8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Wain wrote:Game designer Johnny Cash replied!

It's because the quests have been moved to Images of Mimiron in Boralus and Zuldazar.
Thank you so much for posting this makes sense they moved it because we are not in Legion anymore.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated our Saving Hati guide with the new locations.

Essentially:

The Alliance one is easy to find - right outside the Snug Harbor Inn.

The Horde one is more out of the way: take a flight to the Grand Bazaar, by the docks, then head over to the western tier (just over the other side of the stairway from the flight point).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

My desire for the brown hati is quickly thrown out because how much I hate pvp lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I hope blizz does not fix but the hati you mount can still be called out, making it viable for going questing, and battlegrounds, and they still need to add damage to hati’s attacks
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

sasrei7 wrote:My desire for the brown hati is quickly thrown out because how much I hate pvp lol.
According to the PTR once you do the quest it unlocks all six skins unless they change it on live.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Reunited and it feels so good.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote:
sasrei7 wrote:My desire for the brown hati is quickly thrown out because how much I hate pvp lol.
According to the PTR once you do the quest it unlocks all six skins unless they change it on live.
Yep, it looks like you don't need to have completed particular artifact unlocks in Legion :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay!! Also noticed they added a stable master to the Storm Tower , so you swap out Hatis and other pets as needed when you tame!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Talihawk wrote:Yay!! Also noticed they added a stable master to the Storm Tower , so you swap out Hatis and other pets as needed when you tame!
That's both good and bad news for me. Good because stable masters are literally Jesus to us Hunters, and bad because I had 50+ of those portable stables already. I still have never needed to use them. Feels bad.
WorgenHunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by WorgenHunter »

Seeing the skoll/hati pic I'm curious. Does hati still walk over and Zap skoll or is that animation not around?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

WorgenHunter wrote:Seeing the skoll/hati pic I'm curious. Does hati still walk over and Zap skoll or is that animation not around?
I am not sure right now why I am trying it will experiment more but I also hope he does it since it was so cute watching Hati zap poor Skoll.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

BTW, currently some people may have trouble completing the chain. In the last stage (Homeward Bound, where you speak to Thorim to get access to the rest of the Hati colours) Thorim is missing / phased out for some players. This is a copy of my bug report:

I tested this out today and I believe this is an issue for anyone who has followed the zone quest chain up to the point where Thorim is abducted by Loken. What I found:

- I completed most of the Hati chain (up to just before handing in Homeward Bound) on a character that hadn’t done many of the Storm Peaks quests, and I could see Thorim fine.
- I didn’t hand the final quest in, but instead picked up his low-level quest “Veranus” and followed that chain up to the point where Thorim is abducted by Loken.
- I then returned to the Shrine of Storms and found Thorim was missing. I could see his quest marker, I could even see the Hati-related mechagnomes, but not him.
- Finally, I completed the story through Halls of Lightning and Ulduar (every boss, including Thorim) and even completed the Reply Code Alpha followup quest, but Thorim is still phased.
- I can’t think of anything else to complete, so this may currently be a permanent phasing issue.

The designers are aware of it, so hopefully it'll be working for everyone by patch launch.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

ohhh thank God lol, I am not a good pvper lol.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Wain wrote:BTW, currently some people may have trouble completing the chain. In the last stage (Homeward Bound, where you speak to Thorim to get access to the rest of the Hati colours) Thorim is missing / phased out for some players. This is a copy of my bug report:

I tested this out today and I believe this is an issue for anyone who has followed the zone quest chain up to the point where Thorim is abducted by Loken. What I found:

- I completed most of the Hati chain (up to just before handing in Homeward Bound) on a character that hadn’t done many of the Storm Peaks quests, and I could see Thorim fine.
- I didn’t hand the final quest in, but instead picked up his low-level quest “Veranus” and followed that chain up to the point where Thorim is abducted by Loken.
- I then returned to the Shrine of Storms and found Thorim was missing. I could see his quest marker, I could even see the Hati-related mechagnomes, but not him.
- Finally, I completed the story through Halls of Lightning and Ulduar (every boss, including Thorim) and even completed the Reply Code Alpha followup quest, but Thorim is still phased.
- I can’t think of anything else to complete, so this may currently be a permanent phasing issue.

The designers are aware of it, so hopefully it'll be working for everyone by patch launch.
Yep, this is still bugged for me. I haven't done every Storm Peaks quest, but probably the majority of them. Getting kinda worried since the patch is in less than a week.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cross fingers they can hot fix it. Johnny Cash is aware of my report anyway :)
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

Phasing for Thorim seems to be fixed today. Still need to fix Kill Command, Claw, and Stomp doing no damage though.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wanted to post this here because it has to relate to the quest we get to finally have our lovable annoying storm mutt Hati back.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyCashGames/sta ... 2975706112

I tweeted the guy who made the quest saying thank you so much being part of the #savehati movement it feels awesome knowing they listened to us and didn't kill our mutt off forever.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

Damage bug is also now fixed. Looks like Hati is good to go for Tuesday.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bendak wrote:Damage bug is also now fixed. Looks like Hati is good to go for Tuesday.
My gods, that was fast!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It looks like the toys still don't work on the initial version of Hati (from the Spark of Imagination).