8.3 PTR General Content

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.3 PTR General Content

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I have found some of those in Uldum, but they are considered aberrations.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Updates to the Auction House

Buying

Commodities (stackable items) cannot be bid on, and are no longer bought or sold in stacks. Now, you’ll enter in the number of a commodity that you’d like to buy and the AH will automatically select the cheapest available and give you a total price.

Copper is no longer displayed in the auction house, but is used for calculations behind the scenes.

Selling

The sell interface now displays the current market for your item, so you can easily know what to set your asking price at. For weapons and armor that vary in item level, the AH now shows auctions of all the item levels for easy price comparison. Additionally, there’s no longer any need to undercut by small amounts. Auctions at the same price point are sold last in, first out. As long as you match the current lowest price, yours will sell first.

The Auctions tab now shows you where your listings currently stand in the market. Within each price point, you can see the sell priority of your lots among your competitors’ lots.

Searching

The AH search function has learned some new tricks:
You can now search “Uncollected Only” to find items that have a collection UI associated with them:
Weapon/armor appearances
Mounts
Battle Pets
Toys
Recipes
You can now use advanced search operators, including exact match ( “iron ore“ ), exclusion ( -iron ), and OR ( iron | truesilver ).
There is now an “Upgrades Only” search, which finds upgrades for your class and active specialization. This is based on item level and number of sockets.
For casters, two-handed weapons are compared to one-handed weapons and off-hands by using the weighted average item level of the one-handed setup.

Playing Favorites

Your favorites list now appears immediately when you open the auction house and when you press the Favorites button. Favorites are saved separately for each character.

Work in Progress

We have a few areas where we’re still working on implementation issues. These are coming soon in a future build of the Visions of N’Zoth PTR:

Auction house mail for sold, expired, and won auctions are consolidated to a single mail if they are of the same item and price.
Currently in the PTR, favorites are shared among all characters and will reset when you exit the game.
Localization work is underway, and currently, searching only works in English.

Thank you very much for testing with us on the PTR!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vulpera Heritage Armor

Mechagnome Heritage Armor

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

If only the Mechagnome armor matched the augment colors. That would look infinitely superior if it was rusted.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:48 pm I have found some of those in Uldum, but they are considered aberrations.
Disappointing. I hope the Aqir wasp and Aqir Scarab become tameable.
At this point, we don't really have anything else that could serve as a new pet, and it would be disappointing to get nothing new, especially when there are options.

As a lover of insect stuff, I'd obviously gladly take either of those or both. Part of me is sad that (so far), we have nothing similar to silithid battle tanks (yet)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Might have found an unused skin; the rare "Stormhowl", found in Sunblossom Hill during a Mogu invasion, likely uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg skin. It is surrounded by Thundermaw, and had a noticeably brighter skin color. It's level 120, rare elite, and tameable. Hits really freakin hard too. Trying to see how long it takes for it to respawn, and will try to tame it for a good picture.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The unused Jade Quilen is now finally tamable! Can be found on a rare called the Jade Watcher.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

About time the jade skin came out. Now I can finally have a Quillen. Does it keep the name?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:22 pm About time the jade skin came out. Now I can finally have a Quillen. Does it keep the name?
As of this build, no.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Then we should report it every time, so it gets fixed. Gotta keep that sweet name! Also, where on the Serpent's Spine does it spawn? Not up for me, but I'd like to sit and wait for it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It doesn't spawn on the Serpent's Spine. That's just where I took the pic. It spawns east of there in a cave in the Ruins Rise.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Where is Ruin's Rise? I don't see that on the map.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Just tamed Stormhowl, 120 rare elite that spawns on Sunblossom Hill in the Vale. Definitely a new skin; first is a regular Thundermaw, then the lighter one is Stormhowl. Definitely a new skin. EDIT: Appears to have a 1h respawn timer.
WoWScrnShot_100719_211410.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100719_211410.jpg (290.81 KiB) Viewed 14214 times
WoWScrnShot_100719_211432.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100719_211432.jpg (297.47 KiB) Viewed 14214 times
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice job! Always good to have a new skin :)

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So far we have two new tameable skins. Glad we found them so early. Gotta keep our eyes peeled everywhere. Also, I so want that Aqir wasp oh god.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

There are a few mobs in the WoWhead database that are labeled beasts (same for the Scarab type) but so far most of them are Abberations, so we've yet to see what way they'll swing when we get further into the PTR.

But I really hope the two of them both become tameable. Otherwise this'll feel like a barebones patch for hunters, tbh.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have found one of the scarabs that is labeled as a beast, but it does not currently belong to any family.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I didn't really expect a serpent as the Vulpera starter pet, but it is quite pretty! And an unused colour.

The Mechagnome mechanowolf pet is also an unused colour. The odd thing about this one is that it's currently classified as a Wolf, not a Mechanical. This surely must be a mistake!
mechagnomepet.jpg
mechagnomepet.jpg (203.26 KiB) Viewed 14145 times
vulperapet.jpg
vulperapet.jpg (240.8 KiB) Viewed 14145 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don’t mind the mechanowolf color that Mechagnome hunters currently have, but I think the golden or rusted mechanowolves (both untamable currently) would be better options for them.