Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Iowawolf wrote:Once the right way is found then there may be friendship crawg groups forming like how players helped others get the bird and moose as much as I want a crawg I am going to wait till the real way is found by then hunters won't be in a bad place like they are now so getting a group shouldn't be that hard. And yes this is a dumb move on their part not everyone likes to raid but there are times we have to suck it up.
The fear is that it's supposed to be a low drop rate... that would nullify any grouping for it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

And, obviously, the low droprate for it isn’t working. If it was then someone by now would’ve gotten it. This same thing happened with the Talbuk Meat. The meat itself wouldn’t drop in the ptr and so no one could test it. No testing led to the taming method being unreliable.

This is more than just one bad decision on Blizz’s part. This whole xpac has been 95% bad decisions. This is just the latest one.

And, honestly, before anyone says “calm down”, we have been giving Blizz chance after chance this xpac and they keep messing up.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect good quality control in a product that we pay for, both upfront and monthly.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I mean, yeah this is pretty bad. I'm usually pretty chill or even defending Blizzard on some of their choices (maybe its the eternal optimist in me). But this...

They know by now what things have actually resulted in players (specifically Hunters) enjoy when it comes to rare pet tames/trick tames/whatever-you-wanna-call-these. Originally we just had "rare spawns" and while that is still a staple of many Hunter pets, it wasn't a resounding success overall since some families became almost entirely "rare spawns" and locked out players (WotLK Spirit Beasts).

Some of the things we do know that were fun/interesting (yes maybe frustrating but during the content it was released, was actually enjoyed by many Hunters) and actually brought in some members of the non-Hunter community to participate at times.
- Ban'thalos requiring you to land on one specific tree from a great height.
- Ankha and Agria requiring Hunters to strip-tame in order to tame the pets.
- Gara and her questline.
- The Fel Wolf requiring a Hunter to solo the mob.
- Spirit Beast Porcupines that required some training/solo work before they could be tamed.
- Portent and the other "Track and Flare" rares that spawn throughout the world.
- Tome of Dinomancy to tame Direhorns.
- Friender the mecha-wolf that required some Gnomeregan puzzles.
- N.U.T.Z. the Mecha-Squirrel that required a few goblin-lab shenanigans.

I mean the list can go on if I wanted to, and of course, I could be wrong and some people ABSOLUTELY HATED THESE (and that's ok too!) but my point is this:

All of those above things are different and involved Hunters doing something other than 'Hit Tame Beast' to get a new pet. Some of those methods have been replicated and re-used (especially the Track & Flare or Solo-Mobs-Til-They're-Tameable methods) for more than one beast, but overall there was basically a better way to do this than locking an entire pet family behind a heroic raid.

And I say that as someone who Heroic Raids. I love raiding. But I don't think an entire pet family should've been hidden behind it, whether it was a 'rare chance to drop' or a 'do something special during the fight'.

And like Valnaaros said, after the Talbuk Meat situation, these things shouldn't be so hidden it can't be thoroughly tested. Hunter Pet families are not 'on par' with the Hive-Mind or Riddler's Mind Worm.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Reports are in that it's been hotfixed!!!

Everyone is getting it 100% drop from Heroic Zul. There are also people saying this works from LFR now, I haven't had confirmation yet though.

It's still not a perfect solution but this is better than some random mystery or chance or mechanic.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Then that may have been the intended method for one to obtain it. Which means that it has been bugged this entire time. If it had been tested by an internal quality team then they would’ve found that it wasn’t dropping. It would’ve been found on day one and all of the time spent looking for it wouldn’t have been a waste.

I’m glad that it was quickly fixed. Glad that it is available outside of Heroic. But we cannot and should not just move on from this and pretend everything is fine. This shouldn’t have happened.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

I`m really really really sad this is how this tome turned out to be. How in the flying F no one looked that there was something odd about Hunters not getting this from H Zul?

Jesus Christ, Blizzard quality control is just dead.

Of all the amazing things we could`ve gotten, from a clickable item to a small blood entity fight.

No, just go kill H Zul.

Sigh
Vephriel

I'm very disappointed in the outcome of all this, I have a feeling that without the main staff in the office over the holidays this is what they had to resort to as an easy fix.

