8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by Wain »

Rikaku wrote: Edit 2:
To clarify my bad way of writing.

The Hidden Appearance should have its own "selection" or share the selection with the MT choice and be listed. My concern is if devs aren't aware that 2 Artifact Appearances share the same Hati, that the Dark Blue Hati option will remain flagged incorrectly as "MT only".

I'll be adding my own feedback on PTR about this, if that is the case. I'll test with my alt Hunter on PTR tonight. She didn't complete the MT (my main did) but did complete Hidden Appearance. If she can't access Dark Blue, then I'll know that the choice is bugged (since she absolutely should have Dark Blue).
I thought they simply wanted to simplify it. Adding two options for the same colour would just be more confusing. If they do restrict it to the ones you know then maybe there would be some value to that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If I were writing the text, I would have "Which essence would you like to summon?" and then just the names for the choices.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:
Rikaku wrote: Edit 2:
To clarify my bad way of writing.

The Hidden Appearance should have its own "selection" or share the selection with the MT choice and be listed. My concern is if devs aren't aware that 2 Artifact Appearances share the same Hati, that the Dark Blue Hati option will remain flagged incorrectly as "MT only".

I'll be adding my own feedback on PTR about this, if that is the case. I'll test with my alt Hunter on PTR tonight. She didn't complete the MT (my main did) but did complete Hidden Appearance. If she can't access Dark Blue, then I'll know that the choice is bugged (since she absolutely should have Dark Blue).
I thought they simply wanted to simplify it. Adding two options for the same colour would just be more confusing. If they do restrict it to the ones you know then maybe there would be some value to that.
Yeah, that makes sense. Hopefully the PTR gets sorta stablized (or allows some premades) so I can test the "Hidden Appearance Only still can get Dark Blue Hati" experiment myself rather than potentially misread some Wowhead comments or something. Since sometimes, I can do that when I meant well lmao

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Just went through the ptr questline and glad I did. I thought we'd tame Hati and then the thunder spark device would let us change his hues. Unfortunately instead, we now have to tame each color we want to keep. Which means if you want all 5? 6? of the colors you'll have 6 or so wolves to add to your stable. I don't really have that much room, fortunately I only really wanted two of the hues but that's a bummer :( So when you do it, make sure you empty your stable whistle so you can tame all the hues you want. Sure you can come back and forth any time you want but that's a pita to do every time you want to swap out.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Hati can now be mounted :D

Hati with a fez

The Jolt Jerky heals Hati and can occasionally cause him to deal a small amount of damage to you.

The Rubber Ball can be thrown at a targeted location. Hati will run and attack it, but doesn't bring it back.

The fez appears to be a permanent change to Hati's appearance. I haven't found any way of removing it. Will get him killed and see if that removes it.

The Ironspine Protocal allows you to mount Hati for 1 hour. You can have 5 units of the item.

The Charged Sparkstone causes Hati's attack to give off electric sparks and occasionally he'll make blue claw marks in the air in front of him. Spirit Mend is changed to create an electrical spark effect around the one being healed. Spirit Shock fires a blast of electrical energy. Survival of the Fittest creates a barrier of electrical energy around you and Hati. Lasts for 1 hour.

Hati also can still not deal any damage unless you use Kill Command.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Hope that attack damage thing is fixed soon, but the rest looks really cool! Though, I think mount Hati might need to be scaled up a tad. He looks really small in that pic (or at least, for a Draenei lol)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed, he should be a bit bigger lol. But hopefully this is the start of mountable hunter pets. Obviously not all Hunter pets can or should be mountable, but they shouldn't make it something unique to Hati.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

As long as this mounted pet tech goes towards me riding my Teroclaw Chick, I'll be ecstatic. Mount Hati is also a bit small, and the really bad posture that most races have while mounted will look incredibly bad with Hati due to the lack of a saddle, but this is a step in the right direction.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Personally, I hope the mounting item ends up allowing you to buy more than 5 at a time. 5 hours before returning to Storm Peaks is not bad, but eh, I'm spoiled, I guess. :P
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Ok so... I assume the object that let you match Hati's appearance to another pet doesn't work (and therefore give you a mountable anything)? :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I can’t get the quest, it just gives me the essence swapper quest, why?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

worgpower wrote:I can’t get the quest, it just gives me the essence swapper quest, why?
Are you attempting this on the PTR servers? Currently it's not on live, it'll be coming in 8.1.5. If you are on the PTR realm then I apologize, just trying to rule out the obvious!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote:I can’t get the quest, it just gives me the essence swapper quest, why?
Hmmm. Are you level 120? How much of the hunter Legion story did you complete? I’m curious how much is required.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I copied my level 120 hunter that I played a lot, still gives me that quest, I did complete the campaign and get the class mount, but I made the hunter on BFA prepatch

Edit: I just completed the essence swapper quest, it’s just the Spark of Genius won’t appear
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Strange :( Is it possible hunters created since the BfA pre-patch can't do this quest? Does anyone else have a hunter created in that time period (who has also done the Legion campaign) who can confirm? It's always possible some key component of the quest chain is missing for hunters created after that time point.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If that is the case, I won’t rely on it until it’s fixed and I’ll save timewarped badges for the Beastlord’s Warwolf since they have the same animations and skeletons
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A cutscene for the reformation of Hati has been added in the most recent ptr build.

Can view it here.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Copied my main hunter over to PTR the same hunter who has class mounts all three has essence swapper has class hall fully unlocked and the guy just looks at me saying something about Titanstrike there is no quest which bums me because I really wanted to see Hati again.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I have also copied my main hunter, it just didn’t work, I tried race changing, and even faction changing, if it won’t work on live, im going to have to wait until May to get the WOD timewalking mount
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Game designer Johnny Cash replied!

It's because the quests have been moved to Images of Mimiron in Boralus and Zuldazar.

Attachments
hatiquestchangetweet.png
hatiquestchangetweet.png (749.36 KiB) Viewed 3666 times