8.2 Beasts

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.2 Beasts

Unread post by Wain »

New-model creatures that are in the Wowhead database but which we haven't located yet.

Some could be in the raid, others may not be used at all. The listed colour may be one of several (Wowhead only displays one).

Snapdragons

Fathom Rays

Spider Crabs

Tidal Worms

Hermit Crabs

Crabs
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote:That's still really confusing why Toxigore appeared as level 120 in the earlier post :/ I wonder if it was just from an earlier build, or if there are conditions under which Toxigore appears as 120 - similar to how some rares now are tougher on days when there's a world quest associated with them. Ah well, I guess we just keep watching :)
No WQ for him when I found him. Might've just been the build that changed him.

Also, though I haven't confirmed this, I'm fairly certain that the Enraged Fathom Rays spawn when you attack the opposing faction's Flightmaster in Nazjatar. The Horde uses the red rays and the Alliance uses the teal ones, so that plus their name would make sense that being where they come from.

Banescale might be somewhere near Siltstalker the Packmother.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I just witnessed Banescale the Packfather spawn right after Siltstalker the Packmother died (and fairly close to her, but it looks like he patrols). It's possible her death is the trigger, though this may be a coincidence. He's red, 122, elite rare, flagged tameable but of course too high :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Fathom Ray does use the Teal variant. 145967
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The Fathom Ray does use the Teal variant. 145967
I think we had that one: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... _lightblue
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Green, I mean.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh cool then :). Does it still use the other variants as well?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It uses the purple, but not the teal.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:It uses the purple, but not the teal.
Fixed. Thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, it turns out Toxigore *is* tameable. It's still level 122 (non-elite) but tameable at hunter level 120.

Attachments
Toxigore.png
Toxigore.png (609.46 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

Wain wrote:So, it turns out Toxigore *is* tameable. It's still level 122 (non-elite) but tameable at hunter level 120.

...lordy, you have no idea how happy this makes me; for a while there I thought I had just tamed him out of panicked excitement and then proceeded to be completely trolled by the devs afterwards |D

To answer your earlier question Wain, I had tamed him shortly after the zone had gone live (I waited a day and a half to let the crowds disperse because lag/constant DC'ing during that initial crowding got annoying after a couple hours of it). I believe I missed maybe two fix builds and a couple mini-builds for the upcoming raid before discovering the 122 non-tameable status.

To see said untameable status reversed is an amazing feeling, thank you for confirming this handsome pet is still available <3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I haven't confirmed this, I'm fairly certain that the Enraged Fathom Rays spawn when you attack the opposing faction's Flightmaster in Nazjatar. The Horde uses the red rays and the Alliance uses the teal ones, so that plus their name would make sense that being where they come from.
I just confirmed your suspicion and I've added them to the database (non tameable). Thanks :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’m so happy to see the purple snapdragon tameable right now, the black, white, and purple and I was sad to see them Untameable, now I feel happy I can have the purple one, and get it along with a purple panthara since they would match

Edit: I should of said this way earlier, Sabertusks were also given the Druid cat animations as of 8.2, so it’s a good match with a snapdragon when using animal companion
Last edited by worgpower on Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I really want to be excited about the snapdragons, but I can't stand how their fins are essentially paper cutouts pasted on a 3d model. It bums me out since the beasts look good, but then there's that WoW Classic looking flat texture slapped on many parts of its body. I'm happy for the folks who wanted a purple one, but I just can't get excited because it's got that half-outdated model.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh :(. I thought their tails looked pretty nice.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I like them too
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I really like them as well! The fins seem like they would be very thin in texture regardless, so I can't think of many alternative ways they could have been implemented. At least, they don't detract from the over all model for me, but I can see the point about them being 2D. I don't think they look terrible from the front though.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

I kind of think they should replace the warp stalkers in Vashj'r with this model? They always seemed out of place.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Insect Man wrote:I kind of think they should replace the warp stalkers in Vashj'r with this model? They always seemed out of place.
They probably would have used them if they had them back then. They'd be perfect!

I wish there was an underwater area in the new zone (I mean apart from a couple of drowned caverns). I know a lot of people didn't enjoy Vashj'ir for some reason, but I loved it. I thought it was fun and gorgeous to look at. I always chose it over Hyjal.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Warnings for players trying Nazjatar and Mechagon in the latest patch:
- previous characters were wiped, so you have to copy over a fresh character and start from scratch. Nazjatar has a new intro quest (which mostly works, but is still a bit rough).
- if a world quest in Nazjatar involving the Cracklemaw Colossus is up, it may randomly and frequently target and kill you and your pet from some other phase / location / I'm still unsure. It only seems to be at certain coordinates that this happens, but the Cracklemaw itself is nowhere to be seen when it kills you. BUT if I have my pet dismissed this doesn't seem to happen to me - it seems to be the pet that attracts aggro. When it happens it may also pull random hostile mobs to you from a very broad radius around you!
- at one point in the Nazjatar chain, after you reach Newhome (on Horde, unsure for Alliance), you are asked to go see Magni in the Heart Chamber. Note that if you have Silithus set to the old phase, when you take the portal you'll end up falling under the Silithus map, disconnecting and your character effectively unusable and you'll have to copy over a new character. This bug has existed for at least a month so don't rely on it getting fixed soon. Either ensure Silithus is set to the new phase on live before you copy, or be prepared to fly there the slow way.
- for some players, at least, you can no longer pick up any breadcrumb quest for Mechagon. Perhaps it's players who did Mechagon previously, but I'm unsure. Other players are reporting lack of any quests for progression on Mechagon. So far I haven't seen any workaround, and can't get there to check pets in this patch.