8.2.5 Coming Soon

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.2.5 Coming Soon

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Three new mounts

Stormpike Battle Ram (Source: Alterac)

Frostwolf Snarler (Source: Alterac)

Explorer's Dunetrekker (Sourece: Recruit-a-Friend)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The camel is a new R-a-F mount. There's also an Explorer's Jungle Hopper for R-a-F, but I haven't seen a model yet.

It looks like the wolf and ram are both awarded for the same achievement, so hopefully we won't have to complete old Alterac on both factions to get both.

I wonder if we'll see the ram used for a wild NPC too :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The poor ram models are in such desperate need of an update. xD
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Lupen202 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:13 pm Sooo

https://ptr.wowhead.com/dressing-room#s ... RoMMR9m87n

They actually look pretty amazing.

I wish we had a super snarly face, and more drastic differences in expressions. But I can't complain

Edit:

Tbh, my biggest pet peeve is the hair. it's still so... I don't know. I don't mind some of them but wish we had a hairless option (more of a mane that blends in better). Also run is a bit off
Face 15 and 16 have a yellow ring on the fur around the eyes, which makes me believe those two faces will have glowing eyes. Would have been nice to have a bigger number of options for that though.
ImageImage
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

They all have 1 eye color right now. Pretty sure they're not done with eyes in general.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

The new worgen look great, tho I do wish the fem's had the option to have more of a cheek / jaw ruff like the males. And both sets had a more light white / gray fur/skin option. Guess Greymane is the only one allowed to be white. :(
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

True didn't really think about cheek fluff but that'd be nice to have too.

But either way so much better than old model.. and maybe one day all races will get additional customizations. Still praying for scars, eye color separation from face, new hairstyles, piercings etc.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Just imagine how the battle for lorderon /bfa cutscene/trailer would have looked if Graymane had been replaced with a female Worgen. .way less powerfull and scary.
The new model are prettier but I still think the female is too tiny and weak looking. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

That's your opinion. I think they look perfect.

Personally, I think it's male worgen with the issue. They look TOO feral. They're not supposed to look feral. They are supposed to be in control of the curse.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The control is over the feral instincts that come with the Worgen curse, not the appearance. Otherwise feral Worgen would look different from a Worgen that has undergone or is practicing means to control those instincts and retain their human mind.

I agree that the females should at least have options to make them look more ferocious.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

They're not done. Idk why everyone is acting like they are. But tbh unless your main is a female worgen or you exclusively play them we'll then you don't know how awful having the current model is. You're also assuming all worgen have to look completely and totally ferocious. Which isn't true. There is sexual dimorphism with many wow races. I mean hell even female tauren don't have the super impressive horns unless they're highmountains. Point being. If you complain to much we'll end up with an HD version of the pregnant Chihuahua we have now. It's ugly and just plain horrifying. These models are SO good and I'm so happy to see they look so amazing. Would more customization be great? Of course. It would be for every race. But these models aren't done, females don't have their eye glow implemented.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I think the new worgen update looks so much better! Like some others, I do hope to see at least some more ferocious options for the females as they carry on developing the model - not all of them have to be feral looking, but it's a nice option to have for those who want it. Cheek fluff and paler fur options would be lovely, too! That being said, I do have a female worgen (I think I have a couple, actually) and I'll take any improvement on what we've currently got at this point.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I agree it is an update.. I got a female worgen too.. But I prefered something like this..sorry for the bad paint skill

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Silivren

I mean if you want to play a male then play a male? Wow races always have sexual dimorphism. That's just the way it is. But again THEY'RE NOT DONE. Idk why everyone keeps ignoring that fact. And in the end of the day if you don't like it don't play it. Not everyone likes every single race, but they're going to try to keep true to the feel of female worgen they established while improving them. 🤷

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Silivren wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:34 am I mean if you want to play a male then play a male? Wow races always have sexual dimorphism. That's just the way it is. But again THEY'RE NOT DONE. Idk why everyone keeps ignoring that fact. And in the end of the day if you don't like it don't play it. Not everyone likes every single race, but they're going to try to keep true to the feel of female worgen they established while improving them. 🤷
I don't think people are ignoring that. In fact it was the first question I asked (are these new images or the ones from Blizzcon?) when I responded to this thread. The new textures are definitely better than the old, and I think the designers are restricted in how much they can deviate from the original model, so I am not expecting huge changes. But I think that when the male model looks tough and wolf-like and the female looks doe-eyed and Disney then it's problematic. It's fine to like her look, and it may be exactly how you want your character to look, but if the designers have a philosophy that female models must always look prettier and softer then I have an issue with that. Admittedly I find the female tauren far more repugnant. Cattle are big and solid, regardless of gender, yet they tried to make her body look skinny in a clumsy way that I think just looks bizarre.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

1. Face posing isn't in yet
2. Glowing eye option for females aren't in yet
3. Permasnarls aren't a good thing. A worgen shouldn't constantly look constipated even when they're just casually standing around.

I think some of the complaints are overexaggerated. They're not wolves, they're not cows. They're humanoid version of those creatures, that means they have sexual dimorphism and don't look like literal carbon copies with breasts. For now, I'm waiting to see how they look with glowing eyes, since I'm not a fan of the humanoid eyes (which they gave to male worgen, too.)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Silivren

Qraljar wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:38 am 1. Face posing isn't in yet
2. Glowing eye option for females aren't in yet
3. Permasnarls aren't a good thing. A worgen shouldn't constantly look constipated even when they're just casually standing around.

I think some of the complaints are overexaggerated. They're not wolves, they're not cows. They're humanoid version of those creatures, that means they have sexual dimorphism and don't look like literal carbon copies with breasts. For now, I'm waiting to see how they look with glowing eyes, since I'm not a fan of the humanoid eyes (which they gave to male worgen, too.)
All of this. And I know you didn't Wain but some are. They're getting into a fit because they don't look tough enough for them. That's fine but don't cast judgement until you've seen the final product. And even then sexual dimorphism has always been a thing in wow. The worst offenders are draenei which is why I'd love a broken allied race.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh I agree with the draenir. . I think its too bad that the sexual dimorphism is so bad in WoW don't get me wrong Im looking forward to see the new models

Uhh and Wain I agree o female taurens too. I never been able to play one. .
Finding gnomes extreemly hard to bond with too. For some reasons i don't know. .

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm not getting into a fit. I am aware that these aren't the finalized models. My opinion is that I do not think that all female worgen should look ferocious and tough - I would prefer it, but at least I think there should be options that would allow them to look that way. I have never played a female worgen, but I know the problems that they had, like the perma-snarl. I am glad that problems like that are gone.

I also do not like the humanoid eyes. They gave male worgen a scarred face, but unless I missed one with feral eyes then that option is only available with humanoid eyes.

I have always wanted a Broken playable race, though if Blizz followed through with their original plan regarding the females, they would just use the female tauren model as a base for them.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |