8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Wain »

SetsunaChan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:11 pm Has anyone checked Irewing in Hight Mountain? Sadly could not since to even target/use beast lore on her you need the quest from Nessingwary's camp to "summon" her down.
No, I haven't :( If you've done that quest already it might be possible to repeat it if you're quest synced with someone who is up to it. I'm not certain, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

SetsunaChan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:11 pm Has anyone checked Irewing in Hight Mountain? Sadly could not since to even target/use beast lore on her you need the quest from Nessingwary's camp to "summon" her down.
I checked a few moments ago. My alt hunter had not completed the quest yet. Sadly, not tameable.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Wain wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:47 am
Wain wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:58 am
Jelani wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:56 pm If this was mentioned I am sorry. It wasnt on Petopia. I found another red wasp. I think the Impalers can be in different colors because it's called Aqir Impaler.
I've found a red impaler with the exact same ID as the blue one, during the Corpse Eater fight. So it can appear in multiple locations. I'm not sure if it's a really are colour morph or if it only gets that colour in special situations (like the game code spawns it for a specific purpose and it forces it to have the red colour).
As a followup, it appears the Aqir Impaler with ID 154367 *can* appear as red, probably randomly anywhere. It's hard to gauge the probability exactly, but I'd estimate it's on the order of 1 in 100. If you want to check, go to the PTR, mouse over one and spam F6 (the report bug) function over and over. It brings up a dress window of the creature and picks a colour that is based on the same % chance as in the wild. I had to spam it 100 or so times before I saw it turn red.
I found a red one too! I'm guessing it's a very low chance to spawn that color, kind of like the Tortos look alike in Suramar, but during all the time I spent in Uldum checking the Impalers, I never saw anyone attacking them, so it's possible the chance of seeing one is very low due to no one killing them. I guess for people who want a red one without the hassle of trying to tame one during the Corpse Eater fight where every one and their grandmas are AoEing everything in sight, they should try to go on an Impaler killing spree! :o

As for the Beast of Jade quilen, I got naked and punched it once, and I instantly got aggro and it immediately used the skill Jade Statue which made it invincible while it was healing itself. It was easier than I thought it would be. Punch and tame! :lol:
ImageImage
Reaper
Realm: Aman'Thul(Relart),Thaurissan

Unread post by Reaper »

Well today is kill flying Aqir so your more likely to see it today than any other.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

So, good news-- or bad news, depending on what side you're on.

Thanks to a user on the secret finding discord who pointed out that his tamed Qho (the rare scarab) had changed colors. So I went to check in the wild, and surely, he's now the brown aqir scarab skin whereas he used to be the purple one, same as the common mob, which means we have two out of three of the total skins for them now available to us. :)

On the flip-side, it also means hunters now have more cause to tame a rare spawn due to the unique skin.

It also appears to me that post-tame aqir scarabs were sized down a little to be more manageable. I think they're a good size, personally.

Of course, roused by the fact that there had been another stealth change to something tameable, I went to check the Aqir Goliaths. Sadly, no change in that situation. Still keeping my fingers crossed, however.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:07 am So, good news-- or bad news, depending on what side you're on.

Thanks to a user on the secret finding discord who pointed out that his tamed Qho (the rare scarab) had changed colors. So I went to check in the wild, and surely, he's now the brown aqir scarab skin whereas he used to be the purple one, same as the common mob, which means we have two out of three of the total skins for them now available to us. :)

On the flip-side, it also means hunters now have more cause to tame a rare spawn due to the unique skin.

Oh wow! That's awesome news. It must have been a recent hotfix , as even Wowhead is showing the old colour. It makes me wonder what else may have been given a new colour.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:06 pm Has anyone been able to tame Beast of Jade in the Greenstone Village scenario yet? I did manage to see it two times, but each time the Pandaren NPC just kept hitting it and keeping aggro away from me. I've been tempted to wait it out to see if the quilen can kill him, but it was late and I really needed to go to bed.
Have you tried freezing it before the NPC touches it? Most NPCs are programmed to stop attacking a CC'd target.

Dunno about that particular one, just a thought.

