Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by evil950510 »

My only other idea that obtaining the tome requires a WQ that only happens rarely, like Lalathin, or it's a rare that spawns during a invasion we have not found.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Secrets are fun and all, and I love puzzles. However, this was something we wanted at launch (or, I did, I'm sure I'm not alone though) and we get a super hidden item with no useful hints as to it's acquisition. =\ I'm sort of disappointed.
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

One avenue is to summon companion pets and listen to there whispers perhaps something there in the line up -like dart ? Or a off the wall concept on the pets ?
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

One avenue is to summon companion pets and listen to there whispers perhaps something there in the line up -like dart ? Or a off the wall concept on the pets ?
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

So I’ve been thinking outside the box on this one, doing things that don’t work and emoting the hell out of everything as you never really know, however emoting doesn’t really make much sense except for maybe /listen. It’s a blood soaked tome after all and the dark whispers means that it’s either been in an area of a lot of old god whispers or it’s one of those tomes like in the movies that speaks. Zul’s little description further implies this.

So I’ve been searching up old god whisper locations, I haven’t gone to any of them yet, but maybe go there and /listen? if it’s a raid listen a lot then kill the boss and see if anything happens? perhaps even self sacrifice yourself with that instant kill dagger lol, in front of that specific boss or enter the star pool of N’zoth and die in there haha.

Do we know which old god speaks to Zul is it just G’huun? I mean it could be an old god whispering or it could be the tome itself, the only problem is where would a tome like that be located. I would find archeology to not really make sense, it would have to be somewhere Zul could hear it for years.

Had a dream about this damned tome, that I was in Hillsbrad and there was necromancers doing a ritual and the tome was floating and I killed a necromancer and then the tome whispered and I /listen and then I killed all the necromancers and the tome became lootable and I was running around with a red crawg and so was everyone else who knew about it, funny dream.

Anyways that’s what I’ve come up with so far, I’ll look more into as more information becomes available on different forum sites. Let’s hope we find this soon, I’m with everyone else that it’s getting to be really annoying now and an actual real clue from Blizz would be great or at the very least tell us it really is obtainable.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I tried going to Bwonsomdi to see if he'd make a deal or anything, but he had nothing new to say. There were three tombstones where he stays with names on them, but I don't think it has anything to do with the tome.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

What about the NPCs that have the <Stay awhile and listen> option?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Dart is only obtainable by Horde. It can be sold over the AH to Alliance, I believe, but it is initially gated behind having a 110+ Horde character.

I believe that a few on the Discord went to Old God locations and tried various emotes to see if anything happened. They even tried the suicide dagger and nothing happened.

As far as lore suggests, it was only G'huun that was speaking to Zul. Y'shaarj is dead, C'thun was completely destroyed by Sargeras' sword (confirmed in a quest), and nothing to suggest that Yogg is still "alive" or that N'zoth is the one whispering to Zul.

@Bulletdance I believe those were there before 8.1, so I don't think they're tied to the Tome.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Paradise Woods wrote:What about the NPCs that have the <Stay awhile and listen> option?
Just a bit of flavor dialogue, as far as I know. Most of that dialogue was added in 8.0, with a few additional bits of dialogue added in 8.1 (namely with Jaina). If there was dialogue tied to the tome, it probably would've been datamined.
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Edanna »

Valnaaros wrote:Dart is only obtainable by Horde. It can be sold over the AH to Alliance, I believe, but it is initially gated behind having a 110+ Horde character.

I believe that a few on the Discord went to Old God locations and tried various emotes to see if anything happened. They even tried the suicide dagger and nothing happened.

As far as lore suggests, it was only G'huun that was speaking to Zul. Y'shaarj is dead, C'thun was completely destroyed by Sargeras' sword (confirmed in a quest), and nothing to suggest that Yogg is still "alive" or that N'zoth is the one whispering to Zul.

@Bulletdance I believe those were there before 8.1, so I don't think they're tied to the Tome.
Man those guys are smart, like that’s completely out there and they’ve already done it XD, I’ll need to do my own investigation regardless and see if that turns anything up, I usually spend an obscene amount of time in places when I’m looking for something, most people just run through and spend very little time in the area.

I guess since that’s all I came up with, that I’m dried out of ideas for now haha.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The flavour text for the tome says “and suddenly they [the whispers] began to make sense.” The Elixir of Tongues was also added in this patch. Maybe we need to use it to understand som thing related to Zul of G’huun or other whispers in Zandalar.

Update: actually, possibly not, if the elixir was added less than a week ago. Unless it was in earlier but just announced then.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The elixir has actually been in the game since Vanilla, but was never implemented and, as far as I know, Blizz had no intention of even adding it in 8.1. The only reason they added it was because they accidentally broke a popular RP addon called Cross RP, which allowed you to speak with the other faction if you opted into it. To make amends they added in the elixir.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The elixir has actually been in the game since Vanilla, but was never implemented and, as far as I know, Blizz had no intention of even adding it in 8.1. The only reason they added it was because they accidentally broke a popular RP addon called Cross RP, which allowed you to speak with the other faction if you opted into it. To make amends they added in the elixir.
Yeah, if they had planned to add it earlier in the 8.1 cycle then they could have made use of it for this puzzle too, since it was fresh in their minds. But it sounds like it was only added very recently, so it's unlikely to be involved.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I ran around with my puzzle box of yogg standing in blood pools and listening to it by altars where the trolls are, but didn't get anything new. I also tried the pet that whispers. I may be overthinking this now lol
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Edanna »

Bulletdance wrote:I ran around with my puzzle box of yogg standing in blood pools and listening to it by altars where the trolls are, but didn't get anything new. I also tried the pet that whispers. I may be overthinking this now lol
Better to overthink it then underthink it to be honest, when I get back home in a few hours I’ll be testing out a few things, even if they’ve been tested by others lol.
I’m going to try other emotes and see what happens, including maybe trying something related to my dream, heck you never know as I always say.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Someone on the forums brought up a good point on the tome. What if this is another Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix, and the schematic drops or is bought off on a inscribers only Nov. This could be why we not finding it as it's would only show for a player eith that profession.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The recipe would've still shown up from 8.1 datamining.
GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

As much as i hate making inquiries like this has anyone made a ticket to a GM to check if its been implemented into the game, Normally they'll tell you if its still available in game. Or if it is in game at all.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

GAJones4221 wrote:As much as i hate making inquiries like this has anyone made a ticket to a GM to check if its been implemented into the game, Normally they'll tell you if its still available in game. Or if it is in game at all.
Someone has, and the GM just said the usual "go find it"
GM's know about as much as we do about this subject.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The recipe would've still shown up from 8.1 datamining.
Yeah, we would have seen it in the data. They've begun encrypting a lot of data ahead of time, but it's always visible by release.