8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Gameplay-wise, the Artifacts are still in our bags. I still have all of my Artifacts and I know many that also do.

Lorewise, the Artifacts were either drained of power (Xal’atath) or were destroyed (Titanstrike). Due to Hati being connected to Titanstrike, he was killed when we absorbed the power of Sargeras’ sword.
Hrm. I wonder what happened to mine. It’s not in my bags or bank and I can’t find it in item restore. I never intentionally deleted it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Gameplay-wise, the Artifacts are still in our bags. I still have all of my Artifacts and I know many that also do.

Lorewise, the Artifacts were either drained of power (Xal’atath) or were destroyed (Titanstrike). Due to Hati being connected to Titanstrike, he was killed when we absorbed the power of Sargeras’ sword.
Hrm. I wonder what happened to mine. It’s not in my bags or bank and I can’t find it in item restore. I never intentionally deleted it.
I still have all 3 of my hunter artifacts in my bank. You can't even delete them, if you try it says 'this item cannot be destroyed', so I can't imagine how you got rid of yours. D:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Hrm. I wonder what happened to mine. It’s not in my bags or bank and I can’t find it in item restore. I never intentionally deleted it.
YOU HAD ONE JOB ;)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:

A few people have had this problem, and it seems to be some UI error where the info isn't being displayed properly (sometimes for to add-on, even after it's turned off, though some had the problem after spec changing with a fishing pole lol).

If you Google "Artifact Weapon Disappeared", you'll see there's quite a few forums covering it. Most of them had different things that resolved the issue.

Of course, you can always open a ticket too.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Did you put it in void storage? it's been so long since I used it, I forget what the rules are about what we can and can't stick in there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You can’t put it in void storage, but good thought :). And hanks Rikaku I’ll check out the issue you mention, maybe it’s just hidden. So weird. I have my other two artefacts still but not that one. I thought maybe it was destroyed as part of the game because I was using it when I did that final part of the Legion quest that inactivates your weapon.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Once this quest hits live, I'll might sub again! I'm waiting for Hati and playable Zandalari Troll.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Quiv wrote:If memory serves, only the challenge mode appearance (blue hati variant) is the only one unobtainable now right? None of the others got removed, we can still go back and do Balance of power I would imagine.
So I would assume it would be wise to do Balance of Power before this questline? Or can you go back and tame different Hati's later?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:
Quiv wrote:If memory serves, only the challenge mode appearance (blue hati variant) is the only one unobtainable now right? None of the others got removed, we can still go back and do Balance of power I would imagine.
So I would assume it would be wise to do Balance of Power before this questline? Or can you go back and tame different Hati's later?
While the quest isn't completable yet (or nobody has worked out how), it seems unlikely that it would permanently block you from Hati colours that you gained access to *after* you did the new chain. If it turns out to be that way I hope they'd later fix it.

I'm now glad I did the mage tower boss on my hunter. In the end it was the only character I did it on. The fights for some bosses were absurdly more difficult than others and I simply didn't care enough about most of the artifact appearances to try that hard. Plus, I was too busy with BfA website stuff to put in all the hours.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

According to what was datamined, you can go back and tame the other Hati's if you chose to not tame them or if you unlock them later on.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote:You can’t put it in void storage, but good thought :). And hanks Rikaku I’ll check out the issue you mention, maybe it’s just hidden. So weird. I have my other two artefacts still but not that one. I thought maybe it was destroyed as part of the game because I was using it when I did that final part of the Legion quest that inactivates your weapon.
Apparently it's now appearing in my bank! I had been staying with a friend and his client has a few addons I don't use and I wonder if the culprit was one of them :P
Nekosan
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Unread post by Nekosan »

SOrry to bother you but...
how can we start this questline ?
I couldn't find anything on the PTR still running in circle ^^'
there is some prerequisite ?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nekosan wrote:SOrry to bother you but...
how can we start this questline ?
I couldn't find anything on the PTR still running in circle ^^'
there is some prerequisite ?
It’s not just you. None of us have found it yet :(. It’s possible it’s not fully implemented yet. Or it’s possible it triggers from a hidden source that nobody has found, or from a raid. We just don’t know.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It seems that despite what Blizz said in the Blue Post for the most recent ptr build, you cannot yet test the Hati Questline. Or like what Wain said, there is a hidden trigger or something for the questline. Maybe we'll see something in the next build.
Nekosan
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Unread post by Nekosan »

AAAAAhhhhh
Thanks guys you're my super Heroes !

:)
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Sooo do you just need to unlock one on each tier to get the color?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Correct. For example, you just need to complete the Balance of Power questline to unlock that color for Hati.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I hope the actual implementation of the beasts and taming them is a little interesting. I am super glad we are getting them. I would love something flavorful like Hati walking around Storm Peaks in one of the colors. Like a user friendly non-frustrating version of Madexx. Just feels flavorful and cool to me for Hati to be back wandering the wilds, and an implementation that requires a little hunting isn't a bad thing. But if its just a matter of landing on the platform, selecting 1 of 6 colors and clicking tame, I guess thats better than nothing! This might even require instancing given how unique it is.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Going by the dialogue, you basically just go to a machine and choose which color you want and it is summoned. Not terribly special, but better than nothing. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Today's build has introduced a lot of new fun (and some not so fun) things for Hati.

Broken Bond: Hati does not recognize you, pouncing at an exposed weak point, killing you instantly.

Charged Sparkstone: Bring out the latent power in Hati's lightning, visually enhancing Hati's abilities.

Ironspine Protocol: Enhance Hati's size and constitution, allowing mounting.

Jolt Jerky: Feed Hati a special treat, healing a small amount of damage.
Sometimes, Hati may become too excited and viciously lick your face, dealing Nature damage.

Rubber Ball: Throw the ball for Hati.

Voltweave Fez: Give the fez to Hati.