Re:Qho above. Damn it. That's the color I wanted. It's not up now though, lol.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:22 am awesome news. It must have been a recent hotfix , as even Wowhead is showing the old colour. It makes me wonder what else may have been given a new colour.
I couldn't think of anything else that might've gotten a recolor, but I'm sure there are some things.

On the note of the scarabs, I just went to check on my classic beetles and it appears those got resized as well?

I mean, I haven't pulled this one out for a while, but last time I checked, this one was a huge tank of a pet, the same size as the aqir scarabs were before. So I may be wrong, but I feel like they got sized down simultaneously? A bit of a bummer. The aqir is now a good size, but I liked my big buggy tank OG beetle.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so forgive me if I missed it, but neither Anzu nor Blaithe from Mount Hyjal quests can be tamed, but they DO have families.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

I had wondered if the Aqir Scarabs worked the same way as the Impalers did with the rare red skin, in that the listed untameable skin was a rare skin spawn after many kills.

It sure is =D
You don't have to end up praying for someone to NOT kill one of the spawns of the world boss encounter <3

This lil guy appeared after about 62 kills going in a loop (started from the Ruins of Ammon), and spawned in the Ruins of Orsis.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

VelindraJay wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:54 am Image

I had wondered if the Aqir Scarabs worked the same way as the Impalers did with the rare red skin, in that the listed untameable skin was a rare skin spawn after many kills.

It sure is =D
You don't have to end up praying for someone to NOT kill one of the spawns of the world boss encounter <3

This lil guy appeared after about 62 kills going in a loop (started from the Ruins of Ammon), and spawned in the Ruins of Orsis.
Oh my god! Well done! :) So that was just a normal Aqir Scarab? I tested those and never saw a red one, but I was probably either unlucky or they hotfixed it after. Thanks for reporting it. I'll update the site :)
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

dang....... T_T
VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

Wain wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:39 am

It sure is =D

Oh my god! Well done! :) So that was just a normal Aqir Scarab? I tested those and never saw a red one, but I was probably either unlucky or they hotfixed it after. Thanks for reporting it. I'll update the site :)
Yup! Just the normal Blue & Red skinned ones that congregate around all of Uldum!
The Red & Blue skin shows up after x amount of them are killed, in the same vein as the Red Aqir Impaler does after x amount of the regular Blue Impalers are killed :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

bambix
Realm: Terrordar

Unread post by bambix »

It sure is =D

Thanks for the heads up! Went out and found a blue butt sticking out of the sand.

Had a quick scare when I went back to the stable but turns out it's just bugged in the preview: https://imgur.com/B4FBGMB
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Myzou wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:57 am
Shinryu Masaki wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:06 pm Has anyone been able to tame Beast of Jade in the Greenstone Village scenario yet? I did manage to see it two times, but each time the Pandaren NPC just kept hitting it and keeping aggro away from me. I've been tempted to wait it out to see if the quilen can kill him, but it was late and I really needed to go to bed.
Have you tried freezing it before the NPC touches it? Most NPCs are programmed to stop attacking a CC'd target.

Dunno about that particular one, just a thought.

Re:Qho above. Damn it. That's the color I wanted. It's not up now though, lol.
That's an older post of mine, I tamed it later after reading Veph's suggestion about punching it while naked. Though I did try the freezing trap, didn't work at all, the NPC kept attacking it.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The versions of the Aqir Impaler (blue) and Aqir Stinger (black) wasps that spawn around Obelisk of the Moon are now tameable. Not the scarabs in the same area, though.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zetsoban wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:46 am I checked to see if the silentstrike pterrorwing is tameable now, sadly it's not. Hopefully it will be in the future! Also, is it correct there is no mention of this beast on petopia?

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=69815/silen ... terrorwing
I've added the Silentstrike now: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... goldsaddle
And a couple of other skyscreamers with harnesses, too: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... goldsaddle

All the possible looks are here: https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... yscreamers

Thanks for suggesting them :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Irewing is now tameable, if you have someone who has the Nesingwary quest to activate her. That completes the list of roc colours!
Irewing.png
Irewing.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 4948 times
And the Angerhoof Bull in Halls of Valor is also now tameable, meaning the final musken colour is also now available. (The rare Thunderhorn isn't tameable).
AngerhoofBull.png
AngerhoofBull.png (954.26 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Porkchop is now tamable