Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Vephriel »

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 1284816896
Yes. Our original intention was to require defeating Heroic Zul with a raid of only Hunters. However, there was a bug that caused it to be granted to a few Hunters through unintentional means. In the spirit of fairness, we've made it drop from any Normal or higher Zul kill.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

The fact that this is not available on LFR is so sad. Hunters from all raiding abilities were helping find this tome. Casual Hunters who rely on LFR for their raiding experience searched their asses off for 2-weeks for this. We all searched, some for days, hour upon hour spent flaring and searching and mousing over rocks and books. We all looked for it, every Hunter from hardcore mythic raiders to casual players, we all damn well looked and we should ALL damn well get the tome.

I'm very lucky in that my guild raids heroic Uldir, and this tome would be easy for me to get, but for the Hunters who cannot raid because of time constraints, or those who suffer from anxieties and cannot find a way to get into a raid group even on normal, this is cruelly unfair.

This went from an exciting puzzle to find a new pet to a frustrating experience that turned out to all just be one big broken joke. What a disappointment. I feel so sorry for everyone who beat their heads against a wall for 14 bloody days only to find out it was all for nothing.

I have my Crawg, and I'm glad for that, but oh boy was this messed up.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Vephriel wrote:https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 1284816896
Yes. Our original intention was to require defeating Heroic Zul with a raid of only Hunters. However, there was a bug that caused it to be granted to a few Hunters through unintentional means. In the spirit of fairness, we've made it drop from any Normal or higher Zul kill.
I wonder who would even come up with a stupid idea like that, as a secret of all things.

"Hey guys, i know it! Let`s zerg zul with a 10 man hunter party and see if it drops from him, cause every single possible logic conclusion would make us actually search outside of a closed up titan facility since tamed crawgs existed in the storyline way before Zul even threw a coup at Zandalar."
Shoonasasi

Vephriel wrote:https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 1284816896

A raid of only Hunters.....how the hell would a raid of only Hunters get all the way to Heroic Zul?

Who the hell had this idea?

In the spirit of fairness?

Jiminy fricking cricket.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I wonder how that would have worked? Are they gonna patch in healing and tanking specs for hunters? I mean, it's STILL current raid tier, so....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, that wouldn’t have worked. There is no way that a raid of solely Hunters, in this xpac, can kill Zul let alone all prior bosses. The mechanics alone would prevent them from accomplishing anything. And like what Krauth said, why would anyone ever think of doing that? So stupid.
Vephriel

Yeah I...have to say I'm kind of glad we ended up with the fix we got. I still think it should drop off LFR as well, but trying to organize a team solely of hunters for what's still current tier heroic raiding is...well, let's just say some people would have been waiting a lot longer than they already are.

That would have been even more of a headache than this is. I mean it could be fun, I don't mind the idea on its own, but to lock an entire family behind that, and make it sound like it was some big secret to discover as a community doesn't sit right with me.

I like challenging tames, I like mysteries, I like class-appropriate mechanics. I'm glad they're still trying to think of new ways to make exciting tames for us, and I would hate for this situation to discourage them from doing more in the future, but this particular idea could have been managed a lot better I think, and I believe they could have come up with something that appealed to us more as a community.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I realize I'm the minority, but frankly.... I would've liked that challenge *NOT FOR AN ENTIRE HUNTER PET FAMILY* but for like a unique Crawg skin or something (think of Fenryr in comparison to other Wolves in the Wolf Family). So on one hand, sad to see that this wasn't the end result for a unique skin of Blood Beast, but this would've been fun (well for me, I can't speak for all players nor will I try to).

That said, on the other hand, I'm happier with the fix we get. I don't want to wait til patch 8.3 or next expansion to get a raid of all hunters to steamroll to Zul. I mean... Some of the fights in there I just can't see a raid of Hunters doing even if we outgear it that easily (like Zekvoz or Fetid Devourer) unless the entire raid was made up of like Method-tier of Hunters.

Though, if they wanted to have like a Hunter-only raid of something; why not put it behind all-hunter party of M+ Underrot or something? That I could feasibly see being a challenge for 5 Hunters and still open enough to a wider non-raid audience.

