Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Thwip »

Vephriel wrote:I really don't think an entire family should be locked on a heroic raid of what's current tier. Maybe individual skins, but not the entire family!
This. Regardless of how much easier to gear, ect, it'll be later on down the line. I just.......don't like raiding? I don't enjoy it. It's not for me. So I'm horrendously disappointed that it's shoved behind a Heroic raid boss. I rarely even do LFR these days.

Guess I'll just get them several xpacs from now when I can solo the content.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

WTB a petition to Blizzard to change tome to be accessible to all.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The whole situation is really a mess, I don't feel like anything regarding Blood Beasts should have been this timeconsuming or complicated. :( They're cute pets, we were all excited for them. Some of the mysteries that the Secret Finders discord solve are so unbelievable I couldn't even say for sure if the whole hearthing thing was unintentional at first because who knows, it could have been legitimate based on how few leads we had and it being the FIRST thing that showed promise.

I just don't see why this has to be such an ordeal for what should be a relatively simple drop, or at least that's how it would make the most sense to me to implement. Now they have so much more to try to deal with as a result.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Thwip wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I really don't think an entire family should be locked on a heroic raid of what's current tier. Maybe individual skins, but not the entire family!
This. Regardless of how much easier to gear, ect, it'll be later on down the line. I just.......don't like raiding? I don't enjoy it. It's not for me. So I'm horrendously disappointed that it's shoved behind a Heroic raid boss. I rarely even do LFR these days.

Guess I'll just get them several xpacs from now when I can solo the content.
Yeah, for a whole family to be locked this way is dumb. I can agree with (and support) individual mobs to be tamed that are locked behind harder stuff, but not a whole family.

And LFR is a hell-hole this expac, glad you can't get it there.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:I just don't see why this has to be such an ordeal for what should be a relatively simple drop, or at least that's how it would make the most sense to me to implement. Now they have so much more to try to deal with as a result.
Yeah, with Wowhead spamming this, it's gonna be a mess.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Agreed. I love Crawgs, but they shouldn’t have locked them behind a Heroic boss fight. Hopefully the mostly negative feedback to this will discourage them from ever doing this sort of thing with a family ever again.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Did we try killing Zul without killing a single crawg?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If defeating Zul on Heroic is part of the intended method, I can accept that they don't intend for Blood Beasts to be generally tameable for some time, but I'm won't be happy with it. A huge number of people worked very hard for something they can't take part in or benefit from in the foreseeable future.

But hey, they've made worse game decisions in that regard - for the opening of the gates of Ahn'Qiraj they had a huge number of players work their guts out for the benefit of just one person in their guild, who was the only one to get the exclusive mount. And then they gave that individual a second one in Legion because they weren't already special enough :roll:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lupen202 wrote:Did we try killing Zul without killing a single crawg?
That would be rather difficult to do. You would have to cut out all aoe and cleaving, which will greatly limit what some specs can do. And even if you have a ilvl group, you will probably have two-three large groups of Crawgs by the time you push Zul to phase 2. This would be something that would almost certainly result in the tank dying.

@Wain. Well, BfA for the most part has been bad decisions :lol:
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah definitely difficult but it's kind of odd hearthing out does it.. as if not killing something is required

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe leave at least one alive? But maybe not - that really wouldn't fit the pattern of the bug, I don't think :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:Yeah definitely difficult but it's kind of odd hearthing out does it.. as if not killing something is required
But people who have gotten it have hearthed out as low as 3%. So at that point everything has been killed at least once.

Maybe something needs to stay alive at the end, but that's just making the fight harder for everyone else.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wain wrote:Maybe leave at least one alive? But maybe not - that really wouldn't fit the pattern of the bug, I don't think :/
What would be different in the fight at 3% than at the kill?

Maybe FD at the end?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If so, you would have to join a far more organized group than a random pug. Most would not be willing to just cut out aoe or protect a single Crawg — especially when the only benefiting is the Hunter.

@Slick. Exactly. P2 Zul on Heroic would be a pain if a Crawg had to follow the tanks around and everyone had to limit what sort of abilities they can use.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:If so, you would have to join a far more organized group than a random pug. Most would not be willing to just cut out aoe or protect a single Crawg — especially when the only benefiting is the Hunter.

@Slick. Exactly. P2 Zul on Heroic would be a pain if a Crawg had to follow the tanks around and everyone had to limit what sort of abilities they can use.
Wondering if the Crawgs can be ice-trapped...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Possibly. That could work. A tank just kites one away and it is then trapped.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

From what i understood, the hearthing is more about not getting tagged or dotted or cursed by some spell, so the guy that hearthed prob got it being clean of all the other shit.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I got hit with every spell that Zul can use and I still got it.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Valnaaros wrote:I got hit with every spell that Zul can use and I still got it.
Oh? So you did the hearth method? Guess blizz is just full of failure, as usual.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Has this been fixed yet and if not can we get in trouble for doing it this way and last is anyone able to make a group to help hunters get it because there is nothing on my realm showing anything.