8.3 Beasts Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

8.3 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Newly discovered beasts will be posted here. :)

Uldum

Beetles

Jeweled Tomb Scarab. Found east of The Steps of Fate in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Teal w/ Green Spots variant. Neutral and unattackable. Untamable. 152427

Tomb Scarab. Found in various locations in eastern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Gold Beetle variant. Untamable. Neutral. 151859

Sand-Husk Scarab. Found in northern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Copper and Gold Beetle variants. Tamable. Neutral. 162382

Birds of Prey

Cursed Falcon. Summoned by Falconer Amenophis in combat. He can be found wandering the desert around Neferset City in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Grey falcon variant. Untamable. 161125.

Suntouched Falcon. Found at The Steps of Fate in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the White-Spotted Tawny falcon variant with a special fire/holy effect. Untamable. Hostile. 151811.

Carrion Birds

Arid Bonepicker. Found in a camp south of Khartut's Tomb in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Tan & Purple and Brown vulture variants. Untamable. Neutral. 157143

Rotfeaster. Found in a camp south of Khartut's Tomb in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Black vulture variant. Untamable. Hostile Rare. 157146

Cats

Savannah Proudfang. Found south of the Halls of Origination in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Grand Lion variant. Untamable. Hostile. 151809

Senbu the Pridefather. Found at Surveyors' Outpost during the Amethat assault. Lvl 121 rare. Uses the Grand Lion variant. Untamable. Hostile. 151948

Ekashim <Fangtaker Orsa's Companion. Found southest of Surveyors' Outpost during the Amethat assault. Lvl 120. Uses the Grand Lion variant. Untamable. Hostile. 157121

Crocolisks

Riverbed Crocolisk. Found along rivers in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Brown Crocolisk variant. Tamable. Hostile. 162334

Neferset Crocolisk. Found along the rivers in southern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the White Crocolisk variant. Tamable. Hostile. 162336

Oasis Crocolisk. Found along the mid-southern coast of Uldum and northwestern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Green, White, and Brown Crocolisk variants. Tamable. Hostile. 162335

Hyenas

Scavenging Dunerunner. Found in eastern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Yellow Hyena variant. Untamable. Hostile. 151945

Slaver's Dunerunner. Found at The Steps of Fate during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Beige Hyena variant. Untamable. Hostile. 157033

Tamed Dunerunner. Found in Uldum, south of the Halls of Origination, during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Beige Hyena variant. Untamable. Hostile. 151807

Tat the Bonechewer. Found in Uldum patrolling south of the Obelisk of the Stars during the Amethat assault. Lvl 121 Rare. Uses the Red Hyena variant. Untamable. Hostile. 152657

Rabid Hyena. Found in northwestern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Yellow and Silver-Grey Hyena variants. Tamable. Hostile. 162381

Scorpids

Venomtail Scorpid. Found in northern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Black Rugged Scorpid variant. Untamable. Hostile. 152768

Atekhramun. Found west of the Halls of Origination during the Amethet assault. Lvl 122 Rare Elite. Uses the Black Rugged Scorpid variant. Untamable. Hostile.

Venomscale Spitter. Found in northwestern Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Brown Rugged Scorpid variant. Tamable. Hostile. 162378

Venomblood Scorpid. Found at the Sahket Wastes in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Black Scorpid variant. Tamable. Hostile. 162380

Wasps

Ferndweller Wasp. Found alongside the rivers in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Green & Red Classic Wasp variant. Tamable. Hostile. 162373

Wolves

Shaggy Desert Coyote. Found at the Cradle of the Ancients in Uldum during the Uldum assaults. Lvl 119-120. Uses the Classic Tan Wolf variant. Tamable. Hostile. 162374

Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Birds of Prey

Silkfeather Hawk. Found in The Summer Fields during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the White and Light Brown Eagle variants. Tamable. Hostile. 156931

Carrion Birds

Ha-Li. Found atop a mountain the Ruins of Guo-Lai during the Mogu assaults. Lvl 120 Rare Elite. Uses the Blue-Black Teroclaw variant. Untamable. Hostile Rare Elite. 157153

Crocolisks

Stillwater Crocolisk. Found by Whitepetal Lake during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the White and Green Crocolisk variants. Tamable. Hostile. 156760

Cranes

White Crane. Found in The Summer Fields during Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the White Crane variant. Tamable. Neutral. 156780

Goats

Black Bengal Goat. Found in the mountains of The Vale during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Black Spotted Goat variant. Tamable. Neutral. 156756

Quilen

Zan-tien Quilen. Found by Whitepetal Lake during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Purple-Grey and the Aubern-Grey Quilen variants. Untamable. Hostile. 156046

Rusan. Summoned by Houndlord Ren in the Autumnshade Ridge during the Mogu assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Blue & Red Quilen w/ Bronze Armour variant. Untamable. Hostile. 158409.

Animated Warden. Found in Ruins of Guo-Lai during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Grey Stone, Sapphire, and Amethyst Quilen variants. Untamable. Hostile. 153096

Jade Watcher. Found in Ruins Rise during the Mogu assault. Lvl 120. Uses the Jade Quilen variant. Tamable. Hostile Rare Elite. 157290

Anh-De the Loyal. Found at Mistfall Village during the Mogu assault. Lvl 120. Uses the Gold & Brown Quilen w/ Grey Armour. Untamable. Hostile Rare. 157466

Rodents

Docile Porcupine. Found in The Summer Fields during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Yellow Porcupine variant. Tamable. Neutral. 156759

Stags

Fairlands Gazelle. Found in The Summer Fields during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Tan & Black Gazelle variant. Tamable. Neutral. 156788

Turtles

Menek the Infused. Found in the Autumnshade Ridge during the Mogu assault. Lvl 120. Uses the Stone Dragon Turtle variant. Untamable. Hostile. 156549

Wolves

Thundermaw. Found on Sunblossom Hill during the Vale of Eternal Blossoms assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Stormy Dark Grey Saber Worg variant. Tamable. Hostile. 156778

Stormhowl <Thundermaw Alpha>. Found on Sunblossom Hill during the Mogu assaults. Lvl 122 Rare Elite. Uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg variant. Tameable. Hostile. 157279

Visions Scenarios

Warp Stalkers

Sewer Beastling. Found in the eastern during the Vision of Stormwind scenario. Lvl 120. Uses the void War Stalker variant. Untamable. Hostile. Currently classified as a Crocolisk. 160341

Other Quests

Shale Spiders

Azerite Skitterer. Found in The Maelstrom during the Defending the Maelstrom quest. Lvl 120. Uses the yellow Shale Spider variant. Untamable. Hostile. 152834

Worms

Azerite Borer. Found in The Maelstrom during the Defending the Maelstrom quest. Lvl 120. Uses the yellow Shale Worm variant. Untamable. Hostile Elite. 152836

Bears

Misha. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 121 Elite. Uses the Sickly Tan Bear variant with Aqir eggs on her back. Untamable. Hostile. 155656

Boars

Huffer. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 120. Uses the Diseased Boars variant with a Void effect. Untamable. Hostile. 155657

Suffer. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 120. Uses the Diseased Boars variant with a Void effect. Untamable. Hostile. 155952

Ruffer. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 120. Uses the Diseased Boars variant with a Void effect. Untamable. Hostile. 155951

C'Thuffer. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 120. Uses the Diseased Boars variant with a Void effect. Untamable. Hostile. 155953

Void Boar. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 120. Uses the Diseased Boars variant with a Void effect. Untamable. Hostile. 157349

Scorpids

Tormented Kor'kron Annihilator. Found in the Visions of Orgrimmar. Lvl 120. Uses the Saddled Brown Rugged Scorpid variant. Untamable. Hostile. 158567
Last edited by Valnaaros on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:39 am, edited 14 times in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 8.3 Beasts Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Don't forget Stormhowl, the wolf I mentioned in the 8.3 general thread. Don't have it's ID, sadly.

Stormhowl, Found on Sunblossom Hill during the N'zoth assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg variant. Tameable. Hostile.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:09 pm Don't forget Stormhowl, the wolf I mentioned in the 8.3 general thread. Don't have it's ID, sadly.

Stormhowl, Found on Sunblossom Hill during the N'zoth assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg variant. Tameable. Hostile.
Added :)
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:47 pm
Jade Watcher. Found in Ruins Rise during the N'zoth assault. Lvl 120. Uses the Jade Quilen variant. Tamable. Hostile Rare Elite. 157290
Please, can you confirm that the quilen is ONLY green (without golden armor)?

