8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by worgpower »

Every time I ride hati, the effects of the toys disappear and have to wait every minute to re-ride Hati
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Almost got my good boy storm mutt reformed yay but it got me thinking before I do this task on the PTR there was a amazing cutscene that showed our hunters taming the guy then he comes over to us head butting us as if to say thank you is there a way to see this cutscene again after we tame him or is it one and done being a monumental feat for us hunters I hope we can watch this again and again.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not that I'm aware. Just the one time.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Not that I'm aware. Just the one time.
Oh bummer thank you for reply at least I shall have my good boy to remind me of our struggle.
ma3lstrom
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by ma3lstrom »

Wain wrote:BTW, currently some people may have trouble completing the chain. In the last stage (Homeward Bound, where you speak to Thorim to get access to the rest of the Hati colours) Thorim is missing / phased out for some players. This is a copy of my bug report:

I tested this out today and I believe this is an issue for anyone who has followed the zone quest chain up to the point where Thorim is abducted by Loken. What I found:

- I completed most of the Hati chain (up to just before handing in Homeward Bound) on a character that hadn’t done many of the Storm Peaks quests, and I could see Thorim fine.
- I didn’t hand the final quest in, but instead picked up his low-level quest “Veranus” and followed that chain up to the point where Thorim is abducted by Loken.
- I then returned to the Shrine of Storms and found Thorim was missing. I could see his quest marker, I could even see the Hati-related mechagnomes, but not him.
- Finally, I completed the story through Halls of Lightning and Ulduar (every boss, including Thorim) and even completed the Reply Code Alpha followup quest, but Thorim is still phased.
- I can’t think of anything else to complete, so this may currently be a permanent phasing issue.

The designers are aware of it, so hopefully it'll be working for everyone by patch launch.
I had this phasing bug today on live on a hunter that did all of Storm Peaks. The Homeward Bound quest marker is there and so were the gnomes, but no Thorim.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Well this is unfortunate. The Hati damage bug is back. Melee attack damage only. Couldn't figure out why he stopped holding any threat til I looked at the damage meter. It was working earlier today, now completely broken for me.

edit: working again. Super inconsistent. Don't trust it in a M+ or raid yet.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Finished the quest chain today, and as someone who didn't really care about Hati during Legion, I have to say I really really enjoyed this. :) The cutscene we got was especially heartwarming, I appreciate how much work was put into this considering only a small fraction of players will ever see it.

Maybe it's because he wasn't "forced" on us this time, but completing this little adventure made him feel much more special to me, and even if I don't use him very often, I'm happy to have him in my stable in a colour of my own choosing.

Kudos to all the developers who worked on this for us, it was a really unique chain and I'm happy I saved it until now to see.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

I agree, this chain was so sweet and heartwarming. I almost never used naked Hati in legion because I loved the model and didn’t want to become attached to something temporary. So pleased to now have them all in my stable. I enjoyed raiding with them last night - they are truly lovely models and the toys are really fun. The mounting aspect is particularly cool, though frustrating that it is wiped upon zoning and sometimes seemingly randomly (like we went into a building together an POOF the buff is gone). But that’s ok. The fetch ball is so fun! And it’s worth using a mounting item for a long run across a zone.
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Thank you all for the "how to" and tips :D
I've got my pets and mount ability:

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

After a long day running around killing things and being an all around good boy Hati finally fell asleep just love how he hogs the bed silly good boy.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I do hope they fix the mount buff, as it gets wiped every time Hati goes into an area you can't mount in. If they can't find a way to fix it then maybe making the item into an actual Toy so we stop wasting gold. Other than that I'm pleased with the pet. I loved the quest chain and story! They did an amazing job on this one.
ImageImage
lymang
Realm: Alexstrasza-US

Unread post by lymang »

I loved the end result of the quest, getting Hati back. I hated the fights. They were an exercise in frustration. I felt like the game was saying "you suck as a player, and you suck as a hunter." I am fairly confident with my hunter skills, i know how to use them, do interrupts etc. I died a lot. It seemed to me that it was either set up for much more highly geared players or I just actually didn't understand it, or I really do suck. I did get Hati and I am super happy about that but the process of getting him was not fun to me at all.