Petopia forum downtime

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Petopia forum downtime

Unread post by Wain »

Copied this from the News forum, in case people don't see it there:

Our forum will be going down for some updates, most likely within the next 24 hours. Our current board software is more than a decade out of date and it's starting to show incompatibilities with the software of the server it runs on, so we badly need to update it! I've been putting this off until BfA was well underway and traffic had dropped.

I hope the update will be smooth and we'll be up and running again quickly. Maybe it'll take just an hour or two. But if there are ongoing problems I'll post something on the Petopia home page, and also tweet about it.

After the update the forum will look different. Our current default theme doesn't exist in the new board version, but someone has created a similar one that I can install. It will also look generic and it may take some time for me to even get the Petopia logo back (or maybe I'll be able to enable it right away).

I may also be able to install other themes for those who prefer them. Perhaps a dark theme? I'm unsure about "Lucid Lime" - does anyone still use that?

Anyway, aside from the downtime issue, the main point I wanted to convey is that it's possible things may look a little rough to begin with, but I'll work on improving the look once the software is updated and running smoothly. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Petopia forum downtime

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sounds good! Thanks for letting us know, Wain. Looking forward to the update :)
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I use the dark theme, I run most the sites I frequent in their dark themes, it's easier on the eyes. Having at least one option for a dark theme would be nice :D :mrgreen:

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Ty for the heads up. I'm hoping the withdrawal from the downtime isn't too bad. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

It looks great so far.. can only use it on my stationary though.. on my mobile it wont show the threads :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Really liking the new format :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for your comments and feedback so far :) I'm still working on it, and I'm going to lock this post so we can centralize all feedback. Please post on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26016&p=610828#p610828

Thanks! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.