8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Reaper
Realm: Aman'Thul(Relart),Thaurissan

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Reaper »

Thinking to myself this morning, why didn't Blizzard just do a second BfA taming tome? could've thrown in a rare item somewhere or quest line to allow taming of Aberration Beasts which would've allowed alot of the Aberrations that are now beasts to still be tamed including those giant tape worms.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I am pleased that it seems like we're getting some more updates with each day or so. I'm just really hoping the rocket chicken becomes a tameable pet. But if they do, I hope they put a non-rare rocket chicken somewhere in the world. Fighting for the one in Mechagon just seems like its asking for trouble (and I'm tired of getting yelled at by non-hunters for taming things they want to kill) lol

I think Rocket Chickens & Horses are probably the only things left on my "Realistic Dream" list. On my unrealistic-but-I-can-dream list are Cloud Serpents.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ty Runethia and Veph--I've been wanting a void warp stalker for a long time!
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm Umbraliss is also tameable! (and keeps its name) :)
Taming flags must be ongoing - I checked Umbraliss around 2pm est and it was still an aberration. CHECK ALL THE THINGS AGAIN!! Lol
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Sarynotsorry wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 pm
Vephriel wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm Umbraliss is also tameable! (and keeps its name) :)
Taming flags must be ongoing - I checked Umbraliss around 2pm est and it was still an aberration. CHECK ALL THE THINGS AGAIN!! Lol
Kokiron posted something that may help with that issue.
Kokiron wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:23 pm If you're having trouble with the void warp stalkers still being abberations, log out and delete your cache, then log back in :)
I mean admittedly, cache clearing is super annoying (at least for me, cause it seems to reset all my graphical settings lol), but does seem to work on fixing some of these recent taming hotfixes.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Sarynotsorry wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 pm
Well, there's also the difficulty that some stuff isn't visible as tameable before a cache clearing.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's fantastic! :) It looks like the Voidgorged Stalkers in Mac'Aree are also tameable, but the Enthralled Voidstalkers (which are pets of the NPCs there) and the Voidstalkers in the south-west of the zone are still aberrations. I haven't checked the one inside the dungeon there. I have to get to work.

It's unlikely, but has anyone checked any void hounds/terrors today? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My vulpera is questing in netherstorm, I'll have to go check those tomorrow!
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

As of 7:11pm Pacific Time, the Hounds of Culuthas (Void Hound) in Netherstorm are still Demons and not tameable.
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

Blizz...........pls..........I want the Them.......so badly.........
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

I have been doing some thinking for a long time now and I thought about...why not just make all old raid and dungeon beasts tameable like Guarm and what not...?
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Honestly, considering the themes in Shadowlands and where Guarm are frome, I'd be very surprised if they don't become tameable in Shadowlands.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The voidstalkers from the Seat of Triumvirate dungeon are tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:41 pm Just noticed that the armored bears, on the tameable page, show the old model. They are using the new model ingame.
Oops, I meant to update those. Thanks for reminding me!

They should all be updated now: https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... amanibears

Since they've added all the bear skins to the new model there are loads more potential looks than the original (which only had the black and brown skins).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OOX-Fleetfoot.png
OOX-Fleetfoot.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 6470 times
OOX-Fleetfoot/MG is up today in Mechagon (Obnoticus is visiting Rustbolt). It's our first-ever rocket chicken pet. It runs super-fast, so it can be hard to tame it in time and you may need stuns as well.

It mostly sticks to paths, but runs pretty randomly around the island otherwise. It's neutral when you aren't attacking it, so it's easier to pick up on hunter tracking, as it's not only moving rapidly but it's one of the few yellow blips you'll see in most places. Most mechs are red or green.
Nelius
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Nelius »

Wain wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:49 am OOX-Fleetfoot.png

OOX-Fleetfoot/MG is up today in Mechagon (Obnoticus is visiting Rustbolt). It's our first-ever rocket chicken pet. It runs super-fast, so it can be hard to tame it in time and you may need stuns as well.

It mostly sticks to paths, but runs pretty randomly around the island otherwise. It's neutral when you aren't attacking it, so it's easier to pick up on hunter tracking, as it's not only moving rapidly but it's one of the few yellow blips you'll see in most places. Most mechs are red or green.
Great find! Just tamed him. Took around 30 minutes of searching, but eventually was able to spot him. He basically patrols the whole island. Very adorable pet.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Also just got him, thanks for the heads up.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Can it be trapped or is it immune? Or binding shot maybe?

Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Rikaku wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Can it be trapped or is it immune? Or binding shot maybe?
He is immune to trap, i flew a little ahead of him and landed with tame channeling.......it looked like he hella ranged my tame but it still continued casting and went off.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Thanks for the confirmation! I that was my Plan B if all else failed lol

Man can't wait to get home. FINALLY A ROCKET CHICKEN!!