Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

I tried it and could click on it and saw the description you mentioned. It could be a lead! But... that crate has been there since 8.0 so it could well be for something else: https://www.wowhead.com/object=281206/z ... e#comments

If it is used for the tome, you may have to do something like defeat H Zul first. But, who knows? :/

Either way, thanks for reporting it :)

Related Images:

Attachments
crate.jpg
crate.jpg (318.04 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
crateloc.jpg
crateloc.jpg (490.25 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WorgenHunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by WorgenHunter »

Is it possible that would be triggered by a pet in the nearby area? Like a Devilsaur/Raptor/Frog(As crawgs were linked to Krag'wa)?
Or maybe the plant eating achievement has a clue in it?
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote:If it is used for the tome, you may have to do something like defeat H Zul first. But, who knows? :/

Either way, thanks for reporting it :)
My hunter has not defeated Zul Hc, so maybe that's why he can not interact with the box.

I'm a little sad ... how am I going to throw zul hc with my alter? I think I was left without having my little Spud.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

It's been there since 8.0, and previously had a quest for Horde (that couldn't be accepted), so I'm not entirely sure it has anything to do with the Tome.

Most likely it was a questline that was abandoned before live happened, and got left in game.

If I had to guess, Alliance hunters can't interact with it, but Horde hunters can, as it was likely meant to be a Horde quest, much like the random note on the ground in Stormsong that starts a quest for Alliance, but still highlights for Horde but does nothing when clicked on. My Nightborne can, but my Void Elf can't, but neither have killed Zul Heroic.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Myzou wrote:It's been there since 8.0, and previously had a quest for Horde (that couldn't be accepted), so I'm not entirely sure it has anything to do with the Tome.

Most likely it was a questline that was abandoned before live happened, and got left in game.

If I had to guess, Alliance hunters can't interact with it, but Horde hunters can, as it was likely meant to be a Horde quest, much like the random note on the ground in Stormsong that starts a quest for Alliance, but still highlights for Horde but does nothing when clicked on. My Nightborne can, but my Void Elf can't, but neither have killed Zul Heroic.
Can confirm, i am an alliance hunter and cannot interact with it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:If I had to guess, Alliance hunters can't interact with it, but Horde hunters can, as it was likely meant to be a Horde quest.
That would explain the discrepancy! My hunter is Horde. It would also pretty much quash the theory that it's now been repurposed for the Tome, or both factions should be able to interact with it. Ah well, it was an interesting possibility :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

We need to get that soloing guy to solo Heroic King's Rest...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

SlickrockGhost wrote:We need to get that soloing guy to solo Heroic King's Rest...
The mechanics of the first two bosses, especially the second, may make it nearly impossible at our current ilvl. The second boss throws a random player into a sarcophagus shortly after the fight begins. Since the Hunter is the only player, that would mean that they would be thrown in. Without another player to get them out, they are stuck until the boss kills them.

The only way it would be possible is if they changed how the second fight works when there is just one person.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Valnaaros wrote:
SlickrockGhost wrote:We need to get that soloing guy to solo Heroic King's Rest...
The mechanics of the first two bosses, especially the second, may make it nearly impossible at our current ilvl. The second boss throws a random player into a sarcophagus shortly after the fight begins. Since the Hunter is the only player, that would mean that they would be thrown in. Without another player to get them out, they are stuck until the boss kills them.

The only way it would be possible is if they changed how the second fight works when there is just one person.
Good question... I have reached out to a certain person.. if anyone can do it, he can..
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Have...........Have you guys seen this?

It's on a very small outcropping on the very top of the Heart of Darkness!

All it says is 'Begin at the beginning'...

(also please to be ignoring my UI, hahaha, I'm a click player cause I have very poor muscle memory)
Attachments
ConspiciousNote.jpg
ConspiciousNote.jpg (851.81 KiB) Viewed 3216 times

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Isn't that part of the "get the goat" super long clicky thing for the demon goat mini pet? :mrgreen:

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Aw, is it? I hadn't done that yet, ahaha. I got myself excited.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yep, looks like that is the 3rd spot or something. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/baal-sec ... battle-pet :mrgreen:

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Dang it. Ahahaha, guess I really should get that goat then. That's what my day is tellin' me now. I'm looking at places with H. Cause sometimes that kinda lowkey hint is a thing and someone pointed out the hint had Heroic capitalized.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

yeah that note is for the demonic goat pet : 3

signature by spiritbinder
Valhim
Realm: Dun Modr

Unread post by Valhim »

I'm trying soloing Underrot's second boss in hc, but I have 360 and always wipe at ~50% hp :'c

Maybe is the key, it's the only Blood beast boss
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Valhim wrote:I'm trying soloing Underrot's second boss in hc, but I have 360 and always wipe at ~50% hp :'c

Maybe is the key, it's the only Blood beast boss
I don’t think it is possible to solo that boss. I have a higher ilvl and wipe at around 50%. It is not possible to keep the ticks under control. They will very quickly and easily overwhelm you.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Has a hunter only group been tried? I know Ring's Rest was checked.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Tatski
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Tatski »

I've tried soloing Cragmaw on heroic as well. Doing it with ilvl 376. I've gotten him down to 50% before the first tantrum phase, but its impossible to get every blood larva around the room by yourself and your pet cannot take them all, even after getting most of the larvas stomped on. The Bleed deals too much for you and your pet to handle. For now, I doubt anyone can do it until the next raid drops. I do believe the tome is there. It's the mage tower all over again.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Has there ever been a drop that won't drop unless the looter is by themselves? I'm curious about the tech and coding behind that... unless when killed solo by a hunter, he drops an item on the ground you loot. I'm just eager for him to be solo'd so we can either cross it off the list and move on or figure out how best to "twink" our hunters.

I feel bad because I'm betting the devs were excited about giving us a fun secret with a cool reward, but honestly I lost patience and wonder like, the Saturday after the patch and really just want the stupid thing now.