Recommendations for eventual racechange (Alliance-side)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Recommendations for eventual racechange (Alliance-side)

Unread post by Baihu »

Hi! I'm planning to return to WoW after a long hiatus as I found several fans still playing in BFA, heh. My old Hunter Main is Alliance Draenai, and unfortunately while trying out Suvival, I found the female Draenai ability sounds really, really grating. I was always kinda planning to racechange but this was kinda the final straw for me.

So I wanted to check some recommendations of a different Alliance race that I should consider? I'm interested in racechanging to female Kul Tirans once I unlock them, however I'm a little disappointed in how armor doesn't look as impressive on them as I hoped. The heritage armor on them looks good, but the older armors look awkward on them. I've been checking around for animations but if anyone's got playing experience, would be great to hear your impressions (because seriously my female Draenai has never bothered me until the HUAWHS and YHEEES every single time with the melee weapon swing).
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Recommendations for eventual racechange (Alliance-side)

Unread post by Ana »

When I played I always favored Night Elf and Dwarfs :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Female dwarf ;)
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Best choice is to copy over a character to the PTR, play with the options, and see what you like.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yes do what Slickrock suggests! Test them all out. However if you are planning on doing hard core pvp, night elf might be best thanks to their racial.

However if that doesn't matter? Pandaren have fantastic models and animations! I am of course, totally biased.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

It really depends on what you want. If you just want something you like? Try them all out, see what you like best. I would suggest class trials, because Mongoose Bite has different animations than Raptor Strike. Though it will take you 2 weeks to have enough class trials to try every race. Though you can download the PTR and make a hunter there, then hope the race change button pops up there?

If you're going for PvP? I'd honestly suggest Dark Iron Dwarf. Fireblood is insanely broken for PvP. It is pretty much a Cloak of Shadows, but it also gives you an insane agility boost if you use it to clear a lot of effects.

If you're going for PvE, and REALLY want to min/max DPS? Go for Gnome. They're ahead by about 200-300 DPS above other races for Survival. They also have heritage armor coming out in 8.2 as well, you might like that, :P (The numbers, via Bloodmallet, if you care:)

(Note: The DPS is minor in the long run, it would probably be noticeable if you do progression heroic/mythic raiding, but other than that, it's not going to be noticeable)

Gnome: 27,531
Human: 27,358
Void Elf: 27,326
Pandaren: 27,299
Worgen: 27,291
Lightforged: 27,280 (Active Ability)
Night Elf: 27,271
Kul Tiran: 27,270 (Active Ability? Not sure if they simulate Haymaker?)
Dwarf: 27,251
Draenei: 27,233
Dark Iron: 27,161 (Active Ability)

---

That said, my Alliance hunters are Void Elf and Night Elf. Void Elves are my favorite race, and she's my main toon, and my Night Elf is my original toon, and I transferred her over when they increased the character per server limit.