8.2.5 Coming Soon

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

8.2.5 Coming Soon

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Though it hasn't officially started yet, a vendor build for 8.2.5 has appeared, so we may be seeing some datamining for it within the next few days or so when the ptr opens for testing for it.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: 8.2.5 Beasts

Unread post by Talihawk »

I hope there are some new and nifty beasts!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I know we had the big Hati questline and it was really special, but part of me hopes maybe we'll get another spirit beast...something fitting for BfA, like a dinosaur maybe, or just a cool animal that *isn't* a wolf or a cat. :lol: I'd actually be excited for something aquatic that could float beside us, being a spirit would be the perfect excuse to have one.

I'm also in love with the new ghostly effect they've made in 8.2 and I think it would be very fitting to use on one.

Other than that though I'm not sure what to expect. I feel like we won't get another new zone already after Nazjatar/Mechagon, so I wonder if there will be anything new? Hopeful though!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I doubt that there'll be anything new, and the PTR notes just released today indicate that there won't be any new zones.
8.2.5 PTR Notes

Worgen and Goblin model updates

WoW 15 year anniversary

Alliance Bee Mount Questline

Timewalker Firelands

New Feature: Party Sync

During this PTR we’re experimenting with a new mode that makes it easier for players in a party to do quests and play together: Party Sync. When players activate Party Sync, everyone in the party becomes aligned to the same quest state, including phases. By mousing over a quest in your tracker, you can see who is on the quest, what their progress is, and who’s ready to turn in the quest. There’s something else we’re going to try out on the PTR, a “replay” quest feature. This will allow players who have already completed certain quests to replay those quests with their friends for rewards that are appropriate to their current level, regardless of the original level of the quest.

We’re also relaxing level restrictions on queueing for instanced content with your friends. This allows lower-level players to queue for content in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down while they’re in the instance. This feature will be available for dungeon instances for PTR Week 1, with PvP instances being flagged in the following weeks. Please note that unlike Timewalking, when your level is scaled down via Party Sync you will temporarily lose access to abilities and powers (such as Azerite traits) with requirements that exceed your reduced level.

Return of Recruit-A-Friend

Coming in 8.2.5 is a revamped Recruit A Friend system. If you have active game time you’ll be able to recruit your friends—both brand-new to the game and returning champions—to share in your adventures. To do so, you’ll be able to use a new URL generation tool to create a custom link to give to your friends. By following the link, you’ll be connected to each other and will be able to see if they have purchased game time, resulting in rewards for you! For each month your recruits have active game time, you’ll earn a new reward such as unique pets, mounts, game time and more. These rewards unlock per month and scale with how many months your recruits have subscribed for. And, of course, with Party Sync you’ll be able to journey with your friends on any of your characters. We’ll have more information about Recruit A Friend rewards when we get closer to its release.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

New Worgen and Gob models were a long time coming, but they need to take more time with the femworgen. They look worse than before with their uwu face instead of a proper werebeast. Poor worgen players.

The biggest thing about the patch notes for 8.2.5 though is the replay feature. For example, Horde hunters who did the quest for the white snake in Voldun can pick that back up, high levels can go back to Nagrand (Outland) and summon Brokentoe without having to wait hours for a low level player to enter the zone, and so on. That's gonna be nice.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

With the Bee Mount questline, hopefully the Black Bee will finally become tameable in some regard.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 pm New Worgen and Gob models were a long time coming, but they need to take more time with the femworgen. They look worse than before with their uwu face instead of a proper werebeast. Poor worgen players.

The biggest thing about the patch notes for 8.2.5 though is the replay feature. For example, Horde hunters who did the quest for the white snake in Voldun can pick that back up, high levels can go back to Nagrand (Outland) and summon Brokentoe without having to wait hours for a low level player to enter the zone, and so on. That's gonna be nice.
I just read the Worgen and Goblin update thread.. poor female worgen.. males looks so rough and tough like... Females looks like bambi with fangs....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Mĭrya Namárië wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:15 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 pm New Worgen and Gob models were a long time coming, but they need to take more time with the femworgen. They look worse than before with their uwu face instead of a proper werebeast. Poor worgen players.

I just read the Worgen and Goblin update thread.. poor female worgen.. males looks so rough and tough like... Females looks like bambi with fangs....
Have they shown any new images yet? All I’ve seen is the image used at Blizzcon last year, but that could be out of date for all I know. But otherwise I agree, the female is shameful. They chose Disney face and fashion model frame over wolf. On the other hand, maybe they feel constrained by the existing model, since their philosophy with the updates has been to enhance the existing look rather than redesign it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

here we go again
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

I love the updated female they showed at BlizzCon. The entire point of playable Worgen is that they controlled the curse, they aren't supposed to look feral. People who sdaid that are why we ended up with perma snarl for a decade.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I love the male. .the female looks weak in comparison. .Not saying she has to snarl all the time but a bit of muscle tone and larger fangs would not hurt. . Female looks like a cute dog not capable of much. .male look like a Wolf. ..a dangerous scary Wolf. .I just dont like the "your weak because you are a female " thing.

Imagine if they did the same wit taurens.

Prolly more would play due to sexyness but that's not what a tauren looks like. There are muscle and big builed for a reason
Last edited by Ana on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that most people just don't like how the males look more like your typical werewolf and the females look more like something from a Disney cartoon. Males are hunched over and look more aggressive and the females are standing upright and (going by the preview at Blizzcon) don't really look vicious.

Hopefully Blizz will at least give options to make the females look aggressive, otherwise I don't think that this updated model will go over very well.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

They confirmed the female would get glowing-eyes face options too, so I imagine that will help in a more werewolf look!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Inay wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:30 pm They confirmed the female would get glowing-eyes face options too, so I imagine that will help in a more werewolf look!
This, they look fine and will have more face options/eye options. That IS confirmed. If people complain AGAIN we'll get even uglier fem worgen in HD. That's what got us the trainwreck of a model we have right now.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.2.5 Coming Soon

Unread post by Wain »

I almost split the worgen discussion off from this thread. But then I realized a bunch of other 8.2.5 news has been mentioned, so I just renamed the thread instead. 8.2.5 is still not on the PTR, so we don't actually know what new beasts might appear. We can always start a new thread when they do :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Silivren wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm
Inay wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:30 pm They confirmed the female would get glowing-eyes face options too, so I imagine that will help in a more werewolf look!
This, they look fine and will have more face options/eye options. That IS confirmed. If people complain AGAIN we'll get even uglier fem worgen in HD. That's what got us the trainwreck of a model we have right now.
I sincerely hope they pull a female Pandaren and tell us they won't listen to feedback.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

New in this PTR:
Glyph of Dire Bees
Your Dire Beast ability calls on bees!! DIRE BEES!!!

Shame Dire Beast still sucks, but day 1 glyph right here.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:41 pm New in this PTR:
Glyph of Dire Bees
This plus the bee mount may get me back in the game :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Sooo

https://ptr.wowhead.com/dressing-room#s ... RoMMR9m87n

They actually look pretty amazing.

I wish we had a super snarly face, and more drastic differences in expressions. But I can't complain

Edit:

Tbh, my biggest pet peeve is the hair. it's still so... I don't know. I don't mind some of them but wish we had a hairless option (more of a mane that blends in better). Also run is a bit off
Last edited by Lupen202 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wrathion

Calia Menethil

Zekhan (Zappy Boi)

Valeera