An Idea

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

An Idea

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

This was inspired by the banking system

What if you could buy stable slots the first 6 plus the five you can carry you get from the start. but if you want more you gotta pay gold lets make it scale so it would start at 200 then go up to 250 then 300 ex. it will stop at 1000.

i think it would make so blizzard wouldn't have to keep adding slots instead people can by more with there gold after all gold does int really have a purpose besides repairs and raiding i think this would give hunters something to spend there gold on instead of wait for the jewel panthers to drop in price.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: An Idea

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not a bad idea, depending on how much they cost. Blizz added a lot of gold sinks in BfA and not a lot a ways to easily make gold. I, personally, am fine gold-wise, but I know many that aren't doing so well.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

lets say it starts at 100 for 5 then it goes to 200 and so on
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh if only I had something to do with all that pesky gold I don't have! I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh at you, but this seems like a personal situation you are applying broadly XD
ZoroarkRonan wrote:i think this would give hunters something to spend there gold on instead of wait for the jewel panthers to drop in price.
God, I just wish I could get rid of that 23k that I have! Ugh! I really don't want to save up for those frog mounts I want so bad and it would be so nice to get rid of what I've scraped together since I can't sell a thing!

I know you meant well, but not everyone is you and BFA is doing pretty good flushing the gold out of the pockets of the poor and middle-class players as it is. The super wealthy, as in real life, are doing just fine still, I'm sure :)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Teigan wrote:
I know you meant well, but not everyone is you and BFA is doing pretty good flushing the gold out of the pockets of the poor and middle-class players as it is. The super wealthy, as in real life, are doing just fine still, I'm sure :)
He's talking about a cap of 1000g tho? That's really not that much. Unless there's some zero's I'm missing?? :?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Castile wrote:
Teigan wrote:
He's talking about a cap of 1000g tho? That's really not that much. Unless there's some zero's I'm missing?? :?
1000g per stable slot would stack up quickly enough, but it's more the thinking behind it. Like everyone is just sitting on piles of cash just wondering what to do with it and buying that third long-boi just seems too dull. That and, I'm not sold on a hunter-specific gold-sink. I don't think Blizz would go for that since they're into making everything the same for everyone.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Those that took advantage of WoD and Legion missions or are really good at the AH have plenty of gold. Those who have not done one of these things are having trouble with earning gold since, outside of the AH, there aren’t any other good ways to get gold.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Those that took advantage of WoD and Legion missions or are really good at the AH have plenty of gold. Those who have not done one of these things are having trouble with earning gold since, outside of the AH, there aren’t any other good ways to get gold.
But I think that's beside the point. The idea is that a hunter can choose to buy extra slots if they wish (above and beyond the original 50). I mean I'd like them for free but there is a small contingent that thinks we shouldn't get more at all so I guess buying them is a good compromise?

You can also get gold from dailies, making high end profession items and the mission board still gives out gold missions too don't forget.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Doing older raids are a really good and easy quick way of getting gold. You don't need good gear at all to do them easily.

I personally think 50 slots is more then enough but this would be a good way for people who want more to get more.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The point that Teigan was making is that there are already a ton of gold sinks implemented in BfA - 5 million Brutosaur, 500k Direhorn, 100k battle pet, 333k frog mounts, Azerite gear reforging, etc. For me, 1k for stable slots is nothing. I have tons of gold. But I know plenty that are struggling with getting gold and sustaining a reasonable amount. This has also been a common complaint on various forums whenever gold sinks or mission rewards are brought up.

Profession gear is good for a brief period of time at the start of a tier before their selling price starts to quickly go down (server pop will determine how quickly). Missions do still grant gold, yes, but not the thousands that could be obtained a day via Legion or WoD missions. It was easy to earn over 20k a day in Legion by having multiple alts running missions. Emissaries will on occasion reward 2k, but that isn't terribly common. Assuming that you wait to repair you gear when pieces start going into the yellow, you're going to spend 250-500 gold on repairs. That is how much 2-3 BfA missions or most WQs will grant in gold. If you raid and you do not produce your own flasks, enchants, gems, food, etc. then you'll have to buy those things, which can all together cost tens of thousands depending on the server.

Old raids aren't a bad way to get gold, assuming that you have the time to run through multiple raids in order to make it worthwhile (and assuming Blizz doesn't nerf old raid gold again).

I am also fine with 60 slots. I think that it is plenty. But for those that want more, then having additional slots be purchasable is a decent compromise. The issue is the price, which for some would be a decision between purchasing more stables slots or having everything that they need for raiding and repairs. One could suggest selling WoW tokens, but then you're also telling someone to spend RL money after already paying for a $15 sub (since they don't have the gold to buy gametime) in order to afford something in game.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:
I am also fine with 60 slots. I think that it is plenty. But for those that want more, then having additional slots be purchasable is a decent compromise. The issue is the price, which for some would be a decision between purchasing more stables slots or having everything that they need for raiding and repairs. One could suggest selling WoW tokens, but then you're also telling someone to spend RL money after already paying for a $15 sub (since they don't have the gold to buy gametime) in order to afford something in game.
Again though this isn't a good argument against them. You don't necessarily need those extra slots but if you have the gold - why not? If you need your gold for other things like repairs spend it on that. It's not a hard thing. If you want more slots but can't afford them then you'll have to say goodbye to some pets then. If you desperately don't want to then do some dailies, run dragon soul or w/e and make 1k. Most people that want more I think you'll find will happily pay if that's our only option given.

I realise the main point is adding another gold sink but mounts aren't a necessity either. They are a vanity thing and I'd probably argue that beyond 60-100 pet slots is probably in that category too. So if blizzard wants to do it and keep a few of us with disposable wow income happy then I'm glad if this becomes an option. Not that this is even a thing to get upset about or argue about atm :lol: but I think it has merit.

Shadowlands

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Castile wrote:
Teigan wrote:

Id say maybe a cap of 5000g
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I get what you mean buy the gold flushes but i feel some of them are WAY to expense. Cough Cough Brutosuar Mount Cough Cough Frog mounts Cough.

A gold sink like this would be cheap and easy for people to do if they dont wanna wait for something like the mounts or the 500000 battle pet and would make hunters want to spend there gold instead of using it for raid supplies ah mounts/pets and other stuff.