I'm crying for joy if it's the green jade alone.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Positive. It has been the Jade variant both times that I've seen it. It is also a rare, so it is unlikely to have multiple possible variants.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:55 am Positive. It has been the Jade variant both times that I've seen it. It is also a rare, so it is unlikely to have multiple possible variants.
Wiiiiiiiiii, finally I can have the unique jade (without strange things), I will go with the Jade Quilen and the Jade cat being a true Jade Witch.

Wiii

Thank you for the confirmation.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Tsukina wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:13 am
Valnaaros wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:55 am Positive. It has been the Jade variant both times that I've seen it. It is also a rare, so it is unlikely to have multiple possible variants.
Wiiiiiiiiii, finally I can have the unique jade (without strange things), I will go with the Jade Quilen and the Jade cat being a true Jade Witch.

Wiii

Thank you for the confirmation.
You are most welcome :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks so much for this :)

If I understand correctly, this one:
Stormhowl. Found on Sunblossom Hill during the N'zoth assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg variant. Tameable. Hostile Rare.
should also be a previously-unused look: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... worg_light
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:49 am Thanks so much for this :)

If I understand correctly, this one:
Stormhowl. Found on Sunblossom Hill during the N'zoth assaults. Lvl 120. Uses the Stormy Grey Saber Worg variant. Tameable. Hostile Rare.
should also be a previously-unused look: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... worg_light
That is correct, and depending on whether a gaming pass happens or not, we could get two armored quilen. :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Not directly relevant, but since people have been hoping for the Demonic Corehound to be made into a hunter pet for ages: keep in mind that 8.3 updates that particular model.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

And quite frankly, that's a damn good and necessary upgrade. It looks so much better now compared to the old version. Hope that it at least translates over to the battle pet, if anything.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Rare found in Uldum to the left of Halls of Origination, southwest of the first O near a bunch of Venomtail Scorpids. Black rugged scorpid named "Atekhramun", rare elite, untameable. Not sure how to get the ID. Doesn't seem to be up daily.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=152757/atekhramun
EDIT: 122 elite, so it won't be tameable this expansion anyway. No clue if it will be flagged later.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, not new tameable beasts, but the 3 new two-tone grub skins look pretty cool. Makes me wish they were tameable:

(click on the links for larger images)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Aqir fliers and scarabs also look very cool (I'm not sure what they're called in the game, I'm taking those names from their models).

I'm guessing they'll be aberrations, but there's always the possibility they'll be tameable - assuming they're not meant to be sapient. The crawlers look like they could be classified as either beetles or silithids. The fliers are a bit harder to classify, since they're not exactly like wasps, and would probably need a family of their own. Or the two different models could be joined together as some kind of "aqiri beast" family, in a similar manner to Blood Beasts.

(click on the links for larger images)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You'll probably notice from the three sets of images that there's a common "black, blue/purple, and red" theme for creatures in Patch 8.3. This extends to a number of Old God-related NPCs, including intelligent ones. I'm not sure if there's a specific reason for those three colours recurring so much, or it's just an artistic choice.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice job with the images, Wain :)

Yeah, I don’t know if they are sapient or not. The invasion involving them hasn’t been finished yet for Uldum.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I added a few things to the OP that I noticed today, but sadly nothing new and tameable (though I had hopes for the void stalker in the Vision of Stormwind scenario :( )
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Question: are there two different kinds of assaults in VEB? I always find plenty of new NPCs about Ruins Rise, but never any rares. But whenever I've logged on the assaults have been in the east of the zone, so I wonder if there's a separate assault for the west and I've just been unlucky in not seeing it.

Also, any idea about how long assaults last/switch? Thanks :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, there are currently two for Uldum and two for the Vale. They each last a week. Currently Vale has a N’zoth assault up, so any rares spawned by the Mogu assault will not spawn during it. I have these rares marked to indicate which assault they spawn during.

There should also be a Mantid assault and a Aqir assault, though they have yet to be implemented.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Gotcha! Thanks. So I'll need to clarify in the pet descs which assault they occur during, or if they're there all the time. It seems like all the non-rare NPCs are present all the time, at least in VEB.