at all.

Post Reply