8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by worgpower »

They should either allow us to obtain a skill to learn how to tame undead beasts/dinosaurs or have them as glyphs for a Unholy Dk to run around with an undead dinosaur
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Castile wrote:I know they are technically undead but i'd love to tame one of the rotting/undead dinosaurs in nazmir and surrounds. I just think they look super cool :)
I would literally sell my soul for that zombie devilsaur to be tameable. :D
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Still hoping and praying to see Guarm/Fenri pop up as tameable. The Guarm version in Helheim is classified as a beast (though sadly, Fenri the smaller rare is undead)...but man speaking of selling souls...I'd sell mine for one of the hel-puppies!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Update: I have WoW Model Viewer working with 8.2 now. Just waiting for the owner of the project to merge my code and publish a build so everyone can use it. Thankfully a couple of great volunteers/groups (one of whom is Wowhead) have worked diligently on new lists of filenames, and the guy who maintains CascLib was quick to update it.

I’ll get new model shots soon but I’ve been distracted with trying to squash a couple of display bugs in the code.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thank you so much for your hard work, Wain! Very appreciated :)
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

it would be grand if they did put in an object like the engineering widget for mechanical pets, that allowed undead pets. There are so many really nice undead models, from the skeletal wind serpents to the spectral spider in the garrison Halloween pack, to the flying bat-spider Nerubian things.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well, we do have some tameable undead pets, i don’t want hunters to remove the purpose of the Unholy spec of the DK, but I agree with you that we should have those pets, we still need more spirit beasts like spiders(like you said), boars, hyenas, and even anything can be a spirit beast
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nazjatar is open today! Going to upload pics of beasts that I find :)

Tamable Snapdragons! They are in the Lizard family.

Tidal Guardians! Strangely, they are apart of the Serpent family.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

awww no Tidestallions? :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote:awww no Tidestallions? :(
Nothing yet :/
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It’s cool to see Nazjatar open, although they should put tidal guardians in the worm family, because it makes more sense than serpent
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Keeping my fingers crossed for the three HQ Silithid colors being made tameable, as well as Abyssal Worms in the serpent family.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed for the three HQ Silithid colors being made tameable, as well as Abyssal Worms in the serpent family.
I did find the Abyss Worms, but none of them are tamable. There will (hopefully) be a gaming pass later on, for there are a lot of beasts that should be tamable but aren’t.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Having internet issues, so I can't reliably play PTR. Can someone check to see if a tamed Nether Ray on live without a nickname (IE, name shows as "Nether Ray") retains the name when transferred to PTR? Because if so, a Nether Ray with the generic name will be a legacy name just like Loque, Arcturis, and other rare Spirit Beasts having "Spirit Beast" as their name. I know the Nether Ray family is being changed to simply "Ray", so I just wanna know if it's a good idea to get a unique named pet before then or not.

EDIT: Got it to load. My internet was just being dumb. They do indeed keep "Nether Ray" as their name if tamed on live, so if you want a distinct alien ray with a unique name, be it Nether Ray or a mana ray from Argus, now is the time to get one. Also, I tamed the Colossal Sky Ray, the giant white Ray that's flying way above everything. Had to cleverly get as high as possible, use a glider, and panic trying to find a spot to land while not losing aggro. I think I like the white ray the most out of the ones I've seen so far.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050219_143619.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050219_143619.jpg (174.59 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice! I was able to get the white fathom ray yesterday. Climbed up a cliff just north of the Spears of Azshara. There is another cliff that might be close enough to shoot it without having to jump off, though I haven’t tried that yet. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

On the first page of this thread is a list of all Beasts that are in 8.2 that I have thus far found. More will be added as they are introduced in new builds, and the list will be finalized once the taming pass is done. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote:It’s cool to see Nazjatar open, although they should put tidal guardians in the worm family, because it makes more sense than serpent
It certainly does. Everything about them says worm. They're like some kind of polychaete.

The new "Ray" family name feels a little brief. It also means all newly-tamed rays will be named "Ray", which looks a bit comical, like if they were named "Bob" or something. I wonder if the family name might sound better if the "Nether" part had simply been changed to something that refers to flying or air, like Sky Ray. Does anyone else have any ideas? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

worgpower wrote:Well, we do have some tameable undead pets, i don’t want hunters to remove the purpose of the Unholy spec of the DK, but I agree with you that we should have those pets, we still need more spirit beasts like spiders(like you said), boars, hyenas, and even anything can be a spirit beast
I'm not sure how hunters having a skeletal raptor would negate the purpose of UH DK. The playstyles would still be different. They'd only be similar in the 'melee with pet' aspect, and that's only if the hunter is Surv.

Can you elaborate your idea a little more? :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

They should either glyph bony raptors, wind serpents, etc for the DK, or learn a skill for hunters getting the ability to tame them
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Wain wrote:
worgpower wrote:It’s cool to see Nazjatar open, although they should put tidal guardians in the worm family, because it makes more sense than serpent
It certainly does. Everything about them says worm. They're like some kind of polychaete.
You guys want a unit from WC3 to be locked behind the BM spec? I think it's perfectly fine for them to be in the Serpent family as that way players can use them in MM and SV specs. I'm not sure how iconic the Tidal Guardians are for WC3 players, it seems like they are to me from reading the reactions some people had hearing about them coming back, so that's probably why I can see the possible outrage that could have happened if Blizzard decided to lock them to one hunter spec only.
ImageImage