8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: 8.1.5 will introduce a Hati questline

Unread post by pop »

Castile wrote:I never used Hati as himself (always essence swapped to another pet) so I won't be in a rush for this but I'm happy for those that wanted him back to get a chance to tame him.
They only reason I never used Hati's model was because they was an item that can be used to swap Hati into our current active pet, there wasn't a way to replicate Hati's look for our active pet.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Sooo the Hati quest line is not active yet, right?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Shade wrote:Sooo the Hati quest line is not active yet, right?
On Live? No, and it is far from complete on the ptr. 8.1.5 and everything in it is still rather incomplete and my guess is that it'll deploy late Feb at the earliest.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289893/8-1 ... brawlers-g
We’re updating the PTR with a new build today, and with it comes several new things to test.

Many new quests are now ready. These include questlines for the Alliance and Horde War Campaigns, Magni’s future, and Hunters’ reunion with Hati.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:https://www.wowhead.com/news=289893/8-1 ... brawlers-g
We’re updating the PTR with a new build today, and with it comes several new things to test.

Many new quests are now ready. These include questlines for the Alliance and Horde War Campaigns, Magni’s future, and Hunters’ reunion with Hati.

Sweet! This is definitely something I'll have to put up a special guide page for, once it's available.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It has been available since the first build, which has been out for two weeks now, but it isn't complete. Here is what I posted about it before.

"You go with Brann to speak with Mimiron regarding Hati and what happened to him. Mimiron runs some tests and finds that Hati was killed in Silithus and that his essence is now split in two and located in places where he have personal sacrifice: Storm Peaks and Silithus.

You go with Brann to meet with Thorim and, with his help, are able to find Hati. However, Hati’s Essence is confused and aggressive when you find him. After fighting him, you use the Thunderspark (Titanstrike’s power source) to calm him and absorb him into it. Mimiron shows up and you give him back the Thunderspark."

The quest ends there for the time being. There is supposed to be another part involving Silithus, but it isn't out yet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks like Hunters will get a letter from Death Hunter Moorgoth at Trueshot concerning Hati.

NEW Huntmaster %n,

No doubt your adventures in new lands keep you very busy, but a matter has arisen at the Trueshot Lodge that I fear requires someone of your unique expertise.

I hope you will meet me at the hunter's hall with all available haste. A dear friend of mine is in danger!

Cordially yours,

Death Hunter Moorgoth

P.S. I am much less fixated on death these days, but everyone knows my title, and such things are difficult to shake once established. I'm certain you understand.

Edit: Nvm. It looks like you help him with rescuing that Dark Ranger that he liked.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:It has been available since the first build, which has been out for two weeks now, but it isn't complete. Here is what I posted about it before.

"You go with Brann to speak with Mimiron regarding Hati and what happened to him. Mimiron runs some tests and finds that Hati was killed in Silithus and that his essence is now split in two and located in places where he have personal sacrifice: Storm Peaks and Silithus.

You go with Brann to meet with Thorim and, with his help, are able to find Hati. However, Hati’s Essence is confused and aggressive when you find him. After fighting him, you use the Thunderspark (Titanstrike’s power source) to calm him and absorb him into it. Mimiron shows up and you give him back the Thunderspark."

The quest ends there for the time being. There is supposed to be another part involving Silithus, but it isn't out yet.
Oh, I thought Wowhead's post meant that final part was coming out in the build today. But maybe not.
Vephriel

Perculia's found 6 essences of Hati, including the model that went unused:
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=151145/esse ... iewer:10+0

It sounds like we might be getting all of the colours as possibilities to tame? :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That’s very promising :). Which colour was the unused one? I forget.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I would really loved it if we had the options of which version / skin we get to tame. I liked the dark phase ones.
Vephriel

Wain wrote:That’s very promising :). Which colour was the unused one? I forget.
I'm fairly certain it's that dark grey one linked there! It was one of the grey ones. It's amazing how little info there was out there as to which Hati colours were linked to which weapons.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Was Titanstrike completely destroyed? I thought it was gimped but still existed as an item in our bags, but maybe I remembered that wrong. Mine is missing and I couldn't find it in item restore. (Also, item restore no longer has a filter and I had to search through 22 pages of items :P )
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Gameplay-wise, the Artifacts are still in our bags. I still have all of my Artifacts and I know many that also do.

Lorewise, the Artifacts were either drained of power (Xal’atath) or were destroyed (Titanstrike). Due to Hati being connected to Titanstrike, he was killed when we absorbed the power of Sargeras’ sword.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The rest of the quest line has been datamined.

After you collect all of the essences of Hati, you return to Mimiron in the Spark of Imagination and give him the Thunderspark. He then forces all of the essences of Hati back together, reforming him. You are then able to bond again with Hati (tame). There is a stable master nearby incase you don’t have room to tame him.

You are able to summon each essence of Hati, but only those that you have unlocked. So if you never finished the Balance of Power questline, then you cannot tame the light grey version of Hati. The dark grey Hati is also available as an essence called Hati’s sacrifice.

Essence of Hati - Elekk's Thunder- Balance of Power - Light Grey
Essence of Hati - Serpentbite - Mage Tower and Hidden Appearance - Dark Blue
Essence of Hati - Boarshot Cannon - PvP - Brown
Essence of Hati - Eaglewatch - Class Hall - Black
Essence of Hati - Hati's Sacrifice - Dark Grey
Essence of Hati - Titanstrike - Light Blue
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

If memory serves, only the challenge mode appearance (blue hati variant) is the only one unobtainable now right? None of the others got removed, we can still go back and do Balance of power I would imagine.

Edit: Just realized the challenge Hati appearance is the same as the hidden, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Valnaaros wrote:There is a stable master nearby incase you don’t have room to tame him.
Its the little things that mean a lot.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

Can anyone tell us if Hati is a spirit beast when tamed, or just a worg?

I'd like him to not be a spirit beast since I was BM in Legion, but switched to Surv for BfA and I miss him and would like him.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

He is still a Spirit Beast, which makes sense since he was a pet for BMs.
Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

If you unlocked all the appearances on one Hunter, do you think they would be available to alts?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That’s a good question. I haven’t seen any mention of whether that is the case or not.