Ah well.

I hope they continue to try to come up with things (I mean I did just recently post a literal laundry list of some of our hunter-history more unique tames/challenges) for us, but maybe don't lock the entire family behind this method.

Good intention but bad execution.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm one of those who will not be able to tame one. :(
Vephriel

Rikaku wrote:Good intention but bad execution.
Couldn't agree more.

And yeah, I think if there had been one special crawg model locked behind something like this, it would have been fine. I don't think there's a need to make an entire family (a new one that a lot of people have been looking forward to) locked behind something that effectively excludes a lot of players.

I'm not trying to say "everyone should get everything for free with no effort, hand-outs for all", but this was too much.
Shoonasasi

I wonder if this mythical Hunter Raid was tested by Blizzard in current gear?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I appreciate them doing a 'unique' challenge. I encourage that. But the direction they went seems really wonky. I'm also bummed that it won't drop from LFR. My guild is only raiding at times I can't participate. I guess I'll have to go through the abuse of finding a PUG. :(
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Vephriel wrote:
Rikaku wrote:Good intention but bad execution.
Couldn't agree more.

And yeah, I think if there had been one special crawg model locked behind something like this, it would have been fine. I don't think there's a need to make an entire family (a new one that a lot of people have been looking forward to) locked behind something that effectively excludes a lot of players.

I'm not trying to say "everyone should get everything for free with no effort, hand-outs for all", but this was too much.
I'm floored by how many people are saying the original method should have stayed for the tome as it is now, and that we're crying for handouts. I hearken back to the Legion artifact skins that were in any and all raid difficulties. Instead of getting me on my hunter to engage in LFR, I sigh at the stigma hunters have, at her acceptable ilvl for normal (348) declined because she'd hinder a 380+ speed run, waiting in queue for ages trying to form my own group...

Welp, no crawg for me til I solo the place or my guild does a "we're bored, let's go crash Uldir" run. While I'm happy for the hunters that are raiding, and can get the tome, my heart aches for the hunters who won't get their crawg any time soon due to different preferred playstyles or social anxieties that limit their group play.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Shoonasasi wrote:I wonder if this mythical Hunter Raid was tested by Blizzard in current gear?
I highly doubt that it was tested at all, honestly.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It boggles the mind. Are they that unfamiliar with their own game that they didn't realize this was an impossible situation given that it's current content? Or were we supposed to be happy waiting till next expansion? What on earth were they going for here? How did this even happen?
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Hunter only groups may end up being the only way some get this, anyway. So, they still win, I guess.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I applaud Blizzard for fixing this the right way and allowing even normal to drop it when they could have said screw you and kept it on heroic I think running normal won't be as bad as heroic.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For anyone hesitant, Normal mode is often much easier than LFR, especially on trickier bosses. This is because it's more likely people have read up on the fight and are actually trying, rather than expecting to be carried. The bosses usually aren't much harder, though the mechanics can change a little now and then. LFR is a horrible nightmare in comparison.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel

Wain wrote:For anyone hesitant, Normal mode is often much easier than LFR, especially on trickier bosses. This is because it's more likely people have read up on the fight and are actually trying, rather than expecting to be carried. The bosses usually aren't much harder, though the mechanics can change a little now and then. LFR is a horrible nightmare in comparison.
Yes. I know raiding isn't for everyone, but a normal run really won't be super difficult to strive for. Uldir's already on farm by most people, a lot of people just run it for AP/transmog/etc. Give it until after xmas and more people will be starting groups for this, remember there's going to be almost a month buffer until the next raid comes out. And if you want to play it super safe, you can even wait until the new raid comes out and a lot of people will be overgeared for Uldir, making runs even easier.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Can anyone think of a logical thought process that would lead us to try an all-hunter raid? I can't remember any clue to trying it, nor any form of reason that would lead us to the conclusion of trying it. Was this just one of those "try random shit" puzzles suited to larger groups like the WoW Secrets community? If so I'm concerned.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.