8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by DragonHeart »

I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING ELSE TO BECOME TAMEABLE UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO TAME KUNCHONGS AND GOLITHS.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Reaper wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 pm Dunno if its a different colour or already known but while in the Vale today doing dailies i hit Beast Lore on a Swarm Ravager (the one Swarm Keepers run around with) and they're tamable Wasps.
It is not a new variant, and it was added to the Petopia database yesterday. Nevertheless, thank you for your report and checking on things :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 pm
Reaper wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 pm Dunno if its a different colour or already known but while in the Vale today doing dailies i hit Beast Lore on a Swarm Ravager (the one Swarm Keepers run around with) and they're tamable Wasps.
It is not a new variant, and it was added to the Petopia database yesterday. Nevertheless, thank you for your report and checking on things :)
Hopefully all the new Mantid assault wasps are up.
Swarm Ravager - appears all the time, tameable
Ravager Worker & Ravager Drone - appear when Ravager Hive quest event is up (where you have to click on hives attached to the tree), both tameable
Skiver - I *think* spawns at the end of the Ravager Hive quest event. At least it appeared and started circling the tree right after I completed the event. It's level 122 so not tameable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Of course the one day I don't look at Petopia is the day we find out Rocket Chicken is tameable. Now I need to figure out the next day somehow, even though I have no way of being alerted. Ugh.

EDIT: Also, we need tameable Giraffes before Kunchongs. :( I've been waiting foreeeeeever.

And tameable Alpacas for the Vulpera Hunters. They can easily just go in the goat family.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:08 am Of course the one day I don't look at Petopia is the day we find out Rocket Chicken is tameable. Now I need to figure out the next day somehow, even though I have no way of being alerted. Ugh.
I don't suppose you use Twitter? I posted there at the time, too :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I can comfirm that Rusan is tamable. Anh-De the Loyal is not.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 pm I can comfirm that Rusan is tamable. Anh-De the Loyal is not.
Bugger. Thanks. I'll add Anh-De to the tame request list.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Did u guys notice there is a polar warbear in northern that is still not tamable ?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:15 am
Valnaaros wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 pm I can comfirm that Rusan is tamable. Anh-De the Loyal is not.
Bugger. Thanks. I'll add Anh-De to the tame request list.
You bet :)
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Just Noticed Rei Lun is a beast.

It actually looks like all of the cloud serpents during the mogu assault are listed as beasts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, most cloud serpents have been beasts since Pandaria :) Many were dragonkin early in the MoP beta, but were all later changed to beasts. Presumably they wanted to make a point that these weren't true dragons.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Cloud serpents would be a perfect fit for a new pet family that requires a skill to be tamed. Both the mogu and pandaren have been taming them since they were first introduced; one race through force, the other through tender care.

With 8.3 introducing a new clan of "good" mogu, it would have been the perfect opportunity to allow hunters to earn the right to tame these majestic beasts. :D

(Besides, going by WC3 lore, many (if not all) feathermanes are kin to real dragons, so we're technically already taming other Dragonkin.)
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Where dose one even start to look for whats tamable? Do you guys just think of something that falls within the familes they posted and try it?
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Blizzard should allow us to buy extra stable slots ...
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Qinni wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:26 am Where dose one even start to look for whats tamable? Do you guys just think of something that falls within the familes they posted and try it?
I spam "Beast Lore" on just about everything I come across during my gameplay to check personally. Esp if it's been something we've desired for awhile lol
Wain wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:49 am Actually, most cloud serpents have been beasts since Pandaria :) Many were dragonkin early in the MoP beta, but were all later changed to beasts. Presumably they wanted to make a point that these weren't true dragons.
Nazja wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:09 am Cloud serpents would be a perfect fit for a new pet family that requires a skill to be tamed. Both the mogu and pandaren have been taming them since they were first introduced; one race through force, the other through tender care.
Though I have noticed that lately most of these, if you Beast Lore, they are under the "Serpent" family. They are listed as Cunning, and have all the listed skills and diets of a Serpent.

Personally I wouldn't mind them being Serpents. If it gets them tameable, then I'm all for it. I mean we got Dreamrunners & Zhevras in 'Stag' which is just something they could fit into for us to tame them (they're not at all stag-beasts otherwise). :lol:

So I'll take some Cloud Serpents please lol (I can dream)

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Qinni wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:26 am Where dose one even start to look for whats tamable? Do you guys just think of something that falls within the familes they posted and try it?
I have an addon that tells me if and what an npc's pet ability would be. If it's an npc I don't expect, I beast lore it. Also, there's a few I wish were tameable, so I check them when there's a taming surge.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/stablehand/
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Myzou wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:08 am Of course the one day I don't look at Petopia is the day we find out Rocket Chicken is tameable. Now I need to figure out the next day somehow, even though I have no way of being alerted. Ugh.

EDIT: Also, we need tameable Giraffes before Kunchongs. :( I've been waiting foreeeeeever.

And tameable Alpacas for the Vulpera Hunters. They can easily just go in the goat family.
I see your Giraffe (btw, my husband would be over the moon if they became tameable) and raise you Rams. I've wanted Rams to be tameable since I first started playing WoW back in Vanilla. ♥ But longings aside, I'm extremely grateful for all the love us hunters are getting this patch. HUGE thanks to the wonderful people at Blizz for allowing so many new tames recently and for the amazing people here who've taken the time to scour through the many previously untameable mobs to bring us such an amazingly long list of new pets! Thank you all! I am over-joyed at all the new pet possibilities! ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I want Rams too, just plop them into the goat family, the vicious war ram mount has a good model, and an almost useable skin under the armor. I think Shadowlands would be a good time to add them in, since (to paraphrase the song) "Sheep go to Bastion, goats go to Revendreth".

As for BfA content, I think kunchong/aqir goliath would make the most sense. It kind of feels like a 'now or never' point for kunchong. And maybe some of the currently beasts on the island expeditions. There's two models of living nerbubians, the fliers are essentially blood beasts, and the skitterers could be beetles like the aqir beetles or spiders (only 6 legs though) or silithid (its not like the family name matters that much).
Shadisar
Realm: Un'Goro

Unread post by Shadisar »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:30 pm Blaithe and Anzu are both now tamable.
This is not correct Anzu is still untamable.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 pm
I don't suppose you use Twitter? I posted there at the time, too :)
Not really. I only have it to retweet contests and such lol.