8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nice! Glad they got it fixed :)

Btw, it looks like Hati isn't able to do any damage. I sent him against some mobs and he never actually did any damage unless I used Kill Command.

All of the toys datamined yesterday can be bought from a vendor named Clockwerk at the Temple of Storms, but none of them currently work.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Is Hati a wolf or a spirit beast? I'd assume the former, but it'd be nice if he was the latter so he'd be useful.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

He is a Spirit Beast.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm working on a guide and would appreciate feedback:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/guides/savinghati.php

Any incorrect info? Too many images? Need better images?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Looks good Wain :D :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Important info I need: are Hati colours missing if you haven't done the corresponding Legion achievement? All 6 are available to me, but I can't remember doing every last achievement for the 5 Hati colours in Legion. Maybe I did.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Any idea if those achievements are counted account-wide? I'd assume so, since the artifacts are moggable account-wide. I have an extra 120 hunter that didn't do any of them that I can check with, if they aren't.
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Wait so we can't change his name?? That bites :( Even Gara we got to change her name.

Is the hidden appearance available? Or is now locked solely behind the mage tower?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep, the guide looks good to me. Nice job, Wain :D

I can’t verify if Hati colors are missing since I have them all.

The pvp achieves are account-wide, but the Hidden Appearance (which is still obtainable), the Mage Tower, Balance of Power, and the Class Campaign achieves are not.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I kinda like the no-name-change thing. Hati is just Hati :)

I had been wondering if I should suggest that we just tame Hati once, but then change the colour at the Temple. But the beauty of the current system is that hunters who use second pets can have two Hati colours out at once.

The mage tower achievement is gone. So, if it's required for the new Hati then hunters who missed it will never be able to get that colour. But hopefully it's not. It's just something we haven't confirmed yet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aren’t the MT Hati and the Hidden Appearance Hati the same?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Aren’t the MT Hati and the Hidden Appearance Hati the same?
Oh were they? I honestly lost track.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think so. I know that there were two artifact appearances that used the same Hati, and I think that it was those two.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:Aren’t the MT Hati and the Hidden Appearance Hati the same?
Yes they are. I confirmed it long ago back when I thought it was a mistake in Legion. But at least now even if people missed the Mage Tower, all colors of Hati are completely obtainable in BFA.

To clarify, both Mage Tower and Hidden Appearance use the Dark Blue Hati.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh that's good then :) Even if it is achievement restricted, there won't be any Hati appearance that is unattainable.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:Oh that's good then :) Even if it is achievement restricted, there won't be any Hati appearance that is unattainable.
Yep, I would like to suggest that on the guide you're making (linked above) I would put for Dark Blue Hati "Serpentbite and Titan's Reach", so that way people realize that color is available still through the Hidden Appearance (named Titan's Reach).

Wowhead missed it in their graphic (at least awhile back) and just added a text-only note with that info and it completely got glossed over by a lot of people in my experience (a lot of people still seem to think Dark Blue is MT only). So might help our Petopians a bit more?

Just a thought though, the guide looks really good either way :D

Edit: I stg I tell myself to write SerpentBITE but always write SerpentSTRIKE. I guess in my head Serpentstrike sounds better lmao

Also I just noticed that the name on the PTR only mentions Serpentbite. Perhaps extra feedback to PTR that they need to add the "Titan's Reach" name flag to the color selections. While MT and Hidden Appearance share the same Hati (as in Legion), if they don't properly flag the HA in the name selections, there's a good chance it could go live as being only MT when it definitely was not in Legion.

Man I hope that made sense, sorry :(

Edit 2:
To clarify my bad way of writing.

The Hidden Appearance should have its own "selection" or share the selection with the MT choice and be listed. My concern is if devs aren't aware that 2 Artifact Appearances share the same Hati, that the Dark Blue Hati option will remain flagged incorrectly as "MT only".

I'll be adding my own feedback on PTR about this, if that is the case. I'll test with my alt Hunter on PTR tonight. She didn't complete the MT (my main did) but did complete Hidden Appearance. If she can't access Dark Blue, then I'll know that the choice is bugged (since she absolutely should have Dark Blue).

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Since Hati has a static name, it makes me want them to provide something for us to use the wild NPC name of our pets. I don't rename Spirit Beasts from what their actual names are, and it drives me bonkers that I can't rename Loque to have the apostrophe. At least they have the tech in place for this to be a thing now.

Also, is Hati a color changer that you can swap models for, or are there actually six alternate NPCs you can tame? I only want one color, but it'd be neat if it was a pet you could change the colors of instead of having to bloat your stable with six pets. If it is multiples though, we can finally have double Hati, even if the Animal Companion talent is total trash.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Anyone with Skoll want to test if the lightning howl thing Artifact Hati did, only to Skoll, to see if it was implemented to this one? :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rawr on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, each Hati color is an entirely separate npc that is spawned by the Thunderspark. So, if you want all of them, you will end up needing six open stable slots.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

I am reading some comments on Wowhead while installing the PTR again to do my own testing, but it looks like someone is reporting the Dark Blue Hati appearance is incorrectly being only linked to having done the Mage Tower and not recognizing the Hidden Appearance at all (despite the Legion status of Serpentbite and Titan's Reach sharing the same Hati color). I'm still going to test to verify for myself, but if this is the case, I hope we can get some dev's attention to fix that.

Edit: Apparently won't be able to. There's an error specifically affecting "newly created" PTR accounts. haha.. that's my luck alright XD