8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Novikova »

I am glad I spent my first day in Nazjatar taming things. MG Alliance are REALLY into rare hunting and do not seem to wait long. I am grateful to the mage who didn't murder Deepglider mid tame. I was honestly like AAAAAAAAH OH MY GOD and the taming shakes were upon me as I knocked my bars asunder getting to the tame button. I feel oddly happy and liberated now that I have my new buddy.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

One of the unused Dimetradon colors is now in-game, however it is unfortunately untameable:

This look: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... on2_purple

It is the objective of "One Road Ends" - part of the "How to Train your Direhorn" questline for Horde. I do not know if it's always there or only there when you're on the questline, but the coordinates are in the screenshot. Approximately 62, 49 in Zuldazar. (though not sure if that's in the city or in the zone)

I'll try to remember to check back after I turn in the questline to see if it's still there.

The info in the chat is what pops up when I run the macro you asked us to run when checking undocumented beasts Wain. :P And it only ever came up with the purple skin in the changing room.

EDIT: Spinethrash is still there after turning in the quest, so it doesn't seem to be quest specific.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awww, my heart skipped a beat, and then I saw the 'untameable' bit :(

Thanks for reporting it, though. I'll add it :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Yea, that's the one Dimetradon skin I like and was sad wasn't in game, I immediately dismissed my pet and went to tame it when I saw it.

Only to get the dreaded cannot be tamed message. But figured it was worth reporting in case they change it in the future since I know some people check back every now and then.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I was unsubbed since before 8.2 but Blizzard let me return for 3 days for free.

Only to find that the dire toad model got its size nerfed. :(
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

*before people get their hopes up, all are untameable, just reporting Beast-Lorable level 120s*

So I noticed something odd when I was on Mechagon today. Most of the mechanicals are "Invalid Target" when you go to Beast Lore them. I ended up taking a break on the Scrap King's mountain by complete chance, and there was a Mechanical Tabby Cat there. It's a 120 Mechanical. It was adorable, and by chance I used Beast Lore. It worked and I was taken aback.

It is untameable though, however, the fact Beast Lore works on it, when it doesn't work on the wolves on the island, the crabs, etc. makes me wonder if they potentially might make it tameable in the future. However, I went a step further. There's also a mechanical frog next to it. It's also a level 120 (not a critter). I used Beast Lore, and it also worked. Also untameable.

Down the road, there's one of Scrap King's Pet, which uses this model: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=gorilla_amy It is untameable, but Beast Lore does work on it as well.

I'm not sure if you want to add the Tabby Cat/Frog to the Mechanicals Page as potential looks like the Prairie Dogs are currently listed, but thought I'd mention them if anyone else wants to go check them out. I ran the macro a few times and only one color popped up for the cat. I wasn't able to for the frog, I only managed like 2 or 3 times, as a douche of a Demon Hunter started killing me, (hence the fact I was being attacked in the picture of the gorilla). The name of the Gorilla is visible and the NPC ID is visible in the last message sent in chat.

The Cat's name is Springloaded Tabby, the Frog is Coppertop Toad, in case it's not visible.

And the Tabby is not small, it is scaled up to a Hunter Pet's size, for reference, which is why I think there's a chance they might make it tameable down the road, pic for reference:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The gorilla should be on my list already. Took note of it during ptr. I noticed the frog and tabby as well, but didn't include them due to them using models that have been used strictly for companion pets.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

The Ape Pic was mostly for Wain, it's not listed on the Mechanical Gorilla page as an untameable creature.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) Somehow I missed adding that mechanical gorilla. I had seen it but never got around to adding it. I'll do it tonight.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

(Just sharing for those who love the undead devilsaurs and because for some reason this one is flagged as a beast and this is the 8.2 Beasts Thread :P)

I know there are those who keep out hope that one day we'll get them, so figured I'd point out there's an undead devilsaur during the final quest of "How to Tame Your Direhorn" that is flagged as a Beast, so perhaps it's a sign the Blizzard devs are relaxing their minds on the idea of them being Beasts?

Unfortunately, you are mounted on your Direhorn during the entire encounter and cannot get off of her. I ran the macro though, and it does not have a family. It does seem to have a unique model though (at least I don't recall seeing the model anywhere else?), for what it's worth, for those who love the undead devilsaurs.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that particular model is used elsewhere, though I cannot recall where. I could be wrong.

There has been an Undead Devilsaur in the game since 8.0 that was (might still be) flagged tamable, but also could only be seen during a specific quest where you are mounted.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe one day Forsaken players will get undead pets :) If so, this one would be amazing!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Man this forum is dead, wow feels dead, classic has taken over, I like how people can play the old game, but I haven’t heard from any BFA forum for so long and feel now how much BFA sucks for other people, but I enjoyed it for quite sometimes, I just wanna hear more pet oriented news
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I still play in bfa. . I don't think the forums are dead. .Just ppl playing , RL and stuff.
I usually post most in transmorg and show and tell

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am still playing BfA. There just hasn't been a lot of news for Live, let alone 8.2.5. Blizz hasn't pushed a new ptr build for about three weeks now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Same! I'm still around, and I'm not actually playing Classic, but there isn't anything new to report or discuss and I've spent the time on coding changes.

I did notice a big drop in players on regular when Classic came out, but that seems like it's improving now.