I'm mostly upset that all of the hinting and secretive vibe around this whole thing ends up as just a static drop. I'm happy that it's available now for everyone, I'd rather it be this than a buggy impossible mess, but this whole situation should have been handled much, much better. :(
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm crossing my fingers that it just drops in all difficulties. Friend of mine said the Secret Finders are checking. I'd be totally less unhappy with the whole thing if it just dropped off any level of Uldir Zul. I feel like that's just wishful thinking, however. I won't be able to get in a group just for this dang thing for a while at best if it's only Heroic. I also don't like feeling like I'd be dragging down a group from lack of experience.

I CAN raid. I have before. I just don't like it so my overall disappointment level that this wasn't some fun hide and seek item in the world is still there.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel

It sounds like Normal mode is also dropping it, so Normal and Heroic Zul are 100% drops at this moment (not in LFR it seems),
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Bleeeeeeeeeeeh. If it's not on LFR, I guess I'll be waiting for a while until the raid is trivial enough I can get in a chill run group later in the xpac.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Thwip wrote:Bleeeeeeeeeeeh. If it's not on LFR, I guess I'll be waiting for a while until the raid is trivial enough I can get in a chill run group later in the xpac.
Same here...I just dont raid anymore. Really sucks it's stuck behind something like that. gg Blizz..

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Skor
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Skor »

It does not drop from LFR. Sadly I killed heroic Zuul yesterday so it's either pug normal or wait until next week. :(
Vephriel

I have just confirmed that the tome is account wide! I went to test on one of my alt hunters, who has never stepped foot in Uldir, and he had no problem running up and taming a crawg. :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

*facepalm*

Merry...Christmas....

:roll: :(

I mean, it's great that people can get it but....god, this was so badly handled and so many people wasted days looking for something that didn't exist.
Last edited by Teigan on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Normal/Heroic probably Mythic level needed aside:

I have mixed feelings. Ahaha. Thanks for the update, Veph!
Attachments
finally-some-good-heckin-news.jpg
finally-some-good-heckin-news.jpg (122.55 KiB) Viewed 3660 times

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Haha, now we just need them to make a rare tame beast with this model as part of the family, and we're all set.
:lol:
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I hope they put it in lfr too I'm still mad I almost uninstalled my game I got so upset probably an over reaction, but it just feels wrong. Blizzard feels like EA now makes me want to wash my hands just thinking about them.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Not an over reaction.

We were told we were getting an entire new family, one that was pretty highly anticipated. In 8.1 the tome needed to learn the secret crawg handshake was supposedly implemented, but next to nothing offered as to how to obtain it. One hunter managed to find it - in an unintended way. Now, it's a drop off Zul. But there's a catch, because this wouldn't be BfA without a catch.

It's Zul, in the raid. But, it seems, not in LFR! Even Legion artifact appearances had a CHANCE to drop in LFR. So this means that pug groups will be inundated with hunters applying, trying to get the tome. I expect a lot of groups are still saying "no hunters", but I haven't checked. "Well the hunter can start their own group!" Yes, they can. But how many groups do hunters need to start, and are there enough tanks/healers for all those hunter-started/hunter heavy groups?

People who do not raid, in any way, are completely out of luck. Normally I'd shrug and say "Hey, some things are obtained from specific routes". But this is an ENTIRE FAMILY, locked behind a raid boss that you can't even do a quick in, kill, loot, out on. And the raid in question? Gonna be old news in a month. My guild has already quit raiding Uldir, so all the time it COULD HAVE been dropping, it wasn't, and now I'm at the mercy of PUGs or really bored guildies.. And with the holidays, I'm guessing a lot of ppl are taking time off, further deleting queue numbers.

My last complaint? No reward for the non-raiding players who spent so, so much time trying to find it.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Glad it drops on Normal at least, though I don't know why LFR would be excluded at this point. Seems like forcing an arbitrary restrictions for it's own sake. They dropped mounts from LFR in Legion, but I guess the pet family time crosses the line now.

I wonder how itll go over to have a bunch of non raiding hunters jump into a raid they know nothing about and have no interest in learning. What could go wrong :lol:

I just dont understand these design directions.