Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote:Has this been fixed yet and if not can we get in trouble for doing it this way and last is anyone able to make a group to help hunters get it because there is nothing on my realm showing anything.
It's hard to know if anyone will lose their pets. I'd be surprised if anyone got punished for this kind of thing (since it doesn't add any power to the player) but I'm hesitant to say that in case you do. I think at worst they'd remove the pets and at best they'll just ignore them.

I doubt this is fixed and it's quite possible it won't be fixed until after Christmas, perhaps even the New Year, at this stage, since most employees will have left. Even if one designer stays back to fix this they probably wouldn't have the server staff to implement it. But then they'll probably make a liar of me and hotfix it tonight ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dead_Jackrabbit
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dead_Jackrabbit »

I’m still not taking any chances. I would be so devastated if I got banned.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

The fact that it drops from a heroic raid boss at all is bad enough without the hearthing glitch. I've about had it with this game. If they want it to be for raiders fine, but as a casual gamer I'll just take my money elsewhere.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Seeing they never took away those direhorn babies yet removed our dreamway puppies I am tempted to want to try this because if it is indeed tied to heroic raiding then I am screwed since I am not in a guild on my main and don't want to pay someone for the carry yet I want this pet.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Has anyone actually tried hearthing on normal to see?

I mean the whole "heroic hunters" tweet is pretty obvious but never know

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Lupen202 wrote:Has anyone actually tried hearthing on normal to see?

I mean the whole "heroic hunters" tweet is pretty obvious but never know
I think I saw someone saying that they tried it on Normal and nothing happened.

As for a possible ban, I highly doubt that will happen. Blizz will usually only do that if it gives you some sort of advantage. Tons of people were abusing the AFK IEs for the past week and a half, and all Blizz did was fixed is so that you can’t just afk and get loot at the end.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Hearthing is a bug. I just wouldn't do it at all. And I'm honestly sick of this. Locking an entire pet family behind a heroic raid instance, not testing for scummy bugs, I'm getting to the point where I don't want to play this game until better quality control is focused on.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

MadHatterBunny wrote:Hearthing is a bug. I just wouldn't do it at all. And I'm honestly sick of this. Locking an entire pet family behind a heroic raid instance, not testing for scummy bugs, I'm getting to the point where I don't want to play this game until better quality control is focused on.
Yeah, this is pretty garbage. I was starting to regret benching my hunter for my shaman, but...
001] SOOPR SEEKRITS LOLZ
002] "Yes it is available in game." *Players find it.. in a bizarre way* "Oh whoops, it's bugged."
003] The very notion that an entire pet family, something that's almost cosmetic as most raids will have pet buffs and abilities covered, is locked behind heroic raiding content... yikes.

Completely ridiculous, and they're already on thin ice with the general poor reception of BfA. Did their neon sign saying "Play Something Else" get lost in the post, and they're stuck trying to subtly hint?
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

To be fair, hearthing mid-fight is a pretty easily missed bug, I would think, especially since this was just cooked up and thrown in. It's not gear or anything that "actually" effects the raid or progression or whatever. However, if it turns out that it was just bugged and not being awarded properly to people who just had to kill Zul on Heroic, I would feel like maybe some more testing should have happened.

Personally, I doubt much will happen. Like Wain said, at most the pets will get taken or your ability to tame new ones will be removed. They might even make it easier to get as a way of saying "sorry" for the screw-up.

Onto the fact that the pets are "prestigious" and only given to raiders... I'm not actually that bummed or bothered. They haven't done anything like that before, sure, but there's a first time for everything. I'm happy that we got crawgs and ticks at all. I feel like it's the same thing as older legendaries or the vicious PVP mounts. Ultimately, the crawg isn't necessarily better than any other pet and is mostly to show off. If I even get the book, whatever I tame will probably quickly join the stable with all those spirit beasts I ended up not using.

I WILL agree that the whole "secret" thing got out of hand, since not everyone does Heroic. They probably should have dropped that hint to begin with.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

“More testing” is BfA in a nutshell. If you were just supposed to kill H Zul to get the tome, then that is something very easy for them to test. There is really no excuse for this.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

No wonder BFA stands for Beta For Azeroth.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

If they wanted prestigious pet, locking it behind a single avenue of play isn't a good idea. There are prestigious mounts for raiding, for PvP, for solo play... they aren't all gated behind one single play style. Not the same as a pet being shiny and prestigious.

It also means that the hours, the DAYS, non-raiding hunters spent looking for the tome were 110% wasted, and unless they feel like stomaching a raid, a heroic raid, they're outta luck. They can't tame an ENTIRE FAMILY until the content it's relative to is outdated. How messed up is that? Veph's idea of only locking a skin or two was a good idea - wolves aren't hard to find but Fenryr (at the time) was a skin that you had to be skilled enough (or geared enough) to tame.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

God, this...is just gross. This whole thing is gross and I hate it and it makes me sad. I honestly thought we were going to get a cool hidden questline like with Gara. I'm really disappointed.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Something few people are addressing: what the hell would the actual method be? Just a normal heroic drop without hearthing?

That's really disappointing if so. I would hope there was a more advanced method (maybe available on normal and LFR as well) that would result in the tome drop, and for some reason it just got screwed up on Heroic.

But I'm not counting on it.
Beastmode
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Beastmode »

Good luck getting into a Heroic Uldir pug (as a hunter) for the foreseeable future.

GG Blizzard, you incompetent cucks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, even though I was able to get into a group within an hour of the discovery, it wasn’t fast. There were a few H Zul groups up in premade and only one was willing to take a Hunter.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Don't worry guys. I don't think the bug will make it to live.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

As someone who has been in love with the crawgs since they showed up, one of the saddest outcomes of this ordeal has been seeing the community change from lighthearted anticipation and excitement to bitter and jaded anger. We were all so eager to find a way to take them home. There were fun memes and optimistic suggestions. Now the community's turning on itself and everyone's feeling hurt and disappointed. Even once the "real" method is worked out I'm afraid this will have soured them for many players, and that's a real shame. :(
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Vephriel wrote:As someone who has been in love with the crawgs since they showed up, one of the saddest outcomes of this ordeal has been seeing the community change from lighthearted anticipation and excitement to bitter and jaded anger. We were all so eager to find a way to take them home. There were fun memes and optimistic suggestions. Now the community's turning on itself and everyone's feeling hurt and disappointed. Even once the "real" method is worked out I'm afraid this will have soured them for many players, and that's a real shame. :(
Plus the added spice that the first impression of this to the rest of the playerbase isn't a positive one either.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

The whole intent of this is the emoji Muffinus posted to farm Uldir over and over, so even months from now hunters will be making H Uldir groups for a chance of the tome. Blizzard is really grasping at straws to find ways for players to go back and play same raids even after the next one releases. They have ran out of ways to keep players invested in thier game and are stooping to the laziest way. Wonder how many months from now before hunters will be able to get into a Uldir pug once again?