Blood Beast taming search

For discussion of the current expansion - pets, mounts, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Rikaku » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:39 pm

EDITED:

Removed due to clarification by later tweets/posts.
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 am
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Thwip » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Either way, this is not exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm one of those people who really don't raid in the first place...So this news is rather bleh for me.

Image

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma


SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Well now...

I have my suspicions that is is actually intended, since the wording of the hint could be taken sarcastically. So, by zoning out you are in effect helping Zul, so you get the tome.

I have two problems here, first, my team needs my dps, and second, we may not clear H Zul again before the next raid opens. So I may never get this, as this isn't gonna work well in pug raids.

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Rikaku wrote:
Vephriel wrote:https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousIncredulousAniseTriHard

confirmed obtaining by being on Heroic Zul fight and *hearthing out*

We have 3-4 people who have replicated this now successfully. Obviously I don't think this is the intended tame, maybe we're supposed to avoid a certain mechanic and hearthing just does that automatically, but god...

Yeah I feel like this isn't the intended route. This doesn't seem at all 'Heroic' to just hearth out. Also, holy crap Hunters are gonna get such a bad rep for this. So much for getting pug raid group invites after this happens for a bit.

Tho in all seriousness, this is gonna suck for those of us who raid with guild-raids that are too small to pull this off lol. I can't hearth on my raid team; 20% or not, losing 1 man out of 10 could make/break a fight like that lol
Exactly. I don't want to do that to my raid team (we can't lol-farm heroic) so this really does suck. Hunters are gonna get a really bad name with this.

User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Rikaku » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 pm

EDITED:

Removed due to clarification by later tweets/posts.
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: Female

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Jelani » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 pm

SO, those of us who dont have raid groups...are screwed.

And NO real group will allow hunters in now knowing they will hearth out midfight.

Wow...

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!


User avatar
MadHatterBunny
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by MadHatterBunny » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 pm

I hate this. I wish it was just a vendor item. Now it's going to be hard for me to get the pet.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16010
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Vephriel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Edited to remove unintended method discussion
Last edited by Vephriel on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: Female

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Jelani » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Grats to all who get it, and thanks to everyone for searching. Sadly no Crawg for me for quite a while.. :/

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!


User avatar
Xcreeping
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 am

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Xcreeping » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Hunters already get a bad rep and this will get us perma banned from heroic zul encounters, I pug my raiding, have pugged all of heroic and even got my AotC that way. I was going off in general chat about this and some dude said it can also be achieved through heroic kings rest and that that is why they made a heroic version.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16010
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Vephriel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 pm

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1076675766211862528

Confirmed not intended! (thankfully, because that would have been ridiculous)

but it remains to be seen just what IS the intended method then, if it still involves Heroic Zul?

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:13 pm

You’re probably just supposed to kill him and you get it upon kill. So, if that is the intended means, then this secret would’ve been solved on day one.

User avatar
MadHatterBunny
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by MadHatterBunny » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:15 pm

I am just really upset right now. I really wanted to tame this pet family. I am so far behind in gearing because of my college classes and now this pet family is locked behind a heroic raid. It's really messed up.

User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Rikaku » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Vephriel wrote:https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1076675766211862528

Confirmed not intended! (thankfully, because that would have been ridiculous)

but it remains to be seen just what IS the intended method then, if it still involves Heroic Zul?

My guess is it still involved Heroic Zul, since I can't see why else the bugged method worked in the first place. (Also gonna edit my post since its a bug and I don't want to encourage bug-usage).


SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Valnaaros wrote:You’re probably just supposed to kill him and you get it upon kill. So, if that is the intended means, then this secret would’ve been solved on day one.
Nah, they would have know that wasn't working with many kills of him.

Probably some other mechanic.

And damn, my Twitter notifications are gonna blow up for a while... lol

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Rikaku wrote:
Vephriel wrote:https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1076675766211862528

Confirmed not intended! (thankfully, because that would have been ridiculous)

but it remains to be seen just what IS the intended method then, if it still involves Heroic Zul?

My guess is it still involved Heroic Zul, since I can't see why else the bugged method worked in the first place. (Also gonna edit my post since its a bug and I don't want to encourage bug-usage).
Gotta be tied to that fight, something with buffs and debuffs, there's not much else there in the fight.

User avatar
Xcreeping
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 am

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Xcreeping » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:18 pm

MadHatterBunny wrote:I am just really upset right now. I really wanted to tame this pet family. I am so far behind in gearing because of my college classes and now this pet family is locked behind a heroic raid. It's really messed up.
its really not that bad, the new raid comes out next month and after a month of gearing people will have out geared the heroic checks massively and you will be able to get into pugs for it at any ilvl while people farm it for the tome, achievements, and transmog.

User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Rikaku » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:18 pm

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Rikaku wrote:
Vephriel wrote:https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1076675766211862528

Confirmed not intended! (thankfully, because that would have been ridiculous)

but it remains to be seen just what IS the intended method then, if it still involves Heroic Zul?

My guess is it still involved Heroic Zul, since I can't see why else the bugged method worked in the first place. (Also gonna edit my post since its a bug and I don't want to encourage bug-usage).
Gotta be tied to that fight, something with buffs and debuffs, there's not much else there in the fight.

Or get the killing blow? EVERYONE ELSE STOP DPS AND LET ME FINISH THE LAST 1%, IT'S COOL. XD


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:19 pm

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:You’re probably just supposed to kill him and you get it upon kill. So, if that is the intended means, then this secret would’ve been solved on day one.
Nah, they would have know that wasn't working with many kills of him.

Probably some other mechanic.

And damn, my Twitter notifications are gonna blow up for a while... lol
The same could be said about the mount that the Sha of Anger dropped. Blizz should’ve known that it wasn’t dropping for anyone, yet they swore up and down that it was on the loot table.

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 pm

What really sucks is the intended method is probably broken, so at the same time we can't get it the right way, we're getting a bad rap for doing it the wrong way.

Wowhead hasn't retracted yet, so a lot of hunters are gonna see that Wowhead post before they see Jeremy's reply to me.

Post Reply