Kul Tiran and Zandalari hunters' pets guessing game.

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
braunmar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Re: Kul Tiran and Zandalari hunters' pets guessing game.

Unread post by braunmar »

and the stone direhorn wins

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020519_183651.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020519_183651.jpg (222.86 KiB) Viewed 5146 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Really neat! Glad that a Horde allied race will be getting a unique pet :)

Kul Tirans, unsurprisingly, get a falcon

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

braunmar wrote:and the stone direhorn wins
That is pretty cool.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess I win! Yay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This also shows that the stone direhorns are on their radar now, so maybe we'll see all the colours in the game. There'll probably never be a better time to introduce them than right now, during an expansion set in Zandalar, since the stone direhorn mounts were all Zandalari.

I'd tame the dark blue and copper one in an instant. <3
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:Really neat! Glad that a Horde allied race will be getting a unique pet :)

Well, considering the order of ember npcs wear kul tiran questing mail armor sets, and they have falconers amongst their ranks, my head canon tells me that kul tiran hunters are witch hunters.
Last edited by pop on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:

I guess I win! Yay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This also shows that the stone direhorns are on their radar now, so maybe we'll see all the colours in the game. There'll probably never be a better time to introduce them than right now, during an expansion set in Zandalar, since the stone direhorn mounts were all Zandalari.

I'm honestly surprised of this choice: there isn't any precedence of zandalari rearing any stone direhorns in zandalar.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:I'm honestly surprised of this choice: there isn't any precedence of zandalari rearing any stone direhorns in zandalar.
They must have them hiding somewhere, since the Zandalari leaders that invaded Pandaria were riding stone direhorns. I suspect they just forgot about them when it came time to create Zandalar.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For those that have unlocked the Zandalari and KT allied races, could you please help me out by telling me the NPC IDs of your starter pets?

Essentially, target the pet and use the following macro on it:

Code: Select all

/run print("Target NPC Family: ", UnitCreatureFamily("target"), " ID: ", strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$"))
And let me know the result. Thank you! :)
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Zandalari:
"Target NPC Family: Direhorn ID: 151993"

Kul Tiran:
"Target NPC Family: Bird of Prey ID: 151994"
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Inay wrote:Zandalari:
"Target NPC Family: Direhorn ID: 151993"

Kul Tiran:
"Target NPC Family: Bird of Prey ID: 151994"
Awesome. Thanks! :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm happy since the Horde finally has something interesting to make us ignore the backstabbing and bad story, but I'm also upset that the chances of a stone Direhorn for my main are even lower right now. I sure hope they hurry up and make Void Stalkers, hot dogs, and Stone Direhorns available for everyone sooner than later. I don't care for the dog, but I really want the direhorn and void stalker on ONE character, not spread out across multiple characters. I'm a collector, not a neglectful orphanage owner. :(
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:
pop wrote:I'm honestly surprised of this choice: there isn't any precedence of zandalari rearing any stone direhorns in zandalar.
They must have them hiding somewhere, since the Zandalari leaders that invaded Pandaria were riding stone direhorns. I suspect they just forgot about them when it came time to create Zandalar.
I'm fine with direhorn, but 'm just a little bit disappointed they didn't go with the kind of aesthetic that is more in line and thematic with Zandalari civilisation: gold, the same way I am still disappointed that Lightforged Draenei hunters don't start with a Lightforged pet.

I really think it's cool that void elves get voidy warp stalker, and dark iron gets a blazing hound. So, I really wanted Zandalari to start with maybe at least direhorn clad in golden armor and golden accessories, or at least a gilded direhorn, or better yet, a stone direhorn but with golden markings and golden horns.

Something like this at least:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... -redarmour
It's red like the heritage armor, has golden armor, add well as blue green glow, Just like the feathers of the heritage armor and also Zandalari eyes.

The stone direhorn would be certainly even more fine if they added golden braces on its horns and legs.

Just my 2cents.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added the allied race info to the Patch 8.1.5 news page: http://www.wow-petopia.com/patch815.php

I did the allied race quests and unlocked both races on the PTR. The KT allied race chain had some great characterisations but I felt the activity side of it was really not up to par - a lot of 'clear this and that' in areas we had already cleared in the zone chains, i.e. just recycling of existing mob-heavy areas with no change to them, and it just went for way too long. It can't have taken even half of the 4 hours it felt like it went for, but I started to wonder if it was never going to end. It's a shame because the character story side of things was really good (especially part involving a wicker beast). The rest just needs pruning and streamlining.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Now that more allied races are getting unique starter pets, I feel kind of bothered by the ones that don't (lightforged draenei, highmountain tauren, etc)

If they're going to go that route I wish every one of them had that unique pet at least.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Vephriel wrote:Now that more allied races are getting unique starter pets, I feel kind of bothered by the ones that don't (lightforged draenei, highmountain tauren, etc)

If they're going to go that route I wish every one of them had that unique pet at least.
Same. I wish that they had made the decision for every allied race to have a unique starter pet. Sadly, it is too late to change it for the races that don’t. Any HM, LF, NB, and Mag’har Hunter that was created before the change would be unable to acquire the new pet, unless they added it as a mob in their starting area.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

I'm going to be completely honest, I love the decision they made with both of the race's pets. That stone direhorn is awesome, but that color of the Falcon was the one I wanted ever since I did the questline in Drustvar with Winston the falcon, and so I'm so glad that I get to have my very own now. :D
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Really neat! Glad that a Horde allied race will be getting a unique pet :)

Well, considering the order of ember npcs wear kul tiran questing mail armor sets, and they have falconers amongst their ranks, my head canon tells me that kul tiran hunters are witch hunters.
I find myself... very infuriated by this....

I have been hoping and praying for a tameable version of the bird ever since it was released and now the only way (that we know of so far) to get it is to MAKE YET ANOTHER HUNTER FROM SCRATCH?!

I love playing my hunters, don't get me wrong, but I have....so many hunters now that I can't even count them all. I level them to the max level and then I spend most of my time on my main hunter, it feels like such a waste, ugh.

Disappointed bliz, severely by this. I really hope they make a tameable version of this skin-its the only real bird model outside of Banthalos that I've ever had a strong interest in. :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hope they’ll eventually add generally available versions of all the unique starter pets.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, these are great! Kinda wish I could get that bird some other way though, since it was my favorite of them.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:I guess I win! Yay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and me both! They have no problems in the past updating "older" content with pet related stuff (like the spirit porcupines added to mainland pandaria in 5.2 when that patch focused heavily on isle of thunder and giants), so its not out of the question for them to add the stone direhorn colors around Zandalar in 8.2 or beyond.

I just hope this is a hint of things to come because this xpac is the time to do it. fingers, toes, ears, eyes, legs, arms, dogs, cats all crossed hoping!