Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

No, it's worth trying, I guess! I would hope they don't require a rogue to get us the tome, but anything is worth trying :)

I did look through all our hunter skills in case something half-forgotten might be given a clever use in this - like when they employed Flare for tracking tames. But nothing stood out to me.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Wain wrote:
Shoonasasi wrote:
Wain wrote:"THE WHISPERS" is an anagram of "SHREWISH PET" :P OK, that's no help, just an observation :P

I have been looking at anagrams, but haven't found any leads. ("her west ship"? heh)
Oh. My. God. Ok, so we have to head to Argus and tame a marsuul a shrewish pet. Shrews only live in tropical and temperate land masses, you know, like a swamp! A swamp like Nazmir! We take the marsuul to Nazmir, where the blood beasts reside. What's in the west? Blood Priest Xak'lar! And what is Blood Priest Xak'lar doing? Performing a blood ritual! On what? On the corpse, the vessel of a dead beast! .A ship is a vessel!

Ok, ok, we need to follow this line of clues. I predict we will have crawgs and ticks by morning!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant!
That's brilliant, but I have two questions: where are we sailing the dead turtle to and should I bring snacks?

Edit: speaking of snacks, I'm going through all the foods looking for interesting effects. Also, doesn't https://www.wowhead.com/item=152999/imp-meat sound like something a crawg would eat? Considering the flavor text on the Bloodgorged Crawg mount: "The crawg was left alone to feast on G'huun's corrupted blood and rot. He was so happy."

Edit: Ok, well, there's alot of interesting things in the cookbook that I forgot about: a brew that will make you blind, one that will give you "delusions of grandeur", treats to control critters, foods to make you mad, sad, scared or happy, a pet treat to make your pet larger, foods to let you track humanoids or beasts which is redundant for a hunter, a feast to "give you all the powers of a fish", a couple to make you breathe fire. But...with the possible exception of madness, none of these seem relevant.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

That's brilliant, but I have two questions: where are we sailing the dead turtle to and should I bring snacks?

Edit: speaking of snacks, I'm going through all the foods looking for interesting effects. Also, doesn't https://www.wowhead.com/item=152999/imp-meat sound like something a crawg would eat? Considering the flavor text on the Bloodgorged Crawg mount: "The crawg was left alone to feast on G'huun's corrupted blood and rot. He was so happy."

Edit: Ok, well, there's alot of interesting things in the cookbook that I forgot about: a brew that will make you blind, one that will give you "delusions of grandeur", treats to control critters, foods to make you mad, sad, scared or happy, a pet treat to make your pet larger, foods to let you track humanoids or beasts which is redundant for a hunter, a feast to "give you all the powers of a fish", a couple to make you breathe fire. But...with the possible exception of madness, none of these seem relevant.
That is a a thoughtful idea, what if this is another Panthara trick to tame, and we need to farm up some items to make https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=290472/bo ... od-sausage to feed them first? Or this is even a item only found by https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=166883/mys ... easure-map, which means farming Island Expeditions or waiting for a Old Gods invasion.

The fist idea is not so bad; however, if its the other is would just be a something Blizzard has done to just coarse players in to participating them, so they can not be written off as a frailer.
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

NEW CLUE FROM WARCRAFTDEV TWITTER!!
This tip could be what blows this search wide open!!

Seems that '"heroic hunters" are the chosen to solve this...

What "heroic" place can be tied with Zul???
Heroic dungeon?

Maybe not directly with Zul, but something like with the feathermane in Nighthold? Wander all the rooms.... of some heroic place... somewhere......

or more like Fenryr?.... soloing an instance requirement...
Attachments
Capture14245.PNG
Capture14245.PNG (50.75 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Pretty sure it just means "go kill Zul on heroic"
Wonderful.

*sigh*
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Teigan wrote:Pretty sure it just means "go kill Zul on heroic"
This would be such a bad move on Blizzard's part, as there is a good portion of people who do not do heroic raid content or don't raid at all. It would be cruel to expect all Hunters to find a raid group to take them to Zul, which is not an easy fight on heroic especially for someone who hasn't done it before. Also, many guilds are shut down for Christmas break, so that adds another group of Hunters who would have to wait several weeks for raiding to resume.

The H in heroic is capitalized. Could this be a clue too? I could see it being a heroic only dungeon perhaps, which would be easily accessible by pretty much everyone. Even the most extreme casual players could easily get into and finish a heroic dungeon these days.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, my first reaction is (hopefully) probably wrong. It's got to be a heroic dungeon or some other heroic type of thing. Is there a crawg related island expedition?
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

First heroic dungeon that comes to find is that rot one in nazmir. Heroic or mythic 0 run...
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

There's a Zul in Kings Rest.

Which just happened to get A Heroic version in this patch.

I'm going to run it and see if I find anything.
Homie-Erectus
Realm: Laughing Skull & Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Homie-Erectus »

I'm currently in a heroic Uldir run. If/when we down Zul, I'll have some intel for you guys!

EDIT: Group dissolved. Hopefully the kings rest peeps have better luck!
Last edited by Homie-Erectus on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Just watch it be in one of the gifts under the Winter Veil tree D:

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Really pleased to see we got a response today! <3 That assuages a lot of doubts, even if we still have a hunt to solve. I feel like this will revitalize a lot of searchers, since running on empty for 2 weeks without even an assurance that the tome was in game can really take a toll. I'm afraid I'm still feeling a bit burnt out myself, but I'm cheering everyone on. Maybe now that we have more of a focus the community can narrow it down soon.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Gonna try and pug a H Zul tonight, if I can
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

We got a clue? Sweet, glad to see its at least confirmed live. Let me check it out.

Edit: oh.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Heroic Zul has already been tested by a few people, myself included. Unless Zul didn’t initially drop the tome and then was fixed so that he would, he isn’t going to drop anything.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:Yeah, my first reaction is (hopefully) probably wrong. It's got to be a heroic dungeon or some other heroic type of thing. Is there a crawg related island expedition?
No. There are no Islands mobs that are Crawgs, Blood Ticks, or Blood Trolls. Mogu do spawn in IEs but someone would’ve found that by now if they were the source.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I also don’t think it is a solo run of Kings’ Rest. The first couple of bosses in there would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to solo at the current ilvl due to their mechanics. The gold blobs from the first boss would very quickly overwhelm the Hunter and put a perma shield on the boss. The second boss would just throw the Hunter into a sarcophagus and they would be trapped since there is no one else to break them out.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Me and a couple other hunters are currently in kings rest scouring it. We've come up empty. We've even jumped off the bridges and disengaged to try to find hidden passages.

Shadow of Zul despawns when you kill him, so there's nothing to loot.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

What other instances if any is Zul present in?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

None that I can recall.