8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Vephriel »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:06 pm Has anyone been able to tame Beast of Jade in the Greenstone Village scenario yet? I did manage to see it two times, but each time the Pandaren NPC just kept hitting it and keeping aggro away from me. I've been tempted to wait it out to see if the quilen can kill him, but it was late and I really needed to go to bed.
Someone who tamed it said you have to take all your armor off and hit the quilen without killing it just to establish some aggro, or the NPC will keep pulling it off you.

I have not done it myself, just passing on what another person did that worked.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Another naked tame huh? That reminds me of the cat spirit beasts in Mount Hyjal! I'll have to try that later then! Thanks for the info! :D
ImageImage
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahaha, true, but it's not about the armor stat specifically rather just...trying to make sure you don't do so much damage that you one shot it with an auto attack. :D
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wait, don't we have that foam sword toy for that sort of thing? I'm on my phone and can't check right now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:06 pm Has anyone been able to tame Beast of Jade in the Greenstone Village scenario yet? I did manage to see it two times, but each time the Pandaren NPC just kept hitting it and keeping aggro away from me. I've been tempted to wait it out to see if the quilen can kill him, but it was late and I really needed to go to bed.
I haven’t tried, but can you aggro some other mobs first to distract the Panda while you tame?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I got mine by getting completely naked, auto attacking one time, and hitting tame beast really fast. The quilen will start healing right away, so the panda will be a non-issue.
Kempera
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by Kempera »

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but the violet Pantheras are slightly different. Sabuul has a subtle void shimmer and purple cloud that Naroua doesn't have. It doesn't show as a buff and I haven't tested out death, timewalking, or arenas, but it has stayed so far in my stable and out :P .

I tried to get a screenshot, but it's kind of hard to tell :? The void is most noticeable on Sabuul's feet in the screenshot - can't see the cloud at all, but it's there.
Attachments
Sabuul.jpg
Sabuul.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 4939 times
Naroua.jpg
Naroua.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 4939 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

GormanGhaste wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:21 pm Wait, don't we have that foam sword toy for that sort of thing? I'm on my phone and can't check right now.
The foam sword toy cannot be used in the scenario.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

THEY FINALLY MADE PINKY PURPLE KITTIES TAMEABLE. My cat collection is complete. And yeah, there's often this faint, purple cloud around Sabuul. It's really subtle on lower settings, but it comes and goes on mediums.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Angry Sandcrab is now tamable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Regarding Sabuul's void effect, it's VERY noticeable. Especially in dark areas. I play on Ultra settings, and it's basically the same effect we have when corrupted. Managed to get a pretty void-filled image of the cat's shader.
WoWScrnShot_013120_011024.jpg
WoWScrnShot_013120_011024.jpg (215.29 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Gee Muffinus, why do hunters get TWO void pets?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:16 pm
Vephriel wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Zoruaronan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:51 pm I really hope the gem scorpids become tameable i really want a green one. :(
I seem to remember a conversation back in Legion as to why they might not work as a hunter pet. I think the model itself is composed of multiple separate parts, the tail isn't actually connected to the body, and I guess it's finagled together as the raid boss but as a tame it wouldn't be able to retain that functionality.

I could be misremembering but, I would really love to have them too, they're gorgeous models.
Yeah, they would have to either be specially managed or the parts would have to be attached, because otherwise upon taming them, they would just lose all the parts that are separated pasted on. Lol.
This is the same potential issue with the Iron Juggernaut. I've added all of them to the potential tames page now, but it's up to Blizzard to determine if they work.

It's possible they'll be fine, but it depends on the mechanism used to attach those models together. If they don't work it's a shame, and I think it might be something that is more an issue with models of that era. I *think* they now use other methods to get the same physics in a single model.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

I checked to see if the silentstrike pterrorwing is tameable now, sadly it's not. Hopefully it will be in the future! Also, is it correct there is no mention of this beast on petopia?

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=69815/silen ... terrorwing
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zetsoban wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:46 am I checked to see if the silentstrike pterrorwing is tameable now, sadly it's not. Hopefully it will be in the future! Also, is it correct there is no mention of this beast on petopia?

I hadn't seen that one :) The reason it's not on the site is that I don't normally document saddled beasts unless there's a precedent for that model being tameable (though I admit I did push for the armoured boar mount when none had been tameable before, which makes me inconsistent :) ). The armoured skyscreamer does look pretty awesome though, so maybe I should list it. When they also have armour they look less like just a mount and more like a battle pet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kempera wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 am Not sure if this was intentional or not, but the violet Pantheras are slightly different. Sabuul has a subtle void shimmer and purple cloud that Naroua doesn't have. It doesn't show as a buff and I haven't tested out death, timewalking, or arenas, but it has stayed so far in my stable and out :P .

I tried to get a screenshot, but it's kind of hard to tell :? The void is most noticeable on Sabuul's feet in the screenshot - can't see the cloud at all, but it's there.
That's a cool find. Thanks for letting us know :) I'll make a note of it in the pet notes, and tweet something.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jelani wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:56 pm If this was mentioned I am sorry. It wasnt on Petopia. I found another red wasp. I think the Impalers can be in different colors because it's called Aqir Impaler.
I've found a red impaler with the exact same ID as the blue one, during the Corpse Eater fight. So it can appear in multiple locations. I'm not sure if it's a really are colour morph or if it only gets that colour in special situations (like the game code spawns it for a specific purpose and it forces it to have the red colour).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:58 am
Jelani wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:56 pm If this was mentioned I am sorry. It wasnt on Petopia. I found another red wasp. I think the Impalers can be in different colors because it's called Aqir Impaler.
I've found a red impaler with the exact same ID as the blue one, during the Corpse Eater fight. So it can appear in multiple locations. I'm not sure if it's a really are colour morph or if it only gets that colour in special situations (like the game code spawns it for a specific purpose and it forces it to have the red colour).
As a followup, it appears the Aqir Impaler with ID 154367 *can* appear as red, probably randomly anywhere. It's hard to gauge the probability exactly, but I'd estimate it's on the order of 1 in 100. If you want to check, go to the PTR, mouse over one and spam F6 (the report bug) function over and over. It brings up a dress window of the creature and picks a colour that is based on the same % chance as in the wild. I had to spam it 100 or so times before I saw it turn red.
Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Raloth »

Okay...how do I get that armored boar? I really want one..but the only npcs in ashran for me are the ones found in the faction townas....nothing else :(

edit: n/m..got it! Loving all the new pets with this patch..so excited!
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Wain wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:00 am
Zetsoban wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:46 am I checked to see if the silentstrike pterrorwing is tameable now, sadly it's not. Hopefully it will be in the future! Also, is it correct there is no mention of this beast on petopia?

I hadn't seen that one :) The reason it's not on the site is that I don't normally document saddled beasts unless there's a precedent for that model being tameable (though I admit I did push for the armoured boar mount when none had been tameable before, which makes me inconsistent :) ). The armoured skyscreamer does look pretty awesome though, so maybe I should list it. When they also have armour they look less like just a mount and more like a battle pet.
Yeah I thought I'd mention it since so many mounted beasts are tameable all of a sudden. Hopefully this one will come available as well. Also it'd be great if you could add it to the site 😁
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Has anyone checked Irewing in Hight Mountain? Sadly could not since to even target/use beast lore on her you need the quest from Nessingwary's camp to "summon" her down.