Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

Tilo wrote:Looking for Dreadtick Leachers in this variant that's listed for them: Image

I find that they're all this variant instead:

If I recall doing the burning quest, maybe they turned white when burnt? - regardless had to go elsewhere for the purple variant.
Fixed, thanks!

It appears they changed colours at some point during the PTR. Wowhead still has the old appearance in their image, so it's not just me going crazy :D I'll send them a new image.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Thats wierd i got a purple one on my horde hunter in that same spot where the blue ones show up
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

ZoroarkRonan:
Thats wierd i got a purple one on my horde hunter in that same spot where the blue ones show up
I looked all around in those turtle guts, didn't see a single white/purple variant at all yesterday.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ZoroarkRonan wrote:Thats wierd i got a purple one on my horde hunter in that same spot where the blue ones show up
Do you still have it? Can you determine its NPC ID with this macro?

Code: Select all

/run print("Target NPC Family: ", UnitCreatureFamily("target"), " ID: ", strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$"))
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Whoops sorry wrong mob its was the one in the frogmarsh i remember and the one i thought we were talking about my apologize
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

The one i was talking about was marshfly dreadtick
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah cool. Thanks for replying :)
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

While I'm glad people have been able to get their blood beasts, I still want to know what Blizzard was thinking with the requirements. Even with the hotfixed drop method, it's extremely difficult to get into a Normal Uldir at 346 ilvl, let alone one that doesn't fall apart after Zek'voz. I was at 338 when the patch hit, so I've been putting in work to increase my ilvl too.

My guild used to be fairly active and raided together, but ever since Legion it's become dead and my work schedule makes it so I can't be part of a raid team during normal times; my only source of raiding is LFR and Pugs that decide I can tag along. I know the fight mechanics, so that's not an issue. I even let them know I'll stay until the end of the raid and not just bail after Zul. I'm getting so fed up with applying for numerous normal pugs, rarely getting invited, and then having the raid dissolve JUST before Zul.

Blood beasts aren't exactly the most useful pet to have around, but to have an entire pet family essentially locked away behind a raid is, in my opinion, very stupid. I understand they want some kind of exclusivity to go with this pet family, but it locks out quite a few casual players from a pet family they have had their eye on ever since BFA launched. At the very least make it a drop in LFR similar to the artifact appearances in Legion (a low chance initially that increases each time it doesn't drop for future weeks). Still better than having a hunter-only raid on Heroic though.

Sorry for the venting; I'm just frustrated at this whole mess.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I guess the tome is locked behind the raid because it's account wide once you learn it. You only have to do it once, then all your other hunter alts and future hunters can tame Blood Beasts.

Doesn't mean I agree with the Normal minimum requirement though, like you said, they could have made it a lower drop chance in LFR with bad luck protection. Especially after the "in the spirit of fairness" comment on their twitter, which I think was a REALLY bad choice of words. It didn't bother me that much but when I saw it I knew it was going to piss off a lot of players, and it did.

But it's also hard to be mad at them considering all the shits going on within the company lately. I just hope that Blizzard doesn't get completely ruined to Hell and back from Activision's actions. :(
ImageImage