8.3 Beasts Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.3 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A faction called “Aqir Hatchling” was added today. Going by the description of an Aqir Mount, it looks like we’ll be able to raise our own Aqir Mount. So with that being said, it is possible that Hunters will be able to take Aqir.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Best case scenario would probably be if that faction gave some kind of book or quest to tame abberations, that allows you to tame the new Aqir Drones, Aqir Beetles, maybe the lampreys/flying eels, etc.

But if it did, we'd have seen an abberation family in the files already by now.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Off topic, but I’m reposting this notice here for better exposure:

Server lag update:

Jon has had no luck solving the problem with the server drive, so it’s being replaced. Since the problem seemed to be getting steadily worse he’s temporarily moved us to the system drive and it seems we’re running much better as a result.

The site will probably have to go down for a little while when the disk is being replaced and Jon said he’d let me know before that occurs. But given I’m in Australia I could also be asleep or at work and may not get to post a warning in time. So if we suddenly go down for a bit don’t panic, it’s probably the disk being swapped :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thanks for the update, Wain :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm impressed at how little we get in the pet department this patch so far. They're already testing the endgame content for the tiny margin of folks at that level, and we've had nary a new pet aside from the black worg that's Horde only and one time per account only. Granted, Shadowlands is coming next year and that'll have a whole slew of new things, but I can't help but feel like we're gonna be starved for new pets until then. Aqir seem exceedingly unlikely as pets, unless a random last-minute addition changes that. Still can't grab Ji-kun either, much to my dismay.

Since it's also been part of the thread; hooray, the site isn't loading slow anymore!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

mechagnomestarter.png
mechagnomestarter.png (358.41 KiB) Viewed 14966 times
Mechagnome starter pets are now properly classed as Mechanicals instead of Wolves.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can't remember if this has been confirmed already, but Mechagnomes can definitely tame other Mechanicals without the matrix:
mechangome_optimo.png
mechangome_optimo.png (285.09 KiB) Viewed 14961 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Good to know :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Aqir Scarabs in Uldum (blue-purple Aqir scarab with red abdomen) are classed as Beasts, but aren't tameable, or in a pet family :( The identical Sandstone Hatchlings are Aberrations instead.
aqirscarab.png
aqirscarab.png (149.19 KiB) Viewed 14890 times

All the flying Aqir creatures I've seen in Uldum have been Aberrations, including: Aqir Impalers (blue Aqir flyer with red body parts), Corpse Eater (Rare blue Aqir flyer with red body parts), Corpse Swarmers (red Aqir flyer with purple body parts), Aqir Stingers (black Aqir flyer with purple body parts), and Skikx'traz (Rare black Aqir flyer with purple body parts).

The Aqir Grubs (dark purple spiked grubs, like we saw on Argus) are also Aberrations.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Their classification as a Beast is most likely an oversight, unfortunately :/
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Guess you're SOL if you're not a cat fan.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

*huggles aqir scarab*

I really want one--they'd make great beetles! :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's merely an oversight that they forgot to tag the aqir OTHER THAN the one beetle as beasts, not the other way around! But for real though, it'd be one hell of a missed opportunity to not let us tame the new bugs. Even if they were blood beasts, I'd be fine.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

More bad news. Stormhowl (which we hoped would be a new tameable look) is also now 122 and therefore can't be tamed this expansion.
    Stormhowl.png
    Stormhowl.png (773.4 KiB) Viewed 14628 times

Well bugger. Are there going to be any new tames at all now? :/ Well, aside from the Horde-only, one-time wolf :(
    Qraljar
    Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Blizzard couldn't find a way to add in more cats, so 8.3 will have pretty much no conventionally acquirable pets.

Wain
    The Insane
    The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Excuse the off topic post, but a small Dottie pet giveaway: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26143
    Wain
    The Insane
    The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone been able to confirm 100% that the new Highland Worg is in a once-only phase, so no other players in the area can see it? Also, is anyone able to tell me the name of the area of Twilight Highlands it appears, and whether they're just about in that area or if they spawn as part of the quest?

Unfortunately I can't do the quest chain. It seems to think I've already done it. I guess I did a reduced version of it in 8.3, though I don't remember doing so.
    Wain
    The Insane
    The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

New build. So far I haven't seen any tameable mobs that weren't already. At this stage it looks that one-time, Horde-only black worg may be the only new tameable look in 8.3 (aside from the vulpera hunter starting serpent), unless we've missed something :(
    Valnaaros
    Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:47 am New build. So far I haven't seen any tameable mobs that weren't already. At this stage it looks that one-time, Horde-only black worg may be the only new tameable look in 8.3 (aside from the vulpera hunter starting serpent), unless we've missed something :(
    I haven’t been on for the most recent build, but I haven’t seen anything new aside from what you’ve mentioned. Hopefully that’ll change, though I suspect that 8.3 will be going Live a week or two after the New Year.
    Qraljar
    Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Not the Aqir Wasps, not the Aqir Beetles, not Kunchong, not Abyss Worms, not the N'Zoth Lampreys.

Hell, they didn't even take the opportunity to make the 7.3.5 Silithids tameable or add new tameable mobs with those remaining 3 colors into 8.3, something that feels like they could've done for over a year now. This is honestly all very disappointing. : /