Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It’s possible, I’m sure. If they can make it so that a mob will spawn only after a single Hunter clears up to a certain boss, then they can make specific loot drop under the same circumstances.

I honestly don’t think it is possible at this point due to mechanics. 50% is still a long ways off from the kill. If there is a possible way to do it, it would require a rather high ilvl and possibly very specific trinkets. I would love to be proven wrong, but my own testing and that of others has shown it to not be possible at this time.

I’ve lost my excitement after the last reset. I’m all for secrets, but stuff like this should be left to things like the Hivemind.
Skurn
Realm: Kazzak

Unread post by Skurn »

Same. Im not wasting time on this. I'd rather level some alts.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Fella in the secret finder discord is confirmed to have one, but he sadly doesn't remember the details leading up to him getting the tome. Discord blew the hell up as a result, and the poor guy is being interrogated like some mass murderer. Funny stuff, but SOON.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Secret Finding Discord is going nuts, we have our first confirmed tame but currently no further clues because he claims he doesn't remember. I'm suspicious because my memory's even worse than usual thanks to a recent concussion and I still think I'd remember this...
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's definitely legit, we have his armory with the Blood Beast, he posted screenshots, other people saw him in *live* game and got screenshots of him, and then he went and named his crawg 'Tractor' as more proof.

The only thing now is trying to figure out how he got it because he claims it was about a week ago and he had no idea it was a big deal at the time.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /Darethius
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am suspicious about him not remembering. I have a feeling that he does and is choosing to not tell. Wants to remain “special” for the time being.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Well, if that's the case then someone else that's willing to tell will find it eventually. This might be frustrating to many but let's all take a deep breath and remember he's not the gatekeeper of this or anything.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ziarre wrote:Well, if that's the case then someone else that's willing to tell will find it eventually. This might be frustrating to many but let's all take a deep breath and remember he's not the gatekeeper of this or anything.
Doesn’t frustrate me. It’ll be found eventually, with or without him. I just don’t buy his story.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:I am suspicious about him not remembering. I have a feeling that he does and is choosing to not tell. Wants to remain “special” for the time being.
Agreed. They definitely would remember because why would anyone think a tome to learn a new tameable family wouldn't be a big deal? Esp. if they've been in the secret finders discord over the last week. There's just no way.

I've got no ill will towards the player, just saying I think it's a bit silly of an excuse to not say how they got it lol

But, ppl figured out how to tame that Worgen/Garwal back in Wrath even when that original Hunter didn't say a peep about how it was done. We'll figure this out too lol

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

My point exactly @ the Worgen/Garwal tame. We'll figure this out one way or another.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Vephriel

I don't know what to believe right now. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, they've been very cooperative so far. Yeah they might be lying, but they can't fake the taming itself and just knowing it's out there gives me a bit more hope.

Crossing my fingers we're getting closer to solving this unnecessarily complicated tame. T_T
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I keep spamming refresh on this page hoping something breaks. Ahaha. rip me

I'm just kinda...crossing my fingers it's not something too rough to do. :C

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Yeah, that's definitely a "let me hold on to this for a little while longer" kind of forgetfulness. I have faith in you all - the truth is out there somewhere!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:I don't know what to believe right now. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, they've been very cooperative so far. Yeah they might be lying, but they can't fake the taming itself and just knowing it's out there gives me a bit more hope.

Crossing my fingers we're getting closer to solving this unnecessarily complicated tame. T_T

Exactly. Personally, I'm still gonna wait to try and seek stuff out later. I mean, since he does have the Crawg, we know 1 of 2 things:

1. The Tome is in-game and obtainable with current content.

OR

2. There's a Crawg out there that's bugged out and seemingly tameable without the Tome being used.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That’s true, could be either. The Panthara also has a bugged one that was tamable without the meat.

Agreed. It is just like how the Hivemind discord was when a few people found a way up to Hivemind prior to anyone actually discovering how it was supposed to be done and started posting pictures of them on the mount. It was hours before the Discord could calm down enough to get back to work.
Vephriel

EDIT: Removing clip of unintended method
Last edited by Vephriel on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

EDITED:

Removed due to clarification by later tweets/posts.
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel

Also we have multiple people who have tamed both crawgs and blood ticks now, it's legit.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

EDITED:

Removed due to clarification by later tweets/posts.
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wow. That can be intended m. If it is then you can expect for no Hunter to get an invite.

If the intended method is just for you to kill Heroic Zul, then this was broken last week. Several others and I killed Heroic Zul last week and didn’t get anything.