8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.2 Beast

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote:There are some beasts on the unused looks that are used, like the real snapdragon and the black & yellow tidal guardian(I have on the PTR), brown and gray snapdragon is used aswell
How about now? :)

I'm just in the middle of adding those. I only now managed to get all the looks added to the database (except for the new hermit crabs - I uploaded all the images but haven't added the looks to the database yet). I had to go through hell to get everything working properly, including adding a bunch of workarounds in WoW Model Viewer code to adjust the models for some weird quirks. BTW, if you use WMV and wonder why the sharkray (fathom ray) model has a corrupted skin texture, I still don't know. But if you take a screenshot of one, it magically fixes the issue for that session. I don't know why that happens either :P

Part of the challenge in setting things as "upcoming" is related to the fact that I've only just added the looks. So Val's list on this thread is using different colour names to the ones I've given the images. In most cases they were still obvious, but in some I wasn't sure which was meant and I planned to go check in the game.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I can look at the list and let you know which is which, Wain :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Purple-Black and Red-Brown Snapdragons are tamable, but their level prevents us from taming them. The Magenta variant for crabs is tamable, and so should all of the Gem crab variants except diamond. I haven’t been able to find the rare that uses all of the variants to confirm tamability, but seeing as all the other rares that I originally found are now tamable, I am confident that one should be, too.

Shiz’naraz uses the red variant for Tide Guardians and should be tamable, but I haven’t been able to find him alive to confirm. If so, he would be too high of level for us to tame (122).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added the upcoming hermit crab looks to the Crabs page, at least what I could see so far. There are some cool looks with those bright new shells! I've only added the looks that will appear, because with 8 shell styles x 22 crab colours there are now 176 possible looks!

Also, this combo *isn't* one of the upcoming looks, but it's very festive!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nice job with the models Wain!

The new crabs are looking amazing, I love the spider crabs but I'm also really digging the pretty shells they've made for the hermits. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I can confirm that the Sandclaw Stoneshell is tamable, and it can potentially spawn as any of the Gem Crab variants except Diamond.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow that’s awesome!!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Another interesting observation: until now NPCs have been able to have up to 4 possible colour variants. Some of these new ones are displaying 6, so the limit must have changed after many expansions.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've set up a first-draft Patch 8.2 page on Petopia: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch82.php

None of the actual NPCs have been added yet. I need to make code changes first, to deal with the increase in max. looks per NPC.
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

ooo those tidal guardians look amazing! one of those will be the perfect companion to my ghost worm... I agree, tidal guardians should be classified under the worm family. Hoping we are lucky enough to get tide stallions. Is there going to be a new spirit beast this xpac do you think?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Suggestion about the Rustwing and Rustfeather mobs in Mechagon:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... gon/170674

Thanks for any support :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added all the 8.2 NPCs (so far) to the database, except a few that are untamable and have modified looks (like the two crabs with auras and bolts sticking out of them).

https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch82.php

If any corrections are made to the list on this thread now, could you please be sure to make note of them here so I can update the database? Thanks :)
VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

*peeks in*

Hi there!
I'm just letting you know that the pretty bright purple Snapdragon -does- exist on a Tameable Rare Spawn called "Toxigore The Alpha" :3

I was randomly using the Scrying Stones on the border of Nar'anan / Zin'Azshari and it was one of the rares that popped up whilst scrying for other treasures.
I've been unable to scry for it again in the same area since taming it - though I suspect this might also be an unintended side-effect of taming and that it'll probably be fixed in later PTR builds prior to 8.2 going live.

Screenshots below to confirm:
#1: Spawn area

#2: Tamed (with original name intact)

EDIT:
Also not sure if it is intended but Needlespine, the red spiny crab rare vocalises on click (slightly rattle-like clicking SFX). Not entirely sure if that will carry over to live, but it's a nice little bonus for now =)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yay!! A tameable purple one! :D Great find!
VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

Don't thank me too quickly; I've jumped the high bar, caught my foot in it and landed so far from the mat because I'm a gotdang idjit...

Went back around the ruins in a complete loop for scrying purposes, getting chased by various elites, and accidentally triggering a cutscene from a misclick (and you get the idea that multiple mobs in close proximity is bad when you have the habit of stopping when you pick up something hidden)...

Cutscene ends up kicking me off the game, and a build update happens the moment I reopen the launcher.
It occurs to me on rebooting that a build update is normally there to fix unintended things that should not be happening...and it dawns on me in that same second that I may have tamed said rare when the level may not have been intended for that particular skin.

Zone back in, am somehow alive. Reach the point where I'd found Toxigore, hit a scrying point, use the stone...and realise something with a very familiar skin is chomping down on my face...and carrying the 122 elite level marker.
And there's a kill achieve with his name on the list of rare elites.

...I tamed him when his level drop to 120 had not been intended.
Feel free to throw things at me because I deserve it DX

[I've been on this game 14 years and I've not screwed up this badly before ;0;
Please forgive me for forgetting in the heat of the moment that this is the gotdang PTR and some nice things are not intended to be ours in the end >_<]
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That’s too bad, though it makes sense. The rares in Nazjatar are meant to actually be rare, so Blizz probably doesn’t want hunters to tame something that make take a while to respawn.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hey VelindraJay, welcome and thanks heaps for your report, even if it may have a sadder ending.

How long ago did Toxigore appear as level 120? I wonder if there's a chance its level could vary. In which case all the 122 rares may sometimes be lower. Probably not, but it's a nice thought :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:Hey VelindraJay, welcome and thanks heaps for your report, even if it may have a sadder ending.

How long ago did Toxigore appear as level 120? I wonder if there's a chance its level could vary. In which case all the 122 rares may sometimes be lower. Probably not, but it's a nice thought :)
That could be the case for some rares. I know that Shiz’naraz is tamable, but every time that I have seen him he is lvl 122.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found Toxigore myself. He is lvl 122 :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's still really confusing why Toxigore appeared as level 120 in the earlier post :/ I wonder if it was just from an earlier build, or if there are conditions under which Toxigore appears as 120 - similar to how some rares now are tougher on days when there's a world quest associated with them. Ah well, I guess we just keep watching :)