8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Vephriel »

https://twitter.com/Lofriendo/status/12 ... 06690?s=19 someone on Twitter shared this as a good taming location for the OOX
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The perk of day one discoveries is no competition. Got my OOX pretty easily, thankfully. Just have to concussive shot once and it'll be a guarantee.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:03 pm The perk of day one discoveries is no competition. Got my OOX pretty easily, thankfully. Just have to concussive shot once and it'll be a guarantee.
Can confirm, I snagged it with a single concussive.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:56 pm https://twitter.com/Lofriendo/status/12 ... 06690?s=19 someone on Twitter shared this as a good taming location for the OOX
Can't stress it enough, just went there and he happened to run there not even a minute after I camped. I got so happy I hit like 3 keys instead of just the one for Tame Beast :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT IT WORKED!!!
CHICKEN.jpg
CHICKEN.jpg (234.49 KiB) Viewed 8999 times
Now to come up with a name, truly the hardest part of a tame.

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Kokiron wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:17 am Image

Blizz...........pls..........I want the Them.......so badly.........
Holy crap you about gave me a heart attach then I saw they still weren't tameable. -flops- That split second though... -dead-
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

pawprintedheart wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:33 pm
Holy crap you about gave me a heart attach then I saw they still weren't tameable. -flops- That split second though... -dead-
I'M SO GLAD I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE LOL

First second I saw that Guarm pic too I was like "ROCKET AND GUARM WHAT/!?!" at my desk at work :lol:

Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

i'm sorry guys LMAO

Also on a whim I went to check a few more i've been interested in; all the wickerbeast dogs are still abberations, the wicker bears are beasts but not tameable even though they have bear family information, Betsy and other pigs still not tameable (it sucks cause dire beast can summon a pig and I get so jealous of my temporary pig!!!!! lol), cottontail matron and other rabbits not tameable
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Rikaku wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:31 pm I mean admittedly, cache clearing is super annoying (at least for me, cause it seems to reset all my graphical settings lol), but does seem to work on fixing some of these recent taming hotfixes.
Cache -> WDB -> enUS -> creaturecache.wdb

I'm pretty sure for other regions the enUS is something else, like enEU for Europe, but still, there should be no need to delete anything other than the creature file to reset the data for the mobs in the game. Maybe the npccache.wdb file too just to be sure, though all the files in that folder are safe to delete and shouldn't mess with anything in the game like your graphical settings. :D
ImageImage
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kokiron wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 pm i'm sorry guys LMAO

Also on a whim I went to check a few more i've been interested in; all the wickerbeast dogs are still abberations, the wicker bears are beasts but not tameable even though they have bear family information, Betsy and other pigs still not tameable (it sucks cause dire beast can summon a pig and I get so jealous of my temporary pig!!!!! lol), cottontail matron and other rabbits not tameable
Bummer, wicker beasts would be AWESOME addition.

Additionally I went to check on the Adders in Timeless Isle and Cobaltscale (iirc the name) in Karasang Wilds. The cobaltscale pythons are not tameable but don't show any family history whatsoever.

The Timeless Isle Adders are not tameable, but they do show family info as a "Serpent". Same with the Crimsonscale Cloud Serpents on Timeless Isle; not tameable but show "Serpent" family info.
Shinryu Masaki wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:18 pm
Rikaku wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:31 pm I mean admittedly, cache clearing is super annoying (at least for me, cause it seems to reset all my graphical settings lol), but does seem to work on fixing some of these recent taming hotfixes.
Cache -> WDB -> enUS -> creaturecache.wdb

I'm pretty sure for other regions the enUS is something else, like enEU for Europe, but still, there should be no need to delete anything other than the creature file to reset the data for the mobs in the game. Maybe the npccache.wdb file too just to be sure, though all the files in that folder are safe to delete and shouldn't mess with anything in the game like your graphical settings. :D
Oh man, thank you. I did not know that at all and that's soooo helpful! Thanks!! :headbang:

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

If Cloud Serpents become tameable, they'd work well in their own family or the wind serpent family.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Saw some Brutosaur with family details but cant be tame , anyone discover anything new about them ?
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I did see a Brutosaur labeled as a Direhorn but I'm pretty sure it's not tamable, and if it was I doubt it would be placed in that family. But you never know, they do make some mistakes sometimes.
ImageImage
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

I see and I think the reason why Blizzard is having trouble letting us tame Kunchongs is because they're being controlled by Klaxxi manipulators maybe the solution could be we kill the manipulators to get an item so we can soothe them from their mind control in order to tame them.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:57 am I did see a Brutosaur labeled as a Direhorn but I'm pretty sure it's not tamable, and if it was I doubt it would be placed in that family. But you never know, they do make some mistakes sometimes.
I feel like they could be scalehides at best.

But they probably need their own family.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I feel like putting them in scalehides makes so much sense, because what’s the point of Putting something in a family of their own if there’s not much variety, like shale spiders, which no one tame nowadays, the family would of been better if it had more varieties of different models, but I’m still dying to have a black brutosaur on my side
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just came back after a break, did they ever implement wild versions of the primordial stone direhorns? I know the Zandalari starter pet uses it, but did any wild ones get added? I always thought this xpac would be the perfect time to add them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As far as I know, no. There aren’t any that existed before and there isn’t anything new in the DB.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Man, it would be cool if tamed aqir drones were about this size or maybe a tiny bit smaller. They look really cool at that size, whereas right now they feel almost battle pet sized.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I just wish my red one would go back to the color I tamed it as instead of blue. :(
Reaper
Realm: Aman'Thul(Relart),Thaurissan

Unread post by Reaper »

Dunno if its a different colour or already known but while in the Vale today doing dailies i hit Beast Lore on a Swarm Ravager (the one Swarm Keepers run around with) and they're tamable Wasps.