8.3 Beasts Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 8.3 Beasts Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's likely that they've not done a taming pass, but at the same time, the month is almost halfway done and 2020 is just around the corner. It's gonna be really awful if the only new tameable is a one-time only wolf that's horde only as well. ESPECIALLY since they could easily change the model of the wolves in the non-instanced Twilight Highlands to match the appearance of the ones in the Vulpera unlock quest. As it stands, the only things they've really done aside from the raid are some minor class tweaks, a tiny and insignificant change to threat for alts, and added 500+ copies of the new worm mount. Feels like hunter pets are going to be neglected, even though I keep logging in to the PTR and suggesting DAILY that they flip the switch for the beasts I park my copies in front of (since the ptr started!).

8.3 feels like it's a filler patch rather than a real patch at this point. Not because of the lack of new hunter pets, but just overall. It's like the Sunwell patch again, but with tentacles instead of demons.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I know this is off topic, but in reply to the above:

It's not like I've played heaps and heaps, but from what I have played on the PTR, it’s... hard to feel engaged. Unless I’ve missed something really major (and maybe I have!), it feels like a x.5 patch, or a supercharged end-of-expansion invasion. That’s all I can say really.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:13 am I know this is off topic, but in reply to the above:

It's not like I've played heaps and heaps, but from what I have played on the PTR, it’s... hard to feel engaged. Unless I’ve missed something really major (and maybe I have!), it feels like a x.5 patch, or a supercharged end-of-expansion invasion. That’s all I can say really.
I mean, I was gone 3 months and only renewed to get the Deathwing Mount/Winter Veil gifts, and plan to unsub again.

No account-wide essences ruined the game for me. My alts are unplayable because people won't let me join anything because addons let them see I don't have essences on my alts, and I outright refuse to do the grinds again.

8.3 is looking to be an all around failure, especially with the knowledge they're doing this with the new beasts. :/
Brywinsin2
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Brywinsin2 »

I have a few questions, and they might of already been answered, but i'm going to ask it anyways. With 8.3 and the Xpac that's due to come out next year. Are ALL the pets going back down in scale? (level 60) and if they do then will Blizzard give us a chance to tame the Higher level ones? i.e. like the pets that are level 122 now? or will they continue to elude us savvy hunters. Also I'd like to see Elekks and Mammoths to be tame able.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Chances are that all the higher level beasts will still be untameable until Shadowlands, but it'd be nice if they let us tame them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I would expect beasts that are currently 122 will be below max level and will be tameable, but I’m not sure they’ve gone into much detail yet.

I added pachyderms to the page of unclassified models that could possibly become tameable :) :
https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=unclassified
It’s not a comprehensive list. Just a few interesting models. It became useful during betas when we wanted to show new models that could potentially become tameable but we weren’t sure about. And it’s still handy for that. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

8.3 will be launched on Jan 14th. Not much time left for a taming pass :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No, not much time, given all the holidays in between :(

But at least they're listening, since they changed the mechagnome starter pet to be the unused yellow colour:
mechagnome_pet.jpg
mechagnome_pet.jpg (414.46 KiB) Viewed 17718 times
So maybe they're still working on stuff :)

But it's still weird that the Legion silithid bosses in Silithus still haven't been assigned a family, let alone flagged tameable. I report it every PTR cycle.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice! Glad that they made the change :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I know it's not really adding much, but man this patch feels gypped in terms of tames..
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

True, but they did just recently give us two of the most-requested tames (even if one is through means of irritating a ton of people and wasting the 15~ minutes they were waiting prior to you stealing it). They didn't really add any new zones, and nothing bestial really came out of this aside from new monsters that totally could've just been silithids. It's safe to say that we just need to wait for Shadowlands and hope they do justice there.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

8.3 already felt like "Let's move on to Shadowlands already!" the patch in many ways, and now it feels like that in terms of hunter pets. Heavily, in fact. And since I highly doubt that they'll make some of the 8.3 stuff tameable in Shadowlands ('member the Silithus rares?), the patch that should've been my dream from a pet standpoint is just a big disappointment.

Yes, I know Blizzard gives us a lot, but it's easy to say "Don't be entitled. Just wait until Shadowlands for new pets," if you're a fan of cats or foxes. Not so much if you're a fan of insects, specifically Silithids and other Old God-based creepy crawlies, such as the Aqir in 8.3. I am that, and I feel quite.. overlooked? While, as you said, some of them could've just been tossed into the Silithid family, or made wasps, or beetles? Idk. It's a content patch with no real new tames and it just so happens to be the content patch with all the new insects.

Well, whatever. At the end of the day, it's just hunter pets, I guess. But it bothers me, obviously.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Think this is Blizzard's answer to "Too many tames and not enough stable slots". Just don't make any more tameable creatures is easier than writing more code.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone checked the new patch? For personal reasons I haven’t had much time this week, so there could be things that I’ve missed. All I’ve had time to check are the alpacas and the new old god beasties in Uldum. None tameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven’t checked yet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

8.3 Pet Guide

Unread post by Wain »

WoWLogoPatch83-800.png
WoWLogoPatch83-800.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 17086 times
I've published our little 8.3 pet guide:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch83.php

No, there's not many this time, but please keep your eyes out in case we missed anything, or things are hotfixed at the last minute!

Also, there are a few new matching mounts & minipets for older looks - all included on that page. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice job, Wain! Thanks for the guide and your work :)
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Re: 8.3 Pet Guide

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 am WoWLogoPatch83-800.png

I've published our little 8.3 pet guide:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch83.php

No, there's not many this time, but please keep your eyes out in case we missed anything, or things are hotfixed at the last minute!

Also, there are a few new matching mounts & minipets for older looks - all included on that page. :)
Wain, the theme of Quilen ONLY green, how is it at the end? Do I have to wait for SL to tame it?

PS: sorry for my bad English.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You sadly have to wait until SL to tame it. Blizz increased its level and so we cannot tame it right now :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Hoping for some last-minute fixes. I don't see Ji-kun being tameable still, the best cobra is wasted as a starter pet, the black worg is still only for Horde, and the green Quilen is still incorrectly too high level. We got spoiled super hard last time, but this is just a pretty weak patch overall. Can we push time forward, skip this filler patch, and be in the Shadowlands beta hype already? I wanna skip to that point